Another bit of advice please - 3 packs or 4

fee79

Hi

I a on day 9 of S&S and have been taking three packs a day and having some chicken/fish with cucumber at dinner time. What is the best for weight loss 3 packs or 4? Is there a difference? I just want to make sure I am doing the best to lose this weight.

Thanks again in advance

Fee x

It's six and half a dozen. Both plans are really the same when it comes to losses. It's down to preference

Thanks Starlight you have been so helpful :) x

Looking at it mathematically you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound..on average say its 150 calories a packet...each day on 4 packets you will not be creating an extra 150 calorie deficit as you would on three ....so 150 goes into 3500 23.3 times...so on 3 packets every 23.3 days you would lose 1 more pound than if you were on 4 packets....confused hehe? its not an exact science as alot of factors have to be considered ..but if the difference per month is only just over 1 pound between losses i think id rather have the 4 and be fuller ....the calculation can be worked the same for the veg and the milk and having them effects losses minimally...i suppose if you have a very very strict deadline where every pound is important it would be best to do 3 packets no extras , i guess, i wouldnt though for a few extra accumulative pounds over a period of months.....ramble over!

But on 3 packets the OP has 100g of protein too that will add around the same calories as a pack to the total so it ends up more or less the same in terms of calories as having 4 packs. In theory it should make no difference.

I'm a little confused - waiting for my order at the moment so not started yet but had been planning just 3 packs and a multi-vit. It even highlights Completely Food Free in the sales blurb. Where does the protein come in to it?

Help!

If you are having 3 S&S packs then you are advised to have 100g of additional protein (grilled chicken or fish, plus certain other things if you're vegetarian etc) to ensure that protein levels are sufficient. The totally food free option is based on having 4 packs per day (and doesn't require a multi-vit).

I have 3 packs plus a multi bit and I've been fine. It's down to personal preference

Mmm its not really. Youre not following the plan the way it should be followed. Thats not what S&S say their plan should be done, youre not getting the nutrients etc you need doing that. Its really not a good idea to say to someone whos just starting on the diet that this is an ok way to do it. It might work for you but whats to say it wont adversely affect someone else. These diets are strict and carefully constructed skipping packs is never a good idea.

When I started on Slim and Save the first time around,( last May) the option was 3 packs plus optional veg for women or 4 packs plus optional veg for Men. When I recently restrted I had to read and reread it to ensure I had it right as obviously somewhere along the line they have changed their guidelines, either due to different nutrional values in packs or maybe because 3 packs wern't enough. This may be where some are confused if they are returning like me and there still may be some old information out there?

When I started on Slim and Save the first time around,( last May) the option was 3 packs plus optional veg for women

Yep, the advice re protein was added in January. I guess they reviewed the nutritional values of the current products (the product range has changed quite a bit from when I first started) and decided that if on 3 products you should have the protein too. It's no big deal for me, I like the protein. If you don't then just have 4 packs. Simples :)

I think the fact they changed it speaks volumes... clearly just 3 isnt enough
Agree, we all want to lose weight quickly but its equally important to lose it safely.

yes my answer above was based on 3 packets which was what i was on when i first had a little stint in september last year..they said 3 packets then no mention of protein...not that im complaining..i prefer the freedom now and ive stuck to it longer this time

When I started on Slim and Save the first time around,( last May) the option was 3 packs plus optional veg for women or 4 packs plus optional veg for Men. When I recently restrted I had to read and reread it to ensure I had it right as obviously somewhere along the line they have changed their guidelines, either due to different nutrional values in packs or maybe because 3 packs wern't enough. This may be where some are confused if they are returning like me and there still may be some old information out there?

I'm not a returner - I'm getting my information from the website!

28 Days Full Female VLCD - 84 Items - Slim & Save Doesn't mention protein at all? Do you get a different instructions with the order?

i can see how that is confusing when not all the pages are updated...you get a big printout sheet in the box with your order with information on

Mmm its not really. Youre not following the plan the way it should be followed. Thats not what S&S say their plan should be done, youre not getting the nutrients etc you need doing that. Its really not a good idea to say to someone whos just starting on the diet that this is an ok way to do it. It might work for you but whats to say it wont adversely affect someone else. These diets are strict and carefully constructed skipping packs is never a good idea.
I never said it was ok, I said I was doing this and I have been physically fine. And it is down to personal preference, s&s don't force you to do what they recommend

No but by not doing it the way they recommend can be detremental to peoples health. By saying you disregard their advice and skip a pack/protein and youre ok is in my opinion sending out the wrong message, specially to possible slightly confused newbies.

I think when new comers to the diet are questioning how it works and the way it should be done we should be telling them the correct way, not highlighting tweaks and things we make to the plan.

Back