Another Bread recipe, but adapted for Cake.

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I have been using Becca's Mug Cake recipe ever since she put it up on here, but in november i decided to have a go at adapting it to make some plain cake......voila Bread!!!

It means I can use my half allowances left from having my porridge, and i get a bread for sandwiches and a cake for pudding.....BUT, i try to eat both bits at the same meal as its not recommended to split your oatbran up into to many portions throughout the day, so I have it for breakfast and lunch......never later than tea as it weighs heavy on me in the mornig. Anyway, here it is.

1tbsp Oatbran
.5tbsp Wheatbran
2.5tbsp Skim Milk Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 smallish eggs (though I have done medium-large before)
3 tbsp Milk (I use semi, but skimmed is better)

Mix it all together really really well, make sure all dry ingredients have been mixed in.

I use a small silicon loaf tin, and I mean small, its abouot 6in long and only a couple inches deep and wide. I bought it from The Range. You might be able to use silicon muffin tin instead, which will give you round bread buns LOL.

Put half the mixture into the containers and microwave on 600w for 3 mins....this is for the loaf tin, I reckon if you do individual tins you will need to lower the cooking time. Turn out onto wire rack to cool.

Sometimes i then cook the other half of mixture as another bread loaf.......however, add the following to the remainder of the mixture for a cake.

Few drops of flavouring...my fave is ginger.
Sweetner to taste
Goji berries are nice too.

Mix well and then microwave on same settings as bread.

Turn out to cool.

This is a very very easy recipe and huge thanks to beccs for the original mug cake recipe...I hope you don't mind I adapted hunni, this really is the best things since...well sliced bread LOL.

The bread is nice toasted with eggs, or gorgeous with a smear of horseradish and beef. I tend to cut it in half, but if your are really careful you could probably slice lengthways in three slices.

you can't had the wheatbran for attack, but if you use all your oatbran allowance that will work too. x

Just bumping this for the person looking for bread recipes.

Back