Another cous cous question

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain re: cous cous, but after getting a couple of ideas for sweet cous cous I'm now trying to get ideas for savour cous cous.

I made cous cous with beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and a bit of leftover smoked gammon, some chopped mint and lime juice.

After making it up I have to say I don't like the lime juice in it, so I was wondering what other people put into cous cous to flavour it before adding veggies etc? Would it be better with a stock cube or something in?

Also, how can I stop it from sticking together too much? I oured boiling water on it and left it for about 5 minutes, but it was sticking together. What did I do wrong/how can I prevent this?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! :)

Sian xx

Hi, i crumble a stock cube over mine before adding hot water, usually beef or chicken, it does change colour but gives it a bit of extra flavour.
As for it sticking together mine always does, i just break it up with a fork.
Hope this helps
Debb x

I make mine with stock and I just fluff it back up with a fork after its done

I sometimes use marmite - mix about 1 teaspoon marmite with hot water & pour over couscous. Yep I just fluff mine up when cooked.

When I make it with marmite I add tomatoes & cheese, yummy.

Exactly whats been said - chicken stock and just enough to cover it and have a few little pools. Then cover so it steams and fluff to break it up after 5 mins

Someone mentioned wholemeal cous cous on here recently but I cant find it

Back