Another diary another diet

I'm reading your posts and know exactly how u feel every day u say to yourself this is it I'm going to be good but it never lasts. I started again today with my fitness pal so we'll see lol

Hi all, I (re)started calorie counting this week after visiting my doctor and being told to lose weight! I lost a few stone by counting 5 years ago and kept it off until I had my son, but since him have messed about between diets and binging!

The difficult bit is definitely getting your head in line and sticking, even a small slip up is fine as long as the next day you keep going with healthy!

I agree we are all human after all a slip and then as long as you get back on it calorie counting works.. I am maintaining now I still count.. I still slip though most of the time I stay healthy I have the most horrendous sweet tooth though!! I don't deprive myself of sweet things completely but I can add the odd treat into myfitnesspal and stay within my maintenance calories ;) I try not to beat myself up too much when I go over just move on and say tomorrow will be a better day where I will not trough pick and mix!! :p my other weakness is cheesecake btw I literally can not resist it!! Luckily not too commen occurance, usually when my nan offers me a slice of homemade cheesecake or if I go out for dinner and cheesecake is on the pudding menu! :p

Sent from my D2005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Can I just ask steff what calories you were on to lose the weight and what you are now maintaining at? I haven't been able to find your diary as I'm too new, xx

Hey my diary is in members only ;) think you need 50 posts.. Was losing on between 1200 and 1400 calories my maintenance is at 1830 due to my active lifestyle and my gym activities.. I eat some but not all of my excersize calories to maintain.. Which is kind of what I was doing when losing too I ate extra calories when I felt I needed them ;)

I'll just need to get replying more! Thank you for telling me though! I'm trying to keep my calories low enough to lose well but not so strict that I can't keep doing it? And realising that I'll need to stay in control of my intake even when I get to maintenance mode?

Think of it as a lifestyle change not just a diet ;) choose healthier options I used to have oven chips and baked beans with my dinner every day now chips are rare and a treat ;) when it comes to maintaining if you are excersizing alot you will find you can eat far more just to prevent yourself from dropping any more weight!!

Back