another month .."but".. xen shortage!!!..

sammyd

well that was the first time Ive been to the doctors and hit same weight as the previous month!.. but still got another months supply!..... i think it was the knock on from Christmas, it's been a nightmare getting back in the saddle, this last few pounds are proving to be by far the worst!...
but hey get this.. I brought some new jeans yesterday "believe it or not I've lost 12" from my stomach!!.. staggering
but anyway back to subject I went round 7 chemists and theres no xen anywhere... apparently its been shipped in from abroad now and has been packaged in 68s so been sent back!..
can you believe if I want some Ive got to drive to Peterborough, 29 miles, that's the closest place that has some until next week!...
ha..... always me "anyone else get that feeling".. tsk

Last edited:
Yes alot of us finding same issue, was told big chains don't have ANY and to try the little chemists .. Am tempted to ask doc for some more just in case I can't get any next mth.. As the chemist I got mine from has at least 3 more packets..,

Mis-behave said:
Yes alot of us finding same issue, was told big chains don't have ANY and to try the little chemists .. Am tempted to ask doc for some more just in case I can't get any next mth.. As the chemist I got mine from has at least 3 more packets..,

ha-har .... that'll explain that then!.. she did a search on line and there's none any ware round here & told me next week, but don't hold much hope .. :0/

yea i read online there is a shortage of xen and that there are generics but they are also limited. i hope i manage to get a pack when i go docs in a couple of weeks time. i have been taking the orlistat 'tevo' for a couple of weeks and notice i dont have a grumbly belly (i usually do when i have dinner and take a xen) its like the 'tevo' brand is not as strong or something x

I hope everyone gets sorted. It sounds like this could be a problem for a while.

oh no. hope they get this sorted out soon. i have plenty for now so hopefully will be ok. hope everyone else can get there supply. dont really want to stop them part way through.

Kayee said:
yea i read online there is a shortage of xen and that there are generics but they are also limited. i hope i manage to get a pack when i go docs in a couple of weeks time. i have been taking the orlistat 'tevo' for a couple of weeks and notice i dont have a grumbly belly (i usually do when i have dinner and take a xen) its like the 'tevo' brand is not as strong or something x

not that I'd know or any thing, but surly the medication made by companies has to be kept to tight guide lines!..
these have all been through years of trials!.. surly these companies can't change any of the ingredients!.. that's why I would have thought anyway!!... :0/

Just at my docs now. Going to ask if any way he'll prescribe xen/ son of xen as worked out alli will cost me about £40 a month... Eeek! Fingers crossed... Although I've now been waiting 25 mins so may well be a size 8 before I even get in there.

efk said:
Just at my docs now. Going to ask if any way he'll prescribe xen/ son of xen as worked out alli will cost me about £40 a month... Eeek! Fingers crossed... Although I've now been waiting 25 mins so may well be a size 8 before I even get in there.

how did you get on?..
but good luck finding some lol... there seems to be a shortage!.. tsk

He said yes - but also said I have to lose 30% of my body weight in 3 months. Surely that's impossible? That's over 4 and a half stone...

Would be great if I could but am sure that's nigh on impossible!

Will hunt out the chemists with a stash in Big City P tomorrow!

efk said:
He said yes - but also said I have to lose 30% of my body weight in 3 months. Surely that's impossible? That's over 4 and a half stone...

Would be great if I could but am sure that's nigh on impossible!

Will hunt out the chemists with a stash in Big City P tomorrow!

Erm that's not true the info in packet states 5% in 3 months, I'd argue it!!! 4.5 stone weight loss in 3 months is not healthy!!!!

Yeah I managed that on Cambridge but that was surviving on 400 cals/day and my hair fell out! 5% is 11lb so fingers crossed I should be able to manage that in 3 months!

Sammy I seem to have plenty at my chemist. Post me your script and I'll post you a box :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Sammy I seem to have plenty at my chemist. Post me your script and I'll post you a box :)

Kat if I have a problem you'll have to let me know which chemist you use x

Our village one Lexie so come and visit and we'll have lunch at Macy's - yummy

not that I'd know or any thing, but surly the medication made by companies has to be kept to tight guide lines!..
these have all been through years of trials!.. surly these companies can't change any of the ingredients!.. that's why I would have thought anyway!!... :0/

maybe my body is just geting used to the medication. lol or maybe i have just got it into my head that its a placebo looooool! x

They have to stick to the same guidelines so it's probably psychological .

No I def don't mean Maccy d's!!!!!!!!

I hate that crap!
No Macy's is a lovely bistro in navenby that has a limited menu as everything is homemade but they change the menu every week . It's deliscious

I just went back to doc and explained the shortage issues and he gave me prescription for 2 more mths.. Managed to find a box and a 1/3 in a small chemist.. Everyone else is out.. So am ok till end march :)

Back