Another N00bie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Metal_Gear_Panda, 25 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Metal_Gear_Panda

Metal_Gear_Panda Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    My own mix
    Hi All,

I'll start by saying thank's for having me :)

I'll introduce myself. My name's Gemma and I'm 25. I don't really know what else to say here apart from that I'm nervous as I have a set time limit to lose the weight in and I'm struggling already. I've been trying for about two weeks and I've put two pounds on...while watching what I'm eating and exercising like there's no tomorrow.

But away from that, the fun stuff.

I like watching Ice Hockey, I mostly have my nose in a good book, or playing some computer game. I am one of the generation that like to play games and don't do much else I guess. I work as a Civil Servant which is fun (not at all).

I'm a bit of a movie buff too, and song buff, I can remember most lyrics after the first time round of a song. I used to want to be an author but I've lost any drive to do anything cause I feel quite like a failure.

The reason I'm here is I'm hoping to get the support I need to get me through this tough time. My friend has bought me a bridesmaids dress, a Size 14...and I'm no longer that size..I tried it on...and it got stuck on my chest..so yeah, and I have now under a year to shed the pounds to fit into this thing...

So I'm hoping for advice...and hugs..

Be Gentle

Lots of Love

Gem x:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. oneday at a time

oneday at a time likes to post

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi and welcome to the forum, take your diet one day at a time, and drink plenty of water with no added sugar squash as this will help to fill you up. Take a photo of the bridesmaids dress and put it on the fridge, and this might give you more motivation to lose the weight, good luck on your weight loss journey.

4. Metal_Gear_Panda

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    My own mix
    Thanks for the advice, never thought of the photo :) I'll try that I think :)

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Would it help if you went to a slimming club?

Keep a food diary and see if you can cut down in any way

Irene xx

6. Metal_Gear_Panda

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    My own mix
    I have been keeping a food diary which seems to be helping me notice what I've been eating and didnt realise.

I cant really afford to go to a Slimming Club although I would like to

7. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome to the forum Gemma
    good luck on your weightloss plan

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.