Another neurotic question

lou49

Prior to joining up tomorrow evening I am studying the flavours. I get worried when I sometimes see that people find the flavours sickly to the point of throwing up!
Which are the least sweet and 'sickly' flavours for beginners? And yes, I did read through peoples' tips for making them more palatable! It's just that one event like that and it will really put me off for good!
Oh, I do like coffee but the cappuccino shake sounds a bit dodgy!
Thanks again for all your good advice.
Louise

I did CD at start of the year so knew from the start that I can only bear two shake flavours from LL - vanilla and choc. They are the only two in my mind that resemble the proper flavour closely and they are the least overpowering. I got my measurements down to a T and any other things I had through straws. Ice really helps and so does adding coffee. I like the soup flavours more on LL so will be trying them and the bars next week, but do stay clear of tomato!!!!

a lot of it is just personal preference really. For me its the consistency rather than the flavour which made me feel sick. So I just had to play around to fnd the right amount of water to put in.

I hope you enjoy plenty of the flavours

I always advise clients to try all the flavours, for the simple reason that everyone's taste is different, and what one person hates you might love!! :D

We all have different tastes, hey, it makes the world go round!
Personally I love the hot cappucino and see it as a treat for breakfast on the weekends as I have more time to have it rather than a cold shake.
Ensure you get a variety from your CDC, you'll have your faves and those that make you retch. In later weeks you'll order more of those you want. I order loads of oriental chilli soup after weeks of just having chicken.
Give in to your taste buds! After drinking all that water, you'll be glad of the strong flavours.

Hi Louise,

I have to agree with DQ and say, just try all the flavours once and see what you think. A flavour you may think you could not stomach in any other form may turn out to be your lifeline.

For me, most of the soups are really okay and as I have admitted (defended:D ) on another site.....Tomato is my favourite!! Much to my own surprise as well.

As winter is approaching you may find a soup that will see you through when you really need to warm up and feel satisfied.
I love coffee too and I would use either a vanilla shake or cappucino, mix it with a little cold water into a paste, then slowly top up with boiling water until you you get a good mug full, put a teaspoon of coffee granules in,(sweetener tablet if you prefer) give it a good stir and :D ....gorgeous creamy coffee.

Let us all know how you get on, try not to stress about the flavours and enjoy tommorow.....:D xxx

Adding coffee???

Hi Isis,

Just wondering if it is definately ok to add coffee to the shakes. I was one of the people who threw up after the Cappucino. I added the amount of water recommended. Maybe I need to add more water, water it down completely. But would any of this have an adverse affect on the sachets?

Thanks.:)

Well we are allowed as much coffee and tea as we can stomach and my counsellor loves her lattés made with vanilla shakes and coffee, so I would say it is fine. Check with your own counsellor if you are unsure.

Hi Isis,

Just wondering if it is definately ok to add coffee to the shakes. I was one of the people who threw up after the Cappucino. I added the amount of water recommended. Maybe I need to add more water, water it down completely. But would any of this have an adverse affect on the sachets?

Thanks.:)

No it should be fine as long as you're not adding milk or sugar! :p You can water down the shakes, but remember you have to consume them within 15 mins so don't make them up with TOO much water! ;)

Hi Beentheredonethat,

I think DQ has answered your question about watering down the shakes and just not to leave them standing longer than 15 mins.
I think for anyone who doesn't usually drink "shakes" as such or milky coffees etc, it may take some getting used to and watered down a bit may make all the difference.

I believe most of us have just experimented at the start until we find our own balance with it. I hope some of this helps as I do understand how strange it can feel to drink "thick" drinks and feel okay.:D

Lacey x

Thanks! This is a wonderful board, all these quick responses!
Anyway I feel like the 'dog's dinner' this morning (Winalot flavour shake anyone?) as have a virus or something and was awake half the night with a really bad headache and upset stomach. Couldn't face eating or drinking anything now other than some water.
I don't know what the system is about buying the packs from the CDC. What happens if you open one and then find it is really horrible? Do you only have enough for the week so that if you try another one, you are kind of 'left short'? I take the point about trying a variety, but am not really much of a shake or soup kind of person, though I see myself having a shake in morning and a soup for lunch, and the 'meal' (CD790) in the evening.

I have decided to have four days of low-carbing in preparation.
Louise

Hi,

Looking at your above post it looks like you are only planning to have 2 shakes a day. On 790 it is 3 plus your meal and it is essential to have all three.

If you do not like any flavours and you have more than one ask your CDC to exchange them for the flavours you like. It might be a good idea to take a few extra packs if you are not able to get back to your CDC within the same week.

I rarely have anyone who cannot take the diet and very few dislike much.

The four days prep is good especially as you have an upset stomach. As CD is milk based it would not necessarily be a good idea until your stomach has settled.

Linda

Thanks! This is a wonderful board, all these quick responses!
Anyway I feel like the 'dog's dinner' this morning (Winalot flavour shake anyone?) as have a virus or something and was awake half the night with a really bad headache and upset stomach. Couldn't face eating or drinking anything now other than some water.
I don't know what the system is about buying the packs from the CDC. What happens if you open one and then find it is really horrible? Do you only have enough for the week so that if you try another one, you are kind of 'left short'? I take the point about trying a variety, but am not really much of a shake or soup kind of person, though I see myself having a shake in morning and a soup for lunch, and the 'meal' (CD790) in the evening.

I have decided to have four days of low-carbing in preparation.
Louise

Louise,

I think it is a great idea to low-carb your way onto the diet as it does makes it much easier.

I would go with a variety...I started off loving the spicy tomato and I have gone off it now, but...now I love the veggie soup and the mushroom...that is it in the soups. I like all of the other sweet flavours. Like all the bars...:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

try them all once!

I tried all flavours but couldnt get on with fruits of forest, strawberry or orientle chilli. I find the choc and mint choc the 'truest' flavours. My CDC is really good and allowed me to swop flavours I didnt like for those I did so I wasnt stuck with them. Good luck:)

I remember the first time I met my CDC I tried some choc mint and though 'urgh, tastes funny, can I really do this?'. Thing is now I could do the entire thing on choc mint. I loved the chicken/mushroom soup to start with but got really sick of it so you do find your preferences vary. I do find many of the bars a bit too sweet but that's just me. I do however, love the toffee one.

Back