Another new member

Rakelnahe

Hi all,

Just gathered up the courage to say hello. I'm a new dieter - been overweight all my life but I only ever tried to combat it with bursts of exercise from time to time. I've now got to a point though where I absolutely have to do something and I really need the support! Got into serious overeating/binging trouble since before my wedding last year and I'm having a tough time getting out of this mess...

Hello :) You have come to the right place for support and encouragement!! Which diet are you planning on following? There's support for all of them!

Binging and overeating is a horrible but easy cycle to get into and at least your starting the new year in a positive frame of mind!

Hi Nemesis! I'm not planning to follow any particular diet, just try to eat healthily and pay attention to portion control - I guess there'll be calorie counting involved, I'm not looking forward to that part at all! I'm still figuring it all out, really. I'll be doing exercise too, later on. Right now I have a healing wound on my heel so that makes it tricky :( But I've come across the 'Couch to 5k' programme and I'm planning to do that as soon as walking isn't an issue.

Thanks for your kind words :)

The one key thing i would say is planning your meals for the week will help ensure you stay on track and mean you won't need to calorie count too much! Hope you foot heals quickly, x

Couch to 5k is apparently amazing! My friend used it and went from not doing much exercise to now going running all the time! Impressive

Last edited:
Yeah, I have big hopes for that :) A lot of people seem to like it.

Oh yes and I'll be dusting off my dance mat too. I can't last 5 minutes on that thing, I'm sure!

Back