Another new starter...

alongwaytogo

Silver Member
Hi

I am starting Xenical today and wanted to join in the forum. There have many inspirational posts and from these I have taken the plunge and got a prescription from my doctor.

I am really hoping that after many many years of dieting that this is finally it, the final life change. I can't bear being this overweight for one more day. I have been back to SW many times over the years and do really well for the first 5 weeks or so, then just lose the plot. I just can't do that any more.

Next stop myfitnesspal to get an idea of calorie intake!

Best of luck to the other newbies too
x

Welcome 'alongwaytogo' :welcome:

I started Xenical at the beginning of June and have lost 15lbs already. It does work if you stick to the rules, no more than 5gms of fat per 100gms annd drink plenty of water or low cal juice.
I too have a long way to go, but if you just take it at a stone at a time it's not as daunting. I started at 21st and would like to get to 12st and assess it from there.
Good luck with your journey and i look forward to hearing how your getting on.
ps the guys on here are fab, anything you need to know just ask.

Mandy

Welcome. I've lost 14 lb since the beginning of June . I've got at least 6 stone to go so I'm going to be around for a while

Welcome Xenial, I'm sure you'll find your way around here wuite easily, you might like to start a diary here, in the diary section, it's proven that people who write down their food in a diary do better...

anyway, less ramble from me.. good luck!!

Many thanks for the welcome ladies, you've alldone so well, congratulations!

I think I may do a diary, that should keep me focused.

Off to get drenched on the school run now...

welcome aboard #alongwaytogo# :talk017:

Just collected my prescription and all set to go!!!

The doctor did not mention it, but will I need to take a multivitamin? If so, does it matter which one?

Also, another question. Say if I were to have a teaspoon of low fat salad cream with my lunch and the label says 10 mgs per 100 gms, can I still have it, even though it is over the 10 mgs, because the portion size is so small?

Thanks ladies

Just collected my prescription and all set to go!!!

The doctor did not mention it, but will I need to take a multivitamin? If so, does it matter which one?

Also, another question. Say if I were to have a teaspoon of low fat salad cream with my lunch and the label says 10 mgs per 100 gms, can I still have it, even though it is over the 10 mgs, because the portion size is so small?

Thanks ladies

You should take a multivit hun, they're all pretty much the same the hun, I take all my vits before I go to bed at night, that way it doesn't mix with the Xenical..

Sadly no hun, you can't have that hun, even though the portion size is small, as the fat per 100g is over 5gs...

There is a salad cream that does fit with the rules hun...I'll try to remember which one it is...you can also have extra light mayo

Have a good week hun!

Good luck :) I lost 10 stone on Xenical, and Piink lost 17stone, so it can be done :D

Thank you bunny hops, I think I need to do a shop and get in all the very very low fat stuff (or fat free). Its amazing even though the Tesco light mayo is supposed to be low fat, there is still masses of fat in it, something like 27 gms, can only imagine what the full fat version is like, blimey!

Thank you for the welcome alibalibee, you have done absolutely brilliantly. You must feel fantastic at your achievement.

I do feel a bit weird today, excited, but worried that I am going to fail. I really can't afford to do that. I weigh 19 st 3 lbs. I first started dieting when I was about 12 and went to the docs who put me on a diet of 900 calories per day (at 12!!) and I weighed 9 stone. Totally ignored my Mum who was dead set against the idea. I look back at pictures of then and when I was 18 and on holiday (size 12 clothes). I was so sure I was enormous. What an idiot.

So, now is my time to do something. At the docs yesterday I said I found it difficult to find time to exercise as I work full time and have 4 children. The doc said if one of your children had to do something 3 times a week, you would get them there on time and make them do it wouldn't you. And that is so true, I would, so I am going to find the time to do exercise, at least 3 times a week, I really am. My husband is very supportive and the kids know I am trying to lose weight. I need to change my mindset and make it something that is important and not let other things get in the way.

Sorry for the long essay, got carried away there..

Again, thank you all for the lovely welcome and the advice.
x

Thank you bunny hops, I think I need to do a shop and get in all the very very low fat stuff (or fat free). Its amazing even though the Tesco light mayo is supposed to be low fat, there is still masses of fat in it, something like 27 gms, can only imagine what the full fat version is like, blimey!

Thank you for the welcome alibalibee, you have done absolutely brilliantly. You must feel fantastic at your achievement.

I do feel a bit weird today, excited, but worried that I am going to fail. I really can't afford to do that. I weigh 19 st 3 lbs. I first started dieting when I was about 12 and went to the docs who put me on a diet of 900 calories per day (at 12!!) and I weighed 9 stone. Totally ignored my Mum who was dead set against the idea. I look back at pictures of then and when I was 18 and on holiday (size 12 clothes). I was so sure I was enormous. What an idiot.

So, now is my time to do something. At the docs yesterday I said I found it difficult to find time to exercise as I work full time and have 4 children. The doc said if one of your children had to do something 3 times a week, you would get them there on time and make them do it wouldn't you. And that is so true, I would, so I am going to find the time to do exercise, at least 3 times a week, I really am. My husband is very supportive and the kids know I am trying to lose weight. I need to change my mindset and make it something that is important and not let other things get in the way.

Sorry for the long essay, got carried away there..

Again, thank you all for the lovely welcome and the advice.
x

Stop thinking you're going to fail, you need to stay positive and think positive. Thinking you can't do things, you will subconsciously believe that...when you CAN do this and you WON'T fail...believe that and believe in yourself!

You're doing this for you, and your motivation, your children, my two kids are mine. It is hard to exericse when you're so busy, 30 mins a day is what is recommended by the professionals, it is hard to start with, but the more you do the easier it becomes..

You could start off by doing something for 20mins a day, at home instead of sitting watching the tele, do something active in front of it (I watch tv on the exercise bike)

Get out with the kids, kick a ball, go for a walk...it all helps hun! :D

Set yourself small, achievable goals hun. Your less likely to set yourself up for failure that way. When you meet a goal ( like say your first 7 lbs), you feel fab and motivated to set yourself another goal :)
xx

Thank you both. Yes small achievable goals is the way to go otherwise I will just get overwhelmed.

Just did 30 minutes jogging on the Wii fit, so pleased about that.

I have 10 weeks until a weekend away for our wedding anniversay and would like to have lost 2 stone by then. I think that and 3 lots of exercise per week will be my immediate goals.

Thanks again for the support, it really helps.

hey im new to this site too , i started xen today also , started with a slim fast shake ( superdrug brand ) this morning and it tasted awful , i was not happy about how nasty is tasted , for lunch i had wholemeal pitta bread stuffed with salad instead of that shake, then for dinner im having a weigh watchers meal.
im feeling ok but tummy is gurgling abit i think i may be due a toilet movement soon lol

Hi Carly

Sounds like a good plan for today. Will that be enough calories for you?

Hope you didn't get tangoed!
x

hey im new to this site too , i started xen today also , started with a slim fast shake ( superdrug brand ) this morning and it tasted awful , i was not happy about how nasty is tasted , for lunch i had wholemeal pitta bread stuffed with salad instead of that shake, then for dinner im having a weigh watchers meal.
im feeling ok but tummy is gurgling abit i think i may be due a toilet movement soon lol

I like Asda's measure up shakes, the chocolate and the strawberry, they taste quite nice :)

I have herbalife shakes for breakfast. Then I don't have to think about food til later

I've not tried those, are they nice? I like the slim fast ones too, but they're a little expensive. I noticed they had some shakes in the pharmacy too.

Asda do The Biggest Loser shakes, bars etc..I might try them :)

Herbalife isn't cheap but it's perfectly balanced. They also do some delicious chocolate bars too.

I'll have a look out for those :)

Back