Another newbie diet diary

[FONT=&quot]Another pound off this week for both of us:D
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Although our weight loss is slow considering the huge amount we have to lose, hubby and I seem to be losing inches quickly. Waistbands which cut off the oxygen to my brain are now, not exactly loose but certainly more comfortable and I can sit down without my eyes swopping places.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are very happy with this slow but off-for-good progress. We have both in the past tried the ‘quick fix’ diets and yes, we lost the weight rapidly but when we started eating normally again, piled it all back and more just as rapidly. Not only that but some of these meal replacement programs are blinking expensive and the sales people don’t tell you the half. On one miracle diet I came out all over in a rash and almost fainted every time I sat up quickly… the sales lady aka 'counsellor' said it was normal… Not for me love it wasn’t. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Those diets are fine for thousands of people but aren’t realistically sustainable for hubby and me. We are eating healthily and feel satisfied and cutting down the fat content has helped digestion remarkably and we’re sleeping better. Slow the weight loss may be, but it’s off for good.[/FONT]

Great news Tasi, very well done to both of you :)

Slow and steady is the way to go..it stays off then! I too have tried every 'diet' under the sun over many years, meal replacements made me sick, though they appear to work well for others, then the "lose a stone in a day!!!!! :rolleyes: hee hee kinda plans didn't work for me???? lol, i always seemed to gain more back on than i actually lost....so here i am doing my own thing, cutting out the fat, moving a bit more!..and its coming off, this time forever :)

Have a great weekend, keep doing what you are doing, its working! :)

Good Morning, brilliant to read that you've lost 8lbs already and have started exercising :) Hope you have a good day x

Still 'dancing' still got the curtains shut tight! Still alive even though we both thought we would drop dead.

I had to take my neighbour's parrot to the vet yesterday. A great brute of a thing (the parrot not the vet) and even with gardening gloves on, the son of a bachelor managed to get me. Today I have to go to get my flu injection. I should have gone with my husband 2 weeks ago but I was down with a cold.

Oooooh No!! Birds scare me a lot!! I dont think i could have handled a parrot even if i was wearing a suit of armor!!

I hope your flu jab isnt too rubbish and well done on the zumbaing! Not 100% sure my floor (or neighbors) would stand all the stamping around hehe (also the curtains arent totally opaque!!)

Have a good day!

Kate x

Hubby has left us girls!!! He's joined a forum with his mates, they are growing moustaches and losing weight for charity, so it's just me on here now.

Everytime I have my flu injection I am ill. The nurse side of me( old fashioned out of date and over the hill) knows it is just coincidence because they use a dead virus but the 'human' side of me isn't so sure.

I had my injection a few days ago and whatdoyouknow yesterday I couldn't get going at all. I was stiff and sore all over and didn't want to do much at all. The nurse side of me said' It would have happened anyway' the human side says 'tell that to the marines!'

Hope you recover from your flu injection, i think a few people have that reaction, but you'll know more about that than me? :)
I should have realised you were a nurse, you've a caring nature!

Wishing hubby well on his new forum with like minded males :)

Take it easy today and have a lovely weekend :)

Hiya, You're all doing so well!! I am a newbie so wondered if anyone would be willing to say what they would eat in a typical day, im struggling to think of food ideas? thanks!

Hi Sam and welcome. I have tried every diet under the sun... cabbage soup was the worst... can't look a cabbage in the face to this day. I always lost the weight and also piled it back on, regular as exlax! So I am now on a healthy eating plan under the guidance of my doctor, hubby is also on this. NO FOOD IS BAD FOOD is our mantra so long as you don't pig out. It isn't what you eat, it is how you cook it. We are low fat, 3 meals a day, plenty of veg, at least a litre of water a day, and walk as much as we can.
We are losing weight, not dramatically but it is off for good when its lost, we are sleeping better, have made new friends from walking, not jumping in the car and my gallstones are quiet! Good luck on your journey.

ROSE It's a lightish rose colour. I have to be careful because I am a redhead... or was when young and have pale skin

Sounds lovely, the type of colour I would go for. I too am a dark redhead, pale skin, green eyes...a celtic look some would say :)..but colour now chocolate brown with the help of a bottle ;)

have a good day, thankyou for your touching message on my thread x

LOL :)

have a good day Tasi! I aways wanted to have brown eyes, everyone around me seemed to be blue eyed or brown, hubby was the first green eyed 'romantic interest' i'd had! hee hee..our wee cherub is green eyed too :)
what's your plans for today?

I have a feeling that I am going to need a lot of comforting tomorrow morning, and again when I weigh at the weekend. This evening we are going to a 'sitdown' meal and it is a posh do. Close neighbours are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary and their children have invited us to the celebration. If it was a buffet, we could pick what we wanted, but it isn't... what the hey! 60 years is a triumph we aren't going to sit there picking at the veggies. On December 6th we will have clocked up 36 years (I thought it was 37 and haven't lived it down yet I can tell you) Anyway we married in 1975 so work it out for yourselves! We will have a little cosy dinner at home that night.
So cancel all leave tomorrow Yasi will be needing you

Back