Another newbie! Hello All :)

Hello All! Just wanted to introduce myself. Came across this fantastic site today and signed myself up as soon as I saw what a lovely supportive group you seem to be :)

Ummm a bit about me... I'm 35, a Yank living in the UK (Kent) for the last 7 years. I live with my (British) boyfriend and we have no children. When I moved to the UK back in 2001, I realised just how fat I had become in comparison to so many skinnies in this country and realised I had to do something. I went on WW and lost 3 stone and while I wasn't by any means waif-like, I was pretty okay with how I looked. I maintained that loss for about 5 years but somehow lost my way and have gained almost all of it back in the last year and a half! :break_diet: I'm gutted and feeling rather down about it.

About a week and a half ago, I decided enough was enough and I'm back on track again, this time calorie-counting (using Food Focus) and lots of walking. I feel really positive, really motivated and know I can repeat my previous performance :) I'm already down 5 lbs (which I realise is probably water weight but hey I'll take it!)

Hopefully I can add to your already lovely gang of 'losers' :p and get some support as well as give. Really looking forward to getting to know all of you!

xxx

Welcome on board hun, you will find loads of support and advice on Minis! Well done on your 5lb loss which I am sure will be followed by many more.

Gxx

Hi Porgeous, you really should be changing that 'P' to a 'G' - wow, don't you look fantastic! So inspirational :) Thank you for your kind words!

Hi IreneH, Food Focus is a free online calorie counter (Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss). Just a tool I'm using to track my food, exercise and progress. Hopefully it'll also keep me on track :) Thanks for your reply xxx

Hello Redilocks. Welcome to the forum, you're right that it is a supportive community. Good luck with your diet journey:)

Hi there! I just joined too. It's such and active and happy site! Well done to you for you sound like you are going great guns.
Thanks for mentioning the Food focus site - I just checked it out and signed up. ;) I think the visuals are very motivating. Although they sure make you work hard to lose a pound through exercise, which is my main weapon of attck at the moment - puts it into perspective. :eek: lol. Still, its all good..... I fee like you, it's time to shift it! Look forward to hearing of your continued success. :)

Back