Another newbie! Hello All :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Redlilocks, 29 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Redlilocks

Redlilocks Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hello All! Just wanted to introduce myself. Came across this fantastic site today and signed myself up as soon as I saw what a lovely supportive group you seem to be :)

Ummm a bit about me... I'm 35, a Yank living in the UK (Kent) for the last 7 years. I live with my (British) boyfriend and we have no children. When I moved to the UK back in 2001, I realised just how fat I had become in comparison to so many skinnies in this country and realised I had to do something. I went on WW and lost 3 stone and while I wasn't by any means waif-like, I was pretty okay with how I looked. I maintained that loss for about 5 years but somehow lost my way and have gained almost all of it back in the last year and a half! :break_diet: I'm gutted and feeling rather down about it.

About a week and a half ago, I decided enough was enough and I'm back on track again, this time calorie-counting (using Food Focus) and lots of walking. I feel really positive, really motivated and know I can repeat my previous performance :) I'm already down 5 lbs (which I realise is probably water weight but hey I'll take it!)

Hopefully I can add to your already lovely gang of 'losers' :p and get some support as well as give. Really looking forward to getting to know all of you!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Welcome on board hun, you will find loads of support and advice on Minis! Well done on your 5lb loss which I am sure will be followed by many more.

Gxx

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome.

Never heard of Food Focus. Can you tell us about it?

Irene xx

5. Redlilocks

Redlilocks Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi Porgeous, you really should be changing that 'P' to a 'G' - wow, don't you look fantastic! So inspirational :) Thank you for your kind words!

Hi IreneH, Food Focus is a free online calorie counter (Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss). Just a tool I'm using to track my food, exercise and progress. Hopefully it'll also keep me on track :) Thanks for your reply xxx

6. Samantha_Carolyn

Samantha_Carolyn I know I can do it...

Diet:
    Doing my own thing
    Hello Redilocks. Welcome to the forum, you're right that it is a supportive community. Good luck with your diet journey:)

7. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Hi and welcome

K x

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

welcome to mini's. congrats on your 5lbs so far excellent :)

9. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and welcome xx

10. Mikki

Mikki Member

Hi there! I just joined too. It's such and active and happy site! Well done to you for you sound like you are going great guns.
    Thanks for mentioning the Food focus site - I just checked it out and signed up. ;) I think the visuals are very motivating. Although they sure make you work hard to lose a pound through exercise, which is my main weapon of attck at the moment - puts it into perspective. :eek: lol. Still, its all good..... I fee like you, it's time to shift it! Look forward to hearing of your continued success. :)

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.