Another newbie here

Kezweazel

Hello folks :)

I'm 45 and overweight !

I lost 4 stone on Slimming World about 6 years ago and spent the next years celebrating and put it all (and a bit more) back on. Recently I've been having probs with my periods and joint pains and high blood pressure and I feel sooooooo old and unhealthy.

I rejoined SW last week with my friend and am determined to lose again. I felt so good when I lost it before, why did I let it all go back on ?

I have a wonderful Hubby who loves me whatever, but we are a "social" couple and like a drink. He works long hours and I can't begrudge him a pint, but drinking pints of lager (sorry, not very ladylike) has taken it's toll. I drink too much anyway so have been cutting down and if I have a drinkypoos I will have a short and diet mixer.

I hope (know) I can get support and inspiration from here if I need it and I would like to encourage others too. Looking forward to getting in my figure hugging jeans and little tops in the summer instead of tops down to my mid thigh to hide my belly and bum !!

It's going to be a long journey I think, but good luck to all and especially the other newbies who've joined today :)

Good luck with s/w i have just restarted back on the slimming world plan, the summer months are keeping me motivated like you say,the thought of all those nice clothes !!

Back