Another newbie

Bubblemum

Silver Member
Hi All, my name is Cathy and I am 40 yrs old, I tried Atkins and though I found it good, I just cant make myself eat fat like the diet says. So went back to various other low fat diets/cal counting. Then I was told about Dukan, and after reading about it , I have ordered the books today. I started yesterday.
How do I know how many attack days to have? I was told 3 but I see some have less/more.
Also for now I just cant get oat bran, I live in a small village and on Saturday I looked for it in all the food shops but it wasnt to be found. I might be able to get it in a couple of weeks when I get to go into town. So is there anything else I could maybe substitute for a while?
How many carbs is in a serving of oat bran? would the same amount of weetabix crushed up be the same?
Sorry for all the questions.I have been a SAHM for 15 years on and off mainly the last 8 years though and I will begoing to look for a job once I have lost weight , my youngest goes to school in 3 weeks. I didnt want to be fat and 40 but I was :cry:, I WILL NOT be fat and 41, have 3 months to loose a stone or maybe 2.
Thanks for reading xxx

Welcome and good luck.

Weetabix is not a substitute for oatbran, you can buy it online( like Julian Graves Ltd Oat Bran 500g - Oats - Cereals - Foods - Default Store View ). Its a required part of the diet really. Do you do all your grocery shopping locally? Will you also struggle to find the low/no fat dairy?

If you go to the dukan site The Dukan Diet Official site | No.1 Diet in France | No calorie counting: personalized slimming coaching, lose weight easily and enter the details to find your true weight it will also tell you how many days of attack are suggested.

You might want to delay starting until you are prepared.

Hi Cathy. Can you get your shopping delivered with the oatbran???
Stick to the plan and you will NOT be fat and 41!!!!

good luck babes and we are all here to help :D

Hi thank you for replying. I looked at the Julian Graves, unfortunately they dont deliver to me. Its just the oatbran I cant find, I do 2 days of attack according to the site you linked so thanks for that. Phew today is day 2. So nearly able to eat a bit of veg I think. Its easy for me to get low/no fat foods, we have a Tesco in the village, its a bit rubbish but it has lots of yogurts , I usually go for total 0% and add to it. I make a mayonnaise type thing with mustard, 0% yog, and a few other spices, and if I fancy something sweet I add a bit of sweetner to it.
Will have a look elsewhere online see if I cant get oat bran somehow.

Tesco sell oatbran? ebay has it too x
wherebaouts in the country are you?

I live in the Highlands and my Tesco dont deliver, and they dont have oatbran, its not a very good shop, they only sell what they think we want, even if you ask it can be months before you see what youve asked for. They only have about 3 different kinds of ground coffee too. Anyway, Oh ebay never thought of looking there, will have a look now thanks for that. Maybe I will just be practicing Dukan untill it arrives, are there any other essential things I need?

fromage frias (fat free) natural yog, splenda or other sweetener, lots of meat and fish.

Thanks. just ordered some, so now waiting for that and my books, it says the recipe book will be coming soon, :-( I sort of wanted that first, not to worry.

the recipe book doesnt come out till september babe x

and the French recipe book is LITTERED with errors, so I'd recommend caution until well and truly familiar with the diet.

When you say, you buy the 0% ones and add to them... what might you add with this diet?

If you google "oatbran, order online" there are many other companies who'd mail it to you by the post office... or perhaps you could have J. Graves deliver to a friend?

If we're pushing it it's not only because it's part of the diet but also it enables you to make FABULOUS things with it for breakfast! Cakes etc... muffins... OK the quantity is restricted, but it's lovely!

Good luck and please join in the other threads!

Hi Joanne, Yes after looking at the recipes I do need oatbran. Its coming from ebay. All my friends live here lol, I dont know anyone well enough to ask them to get it and send it to me. I live 40 miles from the Tesco that will sell it and I dont drive, so have to wait till we go and get school uniforms before I can stock up, or perhaps a friend will be going through and could pick me some up sometime.
I love the sound of the muffins, cant wait to make them.
As for the 0% yogurt, I sometimes add a bit of sweetner , or make a sauce/mayo type thing with mustard, garlic curry powder, chili powder/ dried herbs, just whatever spices I have.

How much oat bran will I need a day (if my bran comes before my book)?

You need 1 1/2 tbsps per day on attack and 2 per day on cruise :D

Brilliant thanks x

Hi Cathy:D. Best of luck and hope your bran comes soon!

Over here, our local organic shop has had problems getting hold of it recently (can't buy it in many supermarkets here)... and so we buy it 10 packs at a time! haaaa!

Back