Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by -Tally-, 1 January 2011 Social URL.

1. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I've decided that 2011 is going to be my year for big changes but I could definitely do with some support from people who understand how hard it is.

I'm a comfort eater and have put on a huge amount of weight during an unhappy relationship that I've had as much success quitting as I have the food.

One thing at a time though, so this year it's all about me!

This coming Monday is my starting date and I follow the Slimming World plan online/with books at home. I went to meetings last year but found my motivation waning when the weather got colder, plus I'm not too confident at the moment about walking into a room full of strangers, so instead of using that as an excuse to carry on eating, I'm going to try the online method of support and this looks to be a great forum and very active.

I'll stop rambling now!

Healthy2010 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Missus_L

Missus_L Member

Welcome! I am new too and from what I have seen so far, there will be a lot of encouragement on here!! Good luck! x

4. Divster

Divster Banned

Welcome to minimins, you are going to be so pleased you found this place! Xx

5. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Thanks for the welcome, there's a lot to take in isn't there. Am just having a nosey around at the moment and trying to familiarize myself with all the sections.

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
  7. Kenco

Kenco Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hello and welcome.Good luck on your journey.x

8. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Thanks for the welcome :)

9. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya and welcome to Minis, good luck on your weight loss journey xx

10. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Thank you! Your before and after pics are fab, you must be chuffed! Well done x

alibalibee likes this.
  11. soon2bslimmer77

soon2bslimmer77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    hello i am new too and doing sw so far so good it is my first WI on wed it took me a couple of days to get to grips with it as i have done WW in the past x

12. Surraya

Surraya Member

Hi, I am new too. I've decided I need to make a change so I'm starting slimming world on Tuesday. The reviews so this is an excellent support forum, so I am hoping it will help me stick to the plan and shed those pounds. I have also decided to do the race for life this year too. xx

13. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Good luck with the race! The forum seems great, I'm settling in nicely :D

14. Healthy2010

Healthy2010 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st2lb(46.2%)
    Diet:
    low calorie
    Hi hun,

Thanks got your message in my diary, all the best with your journey, youve come to the right place for support and understanding. Some of the best advice I've been given has come from some amazing people on here, somehow the difficult days/weeks are easier knowing that there is someone here who understands. I hope you find it the same here and enjoy the journey of weightloss and how life changing it can be.

It helped me to start a daily diary over in the members section, feel free to pop in any time and I look forward to sharing your journey too.

All the best xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.