another one thats totally fed up!

mella

I've been doing the plan at home now for 7 weeks. I've never lasted this long before and for some reason I felt really motivated this time :D

For the first 4 weeks I lost 1.5-2 each week, no massive losses but I'm not bothered about that.

But for the past 3 weeks - nothing:mad: I've been really good and not cheated except when we went out for a pub lunch last Sunday and even then I wasn't that bad. I've not even had an alcohol for the past 3 weeks either.

I'm not doing anything different from the first 4 weeks so I don't get it :confused: I even started doing some exercise this week and did an hours dvd (really hard!) and ran a mile on the treadmill yesterday. I weigh tomorrow but had a sneaky look today and nothing again.:mad:

So now I feel so unmotivated I could happily scoff a pizza now and think whats the point? Ideally I need to loose another 2 stone yet to get to a comfy size 12, and I can't even get past the 8lb loss I did in those 4 weeks.

I do EE and will normally have 8 -12 syns a day

God I could just cry:cry:

any insparation gladly accepted, I really don't want to be chunky anymore :cry:

Mel

Last edited:
I know it can be demotivating, staying the same week after week. I've been on the plan about 26 weeks now, and the last month has been like treading water, up and down and not much movement in weight.

What I try to keep in mind is that I'm trying to change my eating habits for the good of my health, and that losing weight is a side-effect of eating properly.

I am trying to do this for life - I don't intend to eat like I used to ever again. It took a while to get out of the mindset that 'once I get to target, I'm going to have fish and chips and a McDonalds', because that's the way back to where I was before.
Now, I don't even want those things. Not whiter than white, by the way. I still slip and have naughty foods and eat out, but I'm naturally limiting the bad choices now.

Please keep at it, and the biggest tip I can offer if you don't know what is going wrong is to keep a food diary for a week. Write EVERYTHING you eat or drink down, even a nibble of a biscuit, a handful of nuts, an after dinner mint at a restaurant, the extra milk in your latte - EVERYTHING. Only then will you be able to truly see what might be limiting your weight-loss.

Good luck :)

I'd second that ScanBran - maybe post a food diary on here because the advice and inspiration is amazing. It might be that just a few tweaks can kickstart it for you? I agree it's so frustrating when the weight doesn't seem to be coming off but there are times when the numbers will stall but you may still be losing inches??? I pretty much lost the same few pounds for 2 months but then had a 3lb loss and 3.5lb loss and all I did differently was eat more fish and more superfree.
Loads of luck hon, and try not to be disheartened because you can do it x

Hey Hun. Sorry to read that you have stayed the same for 3 weeks.
Could it be that your body is happy at this weight and doesnt want to shed anymore?? You might want to loose the weight, but sometimes it doesnt work like that.
One thing you said was that you went to a pub lunch, but you "werent that bad"...but you werent that good either. Now although this shouldnt make that much difference to some people, it may to you. It would with me too...I only have to look at something I shouldnt and I gain weight :(
You dont want pizza! Just think how much worse things would be for you if you did!

xxx

Im having a similar experience at the mo hun - up one week down the next and it can really deflate you.
Excellent advice from people already and all i can add is that deep down we all know this works and that if we do stick at it then eventually we WILL get there!!!

thanks, I could try the food diary again, but last time I did one, no one ever responed to it lol.

Although most of my meals are well within the syn allowance I think they should have more superfree foods in there.

I've never been a snacker, even before SW, I hardly had choc or crisps, dont do cake etc. Just overindulged in oven chips and processed food and alcohol.

I think this is probably the weight my body likes to be now. I tried a 14 dress on yesterday and couldn't get it anyway near zipped, so this is not the weight that I want to be.

This is what I have planned for today

breakfast was 2 wholemeal toast HEB, low fat spread (2) and scrambled egg (.5 for milk) and coffee (2 for sugar and .5 for milk) total 5 syn

lunch is 2 low fat sausage (2) and tomato and bean casserole

tea is lasagne (2.5 recipe on here)+ HEA and SW chips

total 9.5 syns for day

and lol I do still want that pizza but I wont have it, thats my treat if I ever get down at 11 stone

It all looks fine apart from the superfree!!!!!
You need 1/3 superfree if your doing EE hun - even having lots of fruit throughout the day will help and drink lots of water too x

Sending hugs Mella!
Increasing superfree is def a good idea if you can - we did a superfree challenge in class (10 per day, 1/2 veg) and OH lost 4.5 and me 3.5 which gave us a boost after a stall.
Your diary looks good - what are your portions like? Are you eating enough? I find if I limit my syns too much (even though I still do sometimes coz I'm scared) I actually don't lose as well as when I make sure I have them. I also have supper in the evening (usually fruit and yoghurt, or cereal if I have a B left). Maybe you could have some fruit mid morning / afternoon, or for pudding after tea?
Glad you're sticking to it hon x

my portions are big, I like to eat til I want to pop. If I get hungry between meals then I'll have fruit. I thinking about it, I have not eaten much fruit lately either. Another big problem is that I don't like salad, so have to have meals with veggies. I'm going to make an extra big effort with the superfree this week, and see what happens. If that fails maybe I'll have to try the fishy week........

I can't see me getting anywhere near my target weight of 9 1/2 stone if I'm struggling this much to even get to 11 (big sigh)

Have you thought about mixing things up a bit I was on EE and stalled a bit went on to red days and my losses speeded up .... sometimes I think your body just gets used to eating the same stuff all the time and doesnt work so hard.
Another thing that works for me is having a flexi day it kinda kick starts my metabolism again and tricks my body into thinking I am eating more so it starts working harder again then the next day I am straight back on plan. You wouldnt do this every week just once in a while to kick start things dont do it too close to weigh in tho so at the begining of your sw week.

It's hard to see the final target, but when I was 19 1/2 stone there was NO WAY I would have believed that I would be nearly 12 today, and on my way to 10 1/2 (and maybe beyond, who knows!)
Sometimes setting smaller targets, e.g. each 1/2 stone like at class is easier on the head, because looking at the long term picture can seem daunting and impossible. All of a sudden though, those 1/2 pounds creep up, and you're stones lighter!
Some great advice on here - mix it up a bit and keep the faith. I'm sure you can do it x

Right, if my extra SS week doesn't get me anywhere, a flexi syn day it will be!

I try not to look too far ahead, my aim for now is to get back into the 10 stones, which is another half stone.

I'm not giving up now, I've worked too hard for the past 7 weeks to throw the towel in, and I'm far too stubborn :D

Going to have to read my book, as can't get my head round red and green yet.:rolleyes:

Mel

Great stuff! If you need any help, please ask because I started on Red / Green and find them good for the extra B's :) I also think (personally) that Red can give a better weight loss, but that's a very individual thing.
Loads of luck x

Back