Another piece of the puzzle

EEeekkkk! Still being 100% and I look like I have put on weight :( My belly looks so big that I look pregnant! Obviously I'm not lol!

A 350ml skimmed milk
A 6 laughing cow extra light
B hifi bar
mushrooms, egg, tinned spaghetti.

carrot sticks, mandarin, apple.

S/W chips
pasta, mushrooms, onion, garlic, tomatoes, fat free fromage frais.

funsize pack of lovehearts 2 1/2

I can't see where I'm going wrong.

Last edited:
Still here, feeling very down, almost in tears. :( Feel like I have actually put on weight despite another 100% week. If I have put on at weigh in tomorrow think I may stop the plan and have a look at something else. Scared of getting obsessed. I don't want to have to worry every time I eat something that it may make me gain.

1 1/2 lb off! So pleased and I managed to walk to club on my own for the first time! Had a chat with my consultant and she told me that I must stop being so hard on myself. Definitely not going to give in now.

A 350ml skimmed milk
B hifi bar
B hifi bar
2 large mushrooms, 1 fried egg, tinned spaghetti

apple, tangerine, 2 large carrots.
Sweet and sour pot shot

Sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, tinned spaghetti.

coffee made with 1% milk, 2 syns?
half stick of chewing gum, 1/2 syn?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm doing an SAS log to see if I can work out if and what I'm doing wrong. So far I have realised I'm not having enough syns because I tend to feel worry that I'll gain if I use them. I've noticed that none of my meals are planned and by the time meal time comes around I am starving and haven't even decided on what I'm having. So I have got my magazines out and done an online shop so going to do some meal planning and cooking :)

A 350 ml skimmed milk (used in coffees)
B 35g porridge oats (muller mixed in)
B hifi
mandarin
tangerine

sweet and sour noodle pot shot

2 small potatoes with tinned spaghetti

2 small sweet potatoes with tinned spaghetti

3 pink and whites 7 1/2 syns
2 jumbo choc chip snack a jacks 6 syns

I know my food's been a bit boring and repetitive the past two days. Ran out of food as still waiting for online shop :)

Last edited:
Shopping arrived! Forgot to order baked beans tho :(. Still can't get my syns in! Got a headache tonight and feeling a bit sicky tho so don't really fancy eating.
I live on the top floor which is four flights of stairs. Carrying my shopping up nearly killed me but at least it's body magic :)

Hi hun found you lol dont give up. Keep at it. Now that you have your shopping in maybe you could batch cook some meals so that when you get in from Uni you have a meal ready. How many are you cooking for? If/when you batch cook, you could make extra and then you would have lunches at the ready too. This saves picking at rubbish and bad choices.

Try having a filling breakfast and vary them ( says she who has fruit n fibre and a banana mon - friday) lol. I hope your feeling better tomorrow.

I always do EE but I know this doesnt suit everyone, but it works for me. Try mixing yours up a little to see if that helps. Definitely have your syns and your A & B choices, you need them for calcium and fibre. Ill pop by again and see how your doing. Dont be scared to ask questions there is lots of support here hun x

Hi Henny - just popped by to say hi and keep up the good work, you are doing really well :)

I'm starting this week after two years on and off low carb, and have read loads of threads here about people saying they lost quicker when they used all their syns.

So go for it! :)

Susie

Hi Susie :wavey:I have a black and white Kitty cat! And Texty:wavey:
I live by myself. I'm going to do some batch cooking tomorrow, not sure where it's going to go as freezer's nearly full lol! Got some half syn sausages that I can't wait to try tomorrow and I'm going to have a chicken breast topped like a pizza for tea. I seem to have been living on potatoes so I'm going to have a bit more meat this week. I need to come up with some more breakfast ideas. I normally have porridge with yogurt and berries but that gets boring. I'm not sure how other cereals would taste with yogurt on as I don't like to use my milk allowance on it. I could have a sausage sarnie with some bbq sauce, that would be nice! I'm going to make hunter's chicken at some stage this week with bbq sauce, chicken, bacon and cheese (drool). I go to a group to help my anxiety in the morning and every week someone brings cake and I sit there eating fruit! I used to need someone to walk there with me but now I can do it on my own so I must be getting somewhere.
Yesterday I bought a casserole dish and a shake weight thing.

Well done you on venturing out on your own, I can only imagine how hard that must have been the first time, but I hope it gets easier each time. Your confidence will grow gradually, just take one day at a time.

I love the pizza/chicken, Ive also used squarish wraps they make good pizzas, the warburtons white ones are less syns than the brown for some reason but they are very filling. You could also have onions and mushrooms with your sausage yummy and superfree. I buy beef tomatoes, score out the middle and drop a raw egg in with some worcestershire sauce then bake in the oven for about 20mins until the egg is "baked", it goes really well with sausage and beans for a hearty brekkie.

Planning is the key, take it from someone who planned for the first few weeks and then had a really off week last week and gained 6 blooming pounds. Miffed is an understatement.
But I won't give up and have planned again this week.
Good Luck for the week x

IMG0042A.jpg My chicken pizza.
Was really nice but didn't like the dry veg I had with it. Made a cottage pie and some pasties.

Blahhh, food has been horrible today. Couldn't eat the chicken as for some reason I don't like it dry,my garlic mushrooms went wrong so only had a bit of chicken and veggies so was still hungry. Had one of my pasties but had put the wrong spices in so that was awful. Going to have some fruit now, can't go wrong with that!

Sorry you didnt enjoy your food today hun. Sometimes its trial and error. Did you put some tomato puree on as a base or some pasata? I make SW chips with mine and have beans or peas.

Hiya, yes I used tomato puree, sweetcorn and cheese but had to just eat the topping. The cat had most of the chicken! I can eat chicken in sauce but not dry for some reason.

A 350ML skimmed milk
B 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf
fried egg, mushrooms. bbq sauce (1syn)

2 coffees with semi skimmed milk (guessing 3 syns)
2 tangerines

tomato and onion pasta and sauce.

chicken topped with tom puree, sweetcorn and 25g light cheddar (4 syns)
broccoli, carrots, peas, cauliflower. (couldn't eat much)

smash pasty with mince, onion and stock.

2 tangarines 1 apple

hifi light (3)

I find it so annoying when I have coffee at group as I can't measure it so can't be sure of the syns, did take my own sweeteners though. The other night I went round my neighbours with my measured milk in a jug lol, so my intentions were good but my neighbour forgot to use it and put their own in.

£1 shop has the 3 in 1 nescafe coffees if you wanted an odd one to keep in your handbag they are 4 syns hun. I know its a lot for 1 cup but at least you could keep check, I think they also do the 2 in 1 which would be less syns. I dont drink coffee so cant help much sorry. Failing that Marvel dried milk 1 teaspoon is 1 syn. You could measure your coffee and powdered milk into a little packet and then when u get to group just add water and sweetener lol

Thanks hun that's good advice. I like the idea of powdered milk. Hehe I could always carry around the mini jug that came with my iron :8855:
Having to do a self affirmation thingy where I choose 2 sentences and write them out 15 times twice a day. Apparently if I do it enough then I will start to believe them. Hope nobody finds them as it looks like the writing jack Nicholson did in The Shining! :psiholog:

You can get tiny little plastic containers in the £1 shop too, you could put your mix in there then just tip it into a cup.

Lol I love that film they both play fab parts, then again I just love gory/gruesome/horror movies

Had awful nightmare last night and just rang mum to make sure she was ok and burst into tears, darn you hormones! Can't wait until the depo provera is out of my system and I get * week back again.
Feel crap at the minute, think I'm getting a cold :sick:. Been up town with sis and bought a few ingredients to do a few more recipes with.
Appetite very poor at tho mo, not managed any luch but hoping I will enjoy the sausage, baked bean and bacon casserole I'm going to make.
Found out there's a badminton group running on Tuesdays so will be going next week.

Back