Another sw newbie

Aabbee

Hi everybody!
My names is Ana, and I'm about to join SW next week.
I recently changed jobs, moved houses, and got several surgeries to remove an evil sarcoma from my body, so now is time for me to take care of myself.

I bet this has been posted here before but my motto is to reach a healthy weight to start a family soon (1 or 2years)

Not gonna lie...my weight never stopped me from doing anything, never stopped me from having a rich social life and never stopped me from finding the love of my life, but now, thinking about my future, don't want to be selfish and put myself or my still-unplanned baby at risk.

I've been reading loads about sw,and will attend my first group on the 30th (as I'm currently on holidays visiting family abroad after a few months of hectic events)

I work shifts, so I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be able to stick to the group "therapy" or I'll have to do it online...but what I wanted to do is to find a support alternative,as I know that works for me (I'll still attend the group to get the basics, buy the books and get a first glimpse of the plan)

Years ago, I lost 8st with exercise and healthy lifestyle, but I was 8 years younger, and had all the free time of the world. Now...life happens in between my free time, and although I know I'm capable of losing weight and sticking to a plan..my motivation is lower.

Hope to find some spare motivation here when I'm low, and hope to meet loads of beautiful people.

Welcome to the forum .:)
Pick up next weeks best magazine it has a Slimming World voucher in it which will save you some money on joining.

Back