Another Water Query

LV30

Gold Member
Hello

I know we must drink at 2 1/4 litres (4 pints) per day - but can you drink too much?!

I drink at least 2 and a half litres in work and try to drink at least 3 pints at home. And i still worry that i'm not drinking enough.

I am suffering with a really dry mouth on this plan, so drinking so much water isn't that much of a problem.

Although I am forever running to the loo and I worry sometimes that I'm doing some serious damage to my kidneys and my bladder!

What does everyone else drink, on average per day?

Lx

Hello

I know we must drink at 2 1/4 litres (4 pints) per day - but can you drink too much?!

I drink at least 2 and a half litres in work and try to drink at least 3 pints at home. And i still worry that i'm not drinking enough.

I am suffering with a really dry mouth on this plan, so drinking so much water isn't that much of a problem.

Although I am forever running to the loo and I worry sometimes that I'm doing some serious damage to my kidneys and my bladder!

What does everyone else drink, on average per day?

Lx

Dry mouth? I'm getting that too, it's manky!

Can you have (sugar free) chewing gum on CD? If it's just a hunger thing I could cope with that.

I'm trying to do 4ltrs a day just now tho its been harder yesterday and today for some reason. Dry mouth is part of the deal i'm afraid. For the last week i have had the feeling of a hair caught in the back of my throat and cant shift it at all. Think this is common too and does pass.
As long as you space your water out you can drink more. Dont go taking all 4ltrs at the same time. Drinking water will flush out all the stuff your body doesnt need at this time so it can concentrate on burning the fat.

For the last week i have had the feeling of a hair caught in the back of my throat and cant shift it at all. Think this is common too and does pass.

I've had this feeling the last couple of days, it's horrible! Last night just after I got into bed was the worst, trying to relax but feeling like a hair was there :(

Large quantity of water in a short space of time is dangerous i.e. 2 litres in 30 minutes ... however if your sipping water thought-out the day your kidneys are not having to deal with a large quantity yesterday i drunk 5 litres plus 6 cups of tea and my shakes i just had a day when i felt thirsty today i think i won’t drink more than 3-4 litres
If your thirsty drink ... not loads at once ... you can have sugar free gum chew for few minutes and dispose of it if you need to
Hth

ps: i always think of men down the pub sinking pint after pint of larger and thinking how do they do that and the body cope yet put a pint of water in front of them and they can't drink it lol ( just my opinon ) ... x

I get the dry mouth too...but in a way I know it's reassuring me I am in ketosis...so I keep a breath spray in my pocket to freshen up through the day. Best wishes for a great week everyone.

Back