Anti-biotics (Amoxicillian) and SS

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi all, i went to my emergency appointment at the dentist today about my wisdom tooth and he gave me some anti-biotics for the pain. I have to take 3 capsules (500mg) a day for 5 days.

I was wondering if it was ok to take anti-biotics (Amoxicillian) whilst SSing or if it would be better to do SS+/810 or move upto the 1200cals step. It doesn't state if i have to take it with food.

I would prefer to stay on SS (because its for my tooth ache and not because i'm unwell) but i dont want the anti-biotics to upset my stomach.

I would appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your replies :) xx

ps. i cant really eat any solid food anyway because of my tooth.

Does it say to take on an empty stomach or after food?

If you have to take with/after food then try having it with your shake to see how you feel. If you feel unwell then you might need to add a little food.

Take Care and Glad your tooth is getting sorted xx

I've just googled whether i should take Amoxicillian with food and a few website state that it can be taken with or without food.

I would apprecitae your advice tho :)

Does it say to take on an empty stomach or after food?

It doesn't say anything about when to take it. I think i will prob take it 5 mins after i have my shake.

Thanks for yor advice and support xx

I have taken it (I take it a lot). I don't find no food has any affect at all.

just found this

Taking the Medicine

The most effective way to swallow amoxicillin is probably on an empty stomach with a full eight-ounce glass of water. That usually means at least one hour before eating or two hours after food.

from this site

Amoxicillin

just found this

Taking the Medicine

The most effective way to swallow amoxicillin is probably on an empty stomach with a full eight-ounce glass of water. That usually means at least one hour before eating or two hours after food.

from this site

Amoxicillin

Thanks hun, I think i will take it now and have my shake in an hour or so.

I'm going to ring the chemist and ask the pharmacist just to make sure.

Thanks again :) xx

I have contacted my local chemist and they said it makes no difference if you take it with or without food. So i have taken one now and will have my shake in an hour or so.

Does anyone know if you have to take it every 5 or 6 hours, i'm not sure.

Sorry about all the quesions but i get very anxious and panicy when it comes to taking medication.

Thanks xx

Back