Total Solution Any 16/02/2015 Total Solution starters?

Another day done, did have a few skittles today though as girl at work kept offering them to me, but shouldn't be enough to do too much damage.

Had the lemon and raspberry shake for breakfast - didn't like it, it was a hold nose and gulp it down job, then orange bar for lunch and had chocolate bar for dinner, was going to only have bars for lunch at work but saw loads of people saying they hated the double choc bar so didn't want to take it to work and hate it and be starving all day, have to say I didn't mind it, had a bit of a strange texture but the taste was ok.

Hi can I join this convo- doing LT but those forums are v quiet? I started on 14/2/15 so I'm 2 days ahead?

Got to say your meals sound so yummy!

Hi Joanne,
Yes the food isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. The shakes are delish and the food is good as long as you season it to suit your own palette.

I had 2 chocolate shakes and a pasta carbonara yesterday which were really good. The food portions are small , but you sort of get used to it. I drink a 500ml glass of water with every meal pack (even the shakes) and they seem to fill me up.

How is your meal plan going?

Hi Joanie, yeah of course you can join in :) Yeah the meals are pretty nice, only had a couple im not keen on so far and its pretty cheap too

Another day done, had chocolate shake for breakfast, white chocolate and raspberry bar which was really nice and then chocolate pudding for dinner, only cooked for 1 min and it was cooked enough

Tough day. Chocolate shake for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch and pasta carbonara for dinner. I struggled with an overwhelming urge to snatch a bag of malteasers from a 5 yer old child & shove them all in my mouth at the same time. I resisted (just about) and had a cup of green tea!

One thing that I've noticed is that eating for me is more out of habit than actual hunger. Hat is something that I have to break.

I know what you mean blondegal, Im not overly hungry after my food packs which also shows I majorly over eat portion size wise as well, the only time I struggle is at around 11o'clock'ish.

Had the maple syrup pancakes today for breakfast, haven't figured out the best way to cook them yet, but they were ok, I think they will be better if you cook them smaller, I made the mix into two pancakes, I think making four would probably make them cook better.

Has anyone thought about how they are going to come off of plan once you get to goal or near to goal?

Ive been putting a lot of thought into it because that's where I fell off track last time, I went from eating next to nothing and for a few months my portion sizes were small as I couldn't eat a lot, but then gradually got bigger and bigger, then the drinking snuck back in (not daily but would drink at weekends), then the take aways came back and the snacking and the pounds came flying back on, I didn't follow the plans they suggest, I just tried to eat better but that didn't really work obviously as Im back here at the same weight I originally was.

So my plan is to lose as much as I can on total solution until the end of June and then follow each step exante suggest for a month, the first plan is 1000 cals so I should still lose weight on that, then the next is 1200cals, then 1400cals, then 1600cals, the 1600cals is probably where I will have to try and stay around to maintain, the odd take-away or drink isn't going to pile the pounds on, my problem was that I was over drinking during the week as well as having the odd take-away or night drinking, a calorie calculator says I will need 1772 calories a day to maintain 10 and a half stone so if I could stick to 1600 calories for 6 days a week I would have 1000 calories "spare" if I did want to eat naughty or have a few drinks, sounds easy huh? hmm hehe we will see.

Hi Joanne,
Yes the food isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. The shakes are delish and the food is good as long as you season it to suit your own palette.

I had 2 chocolate shakes and a pasta carbonara yesterday which were really good. The food portions are small , but you sort of get used to it. I drink a 500ml glass of water with every meal pack (even the shakes) and they seem to fill me up.

How is your meal plan going?

It's going really well very happy with the loses but it's bland- the only think I like is the choc shake so can be a bit repetitive. I'm tempted to look into moving across to this when I'm coming closer to re-feed though.

Tough day. Chocolate shake for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch and pasta carbonara for dinner. I struggled with an overwhelming urge to snatch a bag of malteasers from a 5 yer old child & shove them all in my mouth at the same time. I resisted (just about) and had a cup of green tea!

One thing that I've noticed is that eating for me is more out of habit than actual hunger. Hat is something that I have to break.

That is so me- my battle is inside my head! I need to learn to plan to eat things and resist. There was a good quote I saw, if hunger is not the problem then food is not the solution. It really hit home to me as food was ALWAYS the solution for me!

I know what you mean blondegal, Im not overly hungry after my food packs which also shows I majorly over eat portion size wise as well, the only time I struggle is at around 11o'clock'ish.

Had the maple syrup pancakes today for breakfast, haven't figured out the best way to cook them yet, but they were ok, I think they will be better if you cook them smaller, I made the mix into two pancakes, I think making four would probably make them cook better.

Has anyone thought about how they are going to come off of plan once you get to goal or near to goal?

Ive been putting a lot of thought into it because that's where I fell off track last time, I went from eating next to nothing and for a few months my portion sizes were small as I couldn't eat a lot, but then gradually got bigger and bigger, then the drinking snuck back in (not daily but would drink at weekends), then the take aways came back and the snacking and the pounds came flying back on, I didn't follow the plans they suggest, I just tried to eat better but that didn't really work obviously as Im back here at the same weight I originally was.

So my plan is to lose as much as I can on total solution until the end of June and then follow each step exante suggest for a month, the first plan is 1000 cals so I should still lose weight on that, then the next is 1200cals, then 1400cals, then 1600cals, the 1600cals is probably where I will have to try and stay around to maintain, the odd take-away or drink isn't going to pile the pounds on, my problem was that I was over drinking during the week as well as having the odd take-away or night drinking, a calorie calculator says I will need 1772 calories a day to maintain 10 and a half stone so if I could stick to 1600 calories for 6 days a week I would have 1000 calories "spare" if I did want to eat naughty or have a few drinks, sounds easy huh? hmm hehe we will see.

Samantha- last time I did LT we do a re-feed plan, it's only for a week and I thought this was too short so I did it over 4 weeks and did 4 days for each day they told me. It helped me control and find my way back. I upped the exercise then and monitored my weight to find the maintain bit. TBH I maintained for a number of years but pregnancy and post- partum complication's have led me to struggle to lose so back on LT as I know it works. I think they key is to take it very slowly and keep an eye on our weight and not lie to ourselves. Join a slimming world or something to keep you on track??

Yeah I think I need to do it longer to try and teach myself how to eat better.

I've had banana shake, fruit and nut bar and red bean chilli for dinner, it was ok I guess, cooked it on the hob and managed to eat the whole lot rather than throw half of it away like I did with the spag bol.

It takes time Samantha, to be honest I think the longer you are on it the more your tastebuds change and you can find them more palatable.

Very true, I certainly found myself able to eat the packs easier the longer I was on the diet.

The lemon bar is sooo nice, I would happily eat them three times a day for the foreseeable haha

Still a few packs I have tried yet, keep going for the ones I know I like so need to mix that up a bit before I end up with a weeks worth of food I don't enjoy but apart from that still doing well.

Have to admit I am enjoying not having to cook! At weekends I cook up a couple of batches of food to freeze for my husband and he is eating before I get home from work so that's a lot easier, not sure I would be able to stick to the diet if I was smelling nice food and watching him eat it every single day.

I've got a night out this weekend which is going to be a test, not sure if I would be better to just plan to have 1 day off plan rather then feel like ive fallen off the wagon, I don't know, got a few days to work out what Im going to do.

Samantha I'm the opposite I love smelling food- I sniff everything!! It's a bit sadistic!

The night out is a tough one- restarting is really tough and when I look around the forums a lot of people never get back on, if you were close to goal (7lbs) I would say fire away but I worry about my break at Easter. I suppose the quite 'Don’t give up what you want most for what you want in the moment' is popping into my head. By all means you need to decide for yourself so long as you are prepared. :)

Hi,

Just a little note from my experience on leaving ketosis and getting back on plan.

I slipped out of ketosis two weeks ago with too many carbs on man plan, after 4 days on plan I found it hard still being hungry and really lapsed with a few slices of pizza on Monday evening. Five days later and I'm still not back in Ketosis and finding it hard.

I know social occasions are hard, but I'm not risking going off plan next weekend at a friends birthday despite everyone begging me to get in the spirit.... My goals are important and they will have to understand that I'm on my packs, water and black tea/coffee.

Mousey

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hi,

Just a little note from my experience on leaving ketosis and getting back on plan.

I slipped out of ketosis two weeks ago with too many carbs on man plan, after 4 days on plan I found it hard still being hungry and really lapsed with a few slices of pizza on Monday evening. Five days later and I'm still not back in Ketosis and finding it hard.

I know social occasions are hard, but I'm not risking going off plan next weekend at a friends birthday despite everyone begging me to get in the spirit.... My goals are important and they will have to understand that I'm on my packs, water and black tea/coffee.

Mousey

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Yeah this was my worry so I'm sort of glad in a way it wasn't unfounded. I have break planned for 5 days re-feed at Easter- but I should be within 7lbs of goal so if I can't get back on its not as big an issue.

Back