Any advice for this newbie please ;)

fat-be-gone

Greetings to all Slimmers,

After spending the last two years piling on the pounds I have finally reached breaking point! Myself and my hubby hope to start a family really soon but I feel I am far too heavy to even think of getting pregnant! I want to be as slim and as healthy as possible first, I have spent the last 10 years going up and down in weight and I could always manage to get back to where I wanted to be.

This time I'm afraid I wasnt so lucky, I have been trying for the past year to lose weight and I keep losing a stone and putting it back on, after stumbling acoss slim and save, while surfing the net, I now feel it may be possible! I have read loads of posts on this site and you are all truly inspirational! I look forward to beginning my journey with you all this week, food ordered just need to wait for it to arrive!

if any of ye have any tips for me as a newbie it would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much and happy slimming to all xx

Hey and welcome :)

Tips from me are... Get your mind 100% in the zone before u start.
Getting into ketosis can be hard, a can of coke zero helps with hunger!
Drink drink drink water :D
Try to plan the time you have your packs
Set up a diary on here, we are very supportive :)

And finally, don't give up, you can do it!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks stef2009 Ill be sure to stock up on the Coke Zero and the plan is to keep my phone/laptop close by so I can keep in touch with everyone really cant wait xx

It is exciting starting s&s, u know the lbs are gonna drop of and it's pretty tasty too :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Water - always have it with you, and keep on drinking. Take your measurements now cause you won't believe how quickly you change. Take a full body before shot too, the difference in a few short months will be astonishing :)

take measurements (as noodles said)
but not just for the change.
I've lost INCHES but my weight hasn't gone down for 3 weeks.
so if you come across the same thing it will keep you on track :)
the staff on the actual website told me not to exceed the 3.5 litres of water, so do keep your water in take up don't over do it.

also prepare yourself for the second week tummy aches ha, I missed that bit when i was lurking before joining the forums and it caught me off guard (might not effect you, but just be prepared haha)

good luck :)
xoxo

The tip about planning when to have your packs is a very good one. I have four packs a day, one every 3 hours or so. I fill the rest of the time with water, peppermint tea and some bouillon.

Invest in some spices for your packs/protein meal. Someone recommended smoked paprika which I completely love! Experiment with vegetables (could not do without cauliflower rice now!). Plan what you're going to do in a weak moment, have a bath, knit etc etc!

Good luck!!

Just what others have said really, drink plenty of water, measure yourself because losses don't always show on those pesky scales and get sugar free chewing gum for ketosis breath! Good luck )

Welcome!
I started today so haven't really any tips as yet, just wanted to pop in and say hello :)
I've had Sweet Porridge and a Chocolate shake so far, with one black coffee and 2.5 ltrs of water.
Am JUST starting to feel hungry so I am very pleased so far!
So my one tip is, water, water n more water to keep the hunger pangs at bay! No more that 3.5ltrs tho I don't think!
Good luck, will be watching out for your results :) xxx

First thing to do is to get your mindset right. Forget about trying to lose weight simply consider it done. If you think about trying your mind will program your body to try only. Listen to your mind chatter this is a fantastic way of finding out what ideas/points of views you have picked up from other people or the media about your body and made them yours. Drink a glass of room temperature water in the morning to kick start your metabolism and follow it up with at least another 7 glasses through the day. It is far better than any diet drink, so try juicing. Eat a large breakfast a large salad for lunch and and the rest of the day eat small snacks. If you for any reason you do not stick to the diet forget guilt. The emotional guilt will not help you so it is important to stay in happy mode.

Hi all so excited to start but unfortunately my packs still haven't arrived! Gutted really hope I get them tomorrow! How is everyone doing? Can't wait to join ye all! Have everything ready to go! Please keep me posted on all of your progress xxx

First thing to do is to get your mindset right. Forget about trying to lose weight simply consider it done. If you think about trying your mind will program your body to try only. Listen to your mind chatter this is a fantastic way of finding out what ideas/points of views you have picked up from other people or the media about your body and made them yours. Drink a glass of room temperature water in the morning to kick start your metabolism and follow it up with at least another 7 glasses through the day. It is far better than any diet drink, so try juicing. Eat a large breakfast a large salad for lunch and and the rest of the day eat small snacks. If you for any reason you do not stick to the diet forget guilt. The emotional guilt will not help you so it is important to stay in happy mode.

Notice this is your first post - are you aware you're on a VLCD TFR board?

Hi Beelishy! I hope it does too but I'd it doesn't I'll definitely be holding out for thurs ;) I have over 100lbs to lose too so it'll be great to have each other to support and by what I've read this is an extremely supportive forum! So excited to start losing weight! How you feeling about starting tomorrow?

Natm70 hopefully mine will come tomorrow and we can help each other through the tough days xx

That'd be GREAT! Mine should have arrived yesterday, but the courier sent it to the wrong depot! I was chomping at the bit waiting to get started!
Luckily, it arrived around 10am today, in time for me to start today.

I'll add you as a friend if that's ok? As soon as I've figured out how to do so, lol!

Hope yours comes tomorrow, it's so exciting isn't it?!

xxx

Im starting tomorrow as well. So excited...just want to get going, really! Ive got around 100lbs to lose so its gonna take a while! lol Hope your parcel comes tomorrow fat-be-gone!

Good luck for tomo Beelishy! It is very exciting - I am a little hungry (still got one more meal to have tho!), but the motivation of losing weight, as well as all of the lovely people and support on here, is more than enough to carry me though!

I've sent you a friends request too btw, we're starting about the same time :) xxx

Back