Any advice for this newbie please ;)

Thanks so much for all the advice :) feeling really good this morning started with a banana shake and was so pleased with the taste! I do think I'll add more water for the next shake coz it was a bit thick for me, I have tomato soup for lunch so hopefully that will go well too! Not telling anyone at work about the diet coz I don't want to be listening to the lectures at the moment,

Thanks so much for all the support I really appreciate it ;)

Hope ye have a fantastic day and I'll chat to ye soon xx

Yay!
The shakes surprised me - so nice! I expected them to taste a bit artificial, if that makes sense!!!
Yep, I add more water, just to make it go further.

I'm careful who I tell - I know I'll get lecture's about how bad this is for me, blah blah blah! If my Doc says it's ok, that's good enough for me! :)

Hope you have a great day too - Please let us know how your first day goes!

xxx

Hi all :) day two is nearly down and I feel fantastic! So glad I have joined the team. So far no side effects so a little nervous for when they hit! Really enjoying the food! Have had the banana and the chocolate shakes, Banana is the fav there! The choc was ok but a little too sweet for me I think.

Have had the spaghetti bol and the mushroom pasta! Really enjoyed both but more so the mushroom! As for soup had the tomato soup which I didn't really like and I think I have six more! Loved the chicken curry noodle soup tho :) have had the nougat bar which I really liked too and waiting now to try another bar this Eve! So excited to try the next flavours :)

How is everyone getting on? Xxx

Evening!

Awww, that's fabulous news!
Mine hit on day two - shakes, disorientation, lack of coordination, headache.... I panicked and called S&S and they told me it was totally normal, so that made me feel better.
It only lasted a few hours, and since then I've been great!
It's obviously different for everyone, but I think the first 3 days are supposed to be the hardest, so may be you'll be lucky and sail through with no symptoms - not everyone gets them, and I'm just grateful mine were short-lived!
Fingers crossed you don't get any! Just been to my friends who's a bit of an expert on this, and she said def days 1-3 are the worst, so if you're okay tomo, I think you'll be fine with no nasties - hope so anyway! :)

I love the Chocolate - not tried the Banana yet. Will give that a go tomo - am avoiding (for as long as I can!) what I think I'll hate, i.e., Toffee, Caramel, and the soups.

You have 6 more tomato soups!!! Did you order the one week starter pack? Blimey, if so, I think you got a bad deal there!

I've loved all the bars - only got four in my pack, and have now had them all :( - Tbh, I'll eat anything which is allowed, lol!! I'm not throwing anything away because I can't afford to! So, it's going down, even if I have to pinch my nose n gulp it down!

Have you weighed in yet? Looking forward to hearing your results!! xxx

Thats brilliant!! Im on day 4 now and Ive had no side effects other than possibly a headache. I say possibly because Im also getting over bronchitis and I think I have a bit of sinusitis now. LOL. So the headache may have been down to that. Anyway, regardless, Ive felt great and I hope you sail through with no adverse effects, like I have!

How are things with everyone today?

Natm70 and beelishy? Going great I hope :)

Day three went well I was a little shaky this morning but it passed in an hour and thankfully felt great for the rest of the day. had a crispy vanilla shake...not a fan at all! Still able to drink it but not a fan! Liked the cottage pie so that was a plus and the milk choc truffa bar is lovely too!

Natm70 the reason I have so many tomato soups is that I bought a month supply so I just bought 7 of every flavour I thought I'd like, silly I know but I can space them out :)

Cant wait for weigh in! So excited to see what I lose, any loss will be a great sucess!

One thing I was wondering about today is will I have loose skin after losing weight so quickly?

How are things with everyone today?

Natm70 and beelishy? Going great I hope :)

Day three went well I was a little shaky this morning but it passed in an hour and thankfully felt great for the rest of the day. had a crispy vanilla shake...not a fan at all! Still able to drink it but not a fan! Liked the cottage pie so that was a plus and the milk choc truffa bar is lovely too!

Natm70 the reason I have so many tomato soups is that I bought a month supply so I just bought 7 of every flavour I thought I'd like, silly I know but I can space them out :)

Cant wait for weigh in! So excited to see what I lose, any loss will be a great sucess!

One thing I was wondering about today is will I have loose skin after losing weight so quickly?

Good Morning! :)

Feeling great, thanks, hope you are?
No loss today, arrgghh! I only lost 1lb at yesterday morning's weigh-in so knew it was slowing down. Surely I should still be losing though, on so few calories!
Oh well, will plod on!

Glad you only had the shakiness for a bit, it's not nice is it? That should be it now though, hopefully!

Aahh, I just presumed you'd bought the one week starter pack!

When are you weighing?

My friend lost a hell of a lot of weight, and didn't have any excess skint. If you do some light exercise too that will help. As will your age, and genetics.

Have a FAB day! xxx

LOL, Meant SKIN not skint, haha!!

Its all down to genetics, age, and how big you are or have been. I have looooads of loose skin but I was 29st at my heaviest. And lost about half that amount quite quickly with no exercise or toning along the way. Now, ten years later and ive learnt me lesson lol. I cant fix it completely but will try to do some light toning/exercise to help firm what I can. I dont think you will have anything that cant be corrected with some toning, at worst!

Good Morning! :)

Feeling great, thanks, hope you are?
No loss today, arrgghh! I only lost 1lb at yesterday morning's weigh-in so knew it was slowing down. Surely I should still be losing though, on so few calories!
Oh well, will plod on!

Glad you only had the shakiness for a bit, it's not nice is it? That should be it now though, hopefully!

Aahh, I just presumed you'd bought the one week starter pack!

When are you weighing?

My friend lost a hell of a lot of weight, and didn't have any excess skint. If you do some light exercise too that will help. As will your age, and genetics.

Have a FAB day! xxx

Found today to drag a little coz I'm very tired still have stuck to everything tho!
I know I have seen ppl on here saying that the weight loss goes up and down some mornings there wont be a loss but others you may be down 2lbs so make sure not to let it demotivate you! I must say tho it's very hard to stay away from the scales, I can't help myself I'm up on them every morning :)

What exercise are you doing? Just not sure what I should and shouldn't be doing on a vlcd

Hope you're having a great day xxx

Its all down to genetics, age, and how big you are or have been. I have looooads of loose skin but I was 29st at my heaviest. And lost about half that amount quite quickly with no exercise or toning along the way. Now, ten years later and ive learnt me lesson lol. I cant fix it completely but will try to do some light toning/exercise to help firm what I can. I dont think you will have anything that cant be corrected with some toning, at worst!

What kind of exercise and toning would you recommend? Just want to make sure I follow the correct thing for a vlcd. Hope today is going great for you xxx

Found today to drag a little coz I'm very tired still have stuck to everything tho!
I know I have seen ppl on here saying that the weight loss goes up and down some mornings there wont be a loss but others you may be down 2lbs so make sure not to let it demotivate you! I must say tho it's very hard to stay away from the scales, I can't help myself I'm up on them every morning :)

What exercise are you doing? Just not sure what I should and shouldn't be doing on a vlcd

Hope you're having a great day xxx

Today I am tired too for some reason. I suppose living on 650 cals, we're bound to feel it every now and again!

I'm okay with it now, tho I was in a mood this morning lol! I've been good, and will persevere, because I know this works!

At the mo, I'm just walking. I was doing Zumba three times a week as well, but I don't know if that's such a great idea eating so few calories. I think once I go on to the 3 packs + 1 low carb meal, I will try Zumba again and hope I can do it, because I love it! I don't want to lose the muscle tone I've achieved, but have to be careful because it's quite high impact. I think it's about finding the right balance.

Had a good day thanks, and I hope you have too? :) xxx

How's everyone doing today?

Had another fantastic day!

Natm70 hope you were ok after not feeling grest yesterday morning :)

I would love to do Zumba did it a few years back it was so much fun, am thinking of giving bikram yoga a go and see how I do with that!

Had the sweet porridge this morning and I can honestly say that it's the most vile thing I've ever eaten :-( still got it down tho coz dont want to waste a pack!

So excited for WI on thurs!

How have yer days been? What days do you Weigh in?

Sending lots of positive thoughts snd vibes xxx

I liked the Sweet Porridge but hated the Original Oatmeal. lol. I think once you get through trying all (or most) of the packs and finding what you like and dont like...you will find you can then just get what you like and then mix it up to keep yourself from getting bored. There is SO much choice on this diet, in terms of packs, than some of the other VLCDs Ive seen.

I weigh in on Wednesdays - so, tomorrow!

Ive been feeling great and glad you have too!

Have a great day today!

How's everyone doing today?

Had another fantastic day!

Natm70 hope you were ok after not feeling grest yesterday morning :)

I would love to do Zumba did it a few years back it was so much fun, am thinking of giving bikram yoga a go and see how I do with that!

Had the sweet porridge this morning and I can honestly say that it's the most vile thing I've ever eaten :-( still got it down tho coz dont want to waste a pack!

So excited for WI on thurs!

How have yer days been? What days do you Weigh in?

Sending lots of positive thoughts snd vibes xxx

Morning!! :)

Hope you're well?

Really good thank you! - had my weigh in as my first week is now complete - 11lbs gone and 12"s gone too! SO HAPPY!!

I love Zumba, it doesn't seem like a workout to me because like you say, it's so much fun! However, until I've done this diet for another week, I'm not doing it - I don't know how my body will respond on only 600-650 cals per day. It burns around 550 cals, so I can see me being wiped out!
I'm going for long walks though to keep fit, and keep my legs toned!

Awwww, sorry to hear that - I actually loved it! Are you a fan of normal porridge?

I can't wait to hear your results on Thursday, make sure you get up extra early to weigh and measure, and let us know, lol!

Have a FAB day lovely! xxx

Hi ladies, I just wanted to say hello. Hope you don't mind me posting here?
I have ordered the weeks sample pack. I am determined to stick to this and get the weight off. I have done weight watchers in the past and its worked, but I have a habit of putting it all back on and I'm getting married in November and need to get the weight off sharpish.

I was hoping you wouldn't mind me chatting to you? My stuff should arrive tomorrow! Exciting but scary too. You guys seem to be getting on well with it though so it gives me hope :)
Good luck!

Back