Any advice for this newbie please ;)

Welcome lavinia :) of course you can join us! I know you have a fantastic journey ahead of you ;-) I'm on day six and can't wait for weigh in tomorrow :-D I will help you whatever way I can even though I am a newbie :)

Nat how are you doing? Ya I have considered doing something like zumba but as you say it'll burn the calories we've consumed and I can only imagine that can't be good for you :-(

I love normal porridge! It's my fav but will defo not be having the sweet porridge again and I'm sure I have 6 pks....oatmeal all the way; -)

How has your day been?

Beelishy how are you getting on?

Xxxx

Hi ladies, I just wanted to say hello. Hope you don't mind me posting here?
I have ordered the weeks sample pack. I am determined to stick to this and get the weight off. I have done weight watchers in the past and its worked, but I have a habit of putting it all back on and I'm getting married in November and need to get the weight off sharpish.

I was hoping you wouldn't mind me chatting to you? My stuff should arrive tomorrow! Exciting but scary too. You guys seem to be getting on well with it though so it gives me hope :)
Good luck!

Hiya Lavinia, and welcome!
It's been the best week ever for me, weight wise, looking forward to everyone's journeys and results! Please keep posting so we can all celebrate our achievements together! :D xxx

Welcome lavinia :) of course you can join us! I know you have a fantastic journey ahead of you ;-) I'm on day six and can't wait for weigh in tomorrow :-D I will help you whatever way I can even though I am a newbie :)

Nat how are you doing? Ya I have considered doing something like zumba but as you say it'll burn the calories we've consumed and I can only imagine that can't be good for you :-(

I love normal porridge! It's my fav but will defo not be having the sweet porridge again and I'm sure I have 6 pks....oatmeal all the way; -)

How has your day been?

Beelishy how are you getting on?

Xxxx

Hiya!

I'm good thanks, hope you are too? :) I'm just sticking to walking for now, and once I introduce a protein meal, will re-introduce Zumba then I think.
Day so far - looking after my little monster and a friend popped over for a coffee so I have got nothing done yet! Going out for a walk later, it's so beautiful here today, going to make the most of it - this is probably our Summer, lol!!

I have been wondering - I seemed to lose more weight on the days I had run out of porridge/oatmeal/bars. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that they seem to be slightly higher in carbs. May try an experiment and see!

Really can't wait to hear your results, you've been SO good keeping away from the scales - I'm terrible, I weighed every day!! :p

xxx

I was wondering about that, Nat. If the oatmeal/porridge/bars hinder weight loss - even just a little.

My Tai Chi dvd has come today. I think im going to have a watch of it before I try to do it lol

I think it may do - I'm having a chicken breast tonight with veggies - so I'll be 6 cals over 650, but my carbs will be down by around 12g!
I think I need to experiment - because I know carbs have an impact.
Let me know how you get on with the dvd! xxx

Oh my god Nat only just read over the posts properly and saw that you lost 11lbs and outta the 12's! YAHOO! That is fantastic you must feel brilliant :) if I get half of that I'll be delighted! Go you xxx

Oh my god Nat only just read over the posts properly and saw that you lost 11lbs and outta the 12's! YAHOO! That is fantastic you must feel brilliant :) if I get half of that I'll be delighted! Go you xxx

I still can't quite believe it myself!
I thought I would be a slow loser, given I am on AD's, which affect metabolism.
So, it was a surprise and a shock when I got on the scales, bleary eyed, on Tuesday morning lol!!
It certainly woke me up pretty quickly - I had to move the scales around just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, ha!
Not expecting miracles this week - Rob from S&S said week two can be slow, but picks up again in week three. Luckily, I am finding this diet so easy, I can wait until the end of week three for any more decent results (I hope!).
I plateau'd on Saturday, so to lose 3lbs on by Monday morning, and another 2lbs by Tuesday morning, was just amazing! I really thought I had lost 6lbs for the week, and was happy at that!
I'm sure you'll get excellent results - it's impossible not to on so few cals!! I can't wait for your weigh-in! Post results asap, lol!! :D xxx

First weight in results, Drum roll please... 13.5lbs down and 14.5 inches! Delighted with results!

But funny thing is I'm having a really bad day, not food wise but so tired and cranky :-( have the snuffles just feel rotten :(

First weight in results, Drum roll please... 13.5lbs down and 14.5 inches! Delighted with results!

But funny thing is I'm having a really bad day, not food wise but so tired and cranky :-( have the snuffles just feel rotten :(

OMG OMG OMG!!!! That is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!!
I bet you're SO pleased! What a result!!!
I couldn't be more happy for you if I tried lol!!

Awww, hope you feel better soon! If you've got a cold coming on, that'll make you feel like that. Hope you don't get one tho - I sometimes feel like that, then it goes away, so fingers crossed :)

Am just so thrilled - I've been waiting for you to post!!! :D xxx

Wow everyone! Your week one weight losses have been brilliant :) Well done.

I am day one today, it's ok so far, but that's because I've been at work this morning (I'm a nurse) and had a chocolate shake for breakfast but then was rushed off my feet so didn't get chance to eat anything else.
My trouble will be now that I am home and wanting to munch! Having my tomato soup right now.

First thoughts are- chocolate shake, yummy. Tomato soup, ok, not great, but ok.

Going to be having a meal and bar later.

Ope everyone is doing well :)

Wow everyone! Your week one weight losses have been brilliant :) Well done.

I am day one today, it's ok so far, but that's because I've been at work this morning (I'm a nurse) and had a chocolate shake for breakfast but then was rushed off my feet so didn't get chance to eat anything else.
My trouble will be now that I am home and wanting to munch! Having my tomato soup right now.

First thoughts are- chocolate shake, yummy. Tomato soup, ok, not great, but ok.

Going to be having a meal and bar later.

Ope everyone is doing well :)

Hi Lavinia! :)
The hunger does subside. I found by about day 5, I actually forgot to eat!
And wait until you see the results at your first week's weigh in - that'll have made it all worthwhile!
I'm going out for an Indian tonight - have checked with S&S and it's ok to have Tandoori Chicken with spinach and a salad. They said as long as I keep carbs low I will be fine - I've checked cals/carbs, and I won't go over carbs at all, and only a little on cals, which isn't enough to send me out of ketosis, so you can have a social life too!
Really looking forward to hearing your progress!
xxx

I don't have much of a social life currently!! But it's good to know that you can still have one on this diet too :)

i can do really good when I'm at work as I always forget to eat as I'm always so busy!
I can't wait to weigh in for the first time and will be glad when the hunger does subside.

Just wondering what to have later, think I might try the cottage pie.
Enjoy your indian!
:)

I don't have much of a social life currently!! But it's good to know that you can still have one on this diet too :)

i can do really good when I'm at work as I always forget to eat as I'm always so busy!
I can't wait to weigh in for the first time and will be glad when the hunger does subside.

Just wondering what to have later, think I might try the cottage pie.
Enjoy your indian!
:)

I don't really with having a 10 month old! Nice to go out for a change!

I was naughty and weighed every day of my first week - there was only one day when I didn't lose anything, but I made up for that by losing another 5lbs over the next two days!
It will subside. Are you drinking plenty of water?

I like the cottage pie - I did add quite a bit of seasoning tho, so I don't know what it's like without!

Thank you! Am halfway through getting ready now - thought I'd have a quick peek on here!
xxx

OMG OMG OMG!!!! That is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!!
I bet you're SO pleased! What a result!!!
I couldn't be more happy for you if I tried lol!!

Awww, hope you feel better soon! If you've got a cold coming on, that'll make you feel like that. Hope you don't get one tho - I sometimes feel like that, then it goes away, so fingers crossed :)

Am just so thrilled - I've been waiting for you to post!!! :D xxx

Hi Nat sorry havent been back on to you, have not had a chance to get to my laptop so I've only been on my mobile and I wanted to sit down and give you a proper response. Thanks so much for your amazing reaction to my weight loss it was fab :) How are you getting on? did you have a great wknd? xxx

thnaks a mill everyone for congrats defo delighted with weight loss but having a pretty horrible wknd... but more interestingly how are all of you getting on? Beelishy? Lavinia how are you finding your first wk? xxx

Hi Nat sorry havent been back on to you, have not had a chance to get to my laptop so I've only been on my mobile and I wanted to sit down and give you a proper response. Thanks so much for your amazing reaction to my weight loss it was fab :) How are you getting on? did you have a great wknd? xxx

Hiya lovely!

No need to apologise!

Your loss deserved a good reaction, you've done brilliantly!

Had a good weekend thanks, hope you have too?

Gained 2lbs, but have lost them again.....Tuesday morning is my weigh-in for week 2, so am hoping for may be 1lb more! But if I stay the same, that's fine too, because I've heard week 2 can be like this, then picks up again in week 3!

Looking forward to your next results! :)

xxx

Hiya lovely!

No need to apologise!

Gained 2lbs, but have lost them again.....Tuesday morning is my weigh-in for week 2, so am hoping for may be 1lb more! But if I stay the same, that's fine too, because I've heard week 2 can be like this, then picks up again in week 3!

xxx

Thanks Doll :-D

I'm doing good now had been having a rough wknd but have given myself a good shake and I feel way better!

Ya I no what you mean about wk two! I have been on the scales a few times with no budge, lost 2.5lbs then today but need to try stay away from the scales tho! You'll have your weight loss by tues for sure doll and every loss counts :) you must be so excited to be in the 11's! I cant wait to break the next stone barrier! Hopefully by wk 4! Your weight will be gone before you know it! Gonna start bikram yoga this wk and a toning class so hope that will help with the toning as I get thinner!

Hiya lovely!

No need to apologise!

xxx

ha sorry posted that too quickly! Cant wait for results on tues doll be sure to post them straight away xxx

Back