Any advice greatly appreciated

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Hi all,

Some colleagues of mine at work have been asking around the office today about volunteers to complete the 3 Peaks Challenge next March. This involves a walk up Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike within 24 hours.
I was not encouraged to join and when I suggested that I would like to, they looked at me in shock, horror and bemusement.

Ok, the reason for this post. This challenge will take place in March next year. Can anyone advise me on some kind of programme that I can take up that would help me complete this task and wipe that smug smile off their faces???

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mrs V, your "can do" attitude is admirable. I know that being slim does not not always mean being fit. I went on a 20km charity walk a few weeks ago and really struggled. At one point I overtook a heavier lady, feeling really smug, then to my surprise I was huffing and puffing and dragging myself along when she overtook me -and then left me far behind!
I don't have very specific advice but I'd say generally keep on with your diet whilst gradually building up your exercise. You could start small (e.g by walking 30 mins 3 times a week, or whatever you can do) but keep at it and your fitness levels will certainly increase. Show them you can. I think you have a good length of time to prepare and working towards this goal will give you extra incentive to continue.
You've got a good positive attitude and that makes you a winner already. Keep us posted Mrs V!
PS: Congrats on dropping your BMI from 48 to 35 already; well done!

Thanks for your post Trimlee, I was wondering if there was anyone that had read it!!! Lol
I teach modern jive each week, so I dance for 4 hours, I walk as much as I can and have started cycling. I agree with you when you said that being slim doesnt always mean fit. I consider myself to be a relatively active person, but still large in frame (lol)...it will change though!
I have also sought the advice of an ex-army PT Instructor...he is going to devise an exercise regime for me that will be sensible...I am determined now...and...I've also joined another team for the race for life next year too!!!

Back