any advice on exante for new babs?

renekot

I am starting exante total on Monday and will welcome any advice and tips. Experience they say is the best teacher so do share it with me. Thanks:confused::confused:

Know that in many ways this is the easiest diet in the world, but you must commit to it. You are likely to have a few days feeling rough, low energy, just sleep as much as you can and know that will pass. the results are fast and speak for themselves. Most hunger feelings will pass, so have a glass of water. have a real chat to yourself in the mirror and make the commitment!

Your first three days will be really hard - headaches, irritable, tired, hungry. But after that, you get into ketosis and it's pretty much plain sailing from then on.
Just stick with it through the horrendous bit and you'll be sorted.

My big motivator is not only how much weight I'll lose, but also how much money I'll save by not buying drinks/snacks/takeaways outside my normal food shopping budget (which is more than a week of Exante anyway!!)

welccome and good luck , its aan amazing diet if you can just stick with it and push through the first week it flys by and the weight flies off .
My best tips are -

Positivity , feel good about the diet , be excited about how much weight you will loose and do not see it negativly , its all in the head

Determination - the first week is hard , but stay determined and it gets so much easier

Glug - whenever you are hungry , drink water , when you think you have drunk enough ... drink some more .. the more you drink the more you shrink !! ( although dont go much over 4 litres and spread it out through the day )

Keep busy - distraction is great , cleaning , sorting ,knitting , even baking works for some .. keep yourself busy especially the first week

work out what sort of weigher you should be - some people find that weighing weekly is best for them as they need to see the big losses to keep motivated , other ( like me ) do better if they weigh daily ... if you think a STS or slight gain will demotivate you then dont weigh every day

come on her lots and get advise and support

and rememeber that the diet is not saying you cannot eat .. it is YOU making that CHOICE , if I ever waver and feel like I HAVE to eat ... I tell myself to wait an hour and if I am still feelingt he same I will eat ...normally after an hour I am back in control and dont want to , if I still want to eat I tell myself to wait another hour ... works for me !!!

Good luck :)

Hi, I'm on day 2, finding it a bit hard but it will be so worth it, get yourself some boullion, its a drink similar to say oxo, I got mine in tesco, its really nice when u want something different to drink, also you never seem to be off the loo, think this may be a challenge at work tomorrow lol! Good luck for tomorrow, Julie x

HI, best advice i can give is don't cheat, not even for a crumb, you might find you eat and then the next day stay the same so you give yourself permission to do it again, trust this one little cheat turns into a day off plan, 2 days off plan etc, the hardest thing is a restart!.

Good luck Sarah

Heya! Well you've taken the first step in deciding to do the diet so congrats! :D

I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with everything lastslim has said - even when it gets hard, just remember that it's even harder to get back on the wagon once you've toppled off so keep strong, keep chugging that h2O and keep thinking about the thinner supersexified you that's just a few short weeks away!

Remember, food is always going to be there once you've finished, you're just choosing not to have any for a while ;)

Good luck!

rbx:rainbow:

Last edited:
Lastslim you are so right.l am two days off because l did not take your advice,l am so ashamed! Back on tomorrow have learnt the hard way.......

Don't be ashamed, its just a blip while you retrain your brain to break all the habits it has developed. Just acknowledge it and move on :)

Well done on re-starting, choosing to start again is no doubt hard but you've done it! Hope day 2 goes well for you x

How is day two going for you, well I hope! :)

Day 2 has gone well so far. Had porridge in the morning and thia chicken soup with chilli as l love spicy food. I really enjoyed both meals. I plan to have a chocolate Orange bar this evening Hope to enjoy it too! No hunger felt yet. But it feels like l am living in the Lu (3.5) liters of water to be blamed! I am having dry mouth and lips, any solution from anyone? Ready for day 3 guys.

wait an hour and if I am still feelingt he same I will eat ...normally after an hour I am back in control and dont want to , if I still want to eat I tell myself to wait another hour ... works for me !!!

Good luck :)

I like this, plus I have a mantra in my signature so I see it every time I post. Good luck xx

Back