Any Advice Welcome!

x-Nicky-x

Hi Everyone,

I have just ordered my Exante products and will be going on the total solution from Monday. I've never tried a diet like this before but I know many who have, all of whom have found it to be massive success!

I just wanted some advice really... Is there anything I can do to prepare myself before my diet begins?? Any help or tips to improve me chances of success would be welcome!!

Also, I've been reading everyone's diaries and jsut wanted to say how well you all seem to be doing!

Thanks,

Nicky :)

Hi nicky , just to keep busy and drink the right amount of water . and keep posting here , did you get a months worth ? i like them all really , but it can get a little boring , which they bring out few solids like CD .
they say the carbs stores become empty say 48 hours thats when you will get a dull head , but water helps , i really didn't get a bad head this time ... some people are different . but post away for answers , i'm sure someone will be along soon

Good luck Nicky! No useful advice from me, I seem to do all the wrong things :)

Thank you both! I think this site will be really useful to keep me motivated! x

Some people say cut down the carbs in the couple of days leading up to it so the withdrawal isn't so bad but then who am I to talk - I had a 15" pizza and half a bottle of wine the night before I fist went on Cambridge!!!

I would recommend getting psyllium husks or similar as constipation is a REAL problem on VLCDs. Start taking these when you start the diet.

Also be prepared for all the other side effects - I feel sick when I start but not everyone does. It's to do with the mineral content. I find it helpful if everyone knows I'm on it so I stick to it but others don't like to do that. And use this site loads (writing a blog or diary helps) - it's invaluable and a great place for support when you will find everyone else around you telling you you're crazy!! Oh and the only other thing is make sure you start preparing for your life after VLCD when you get nearer target because otherwise sadly you will be like me and on here for the third time :( Good luck xx

Thanks, that's really helpful! I'm feeling really motivated at the moment and am thinking bring on the sickness, constipation and stomach cramps but am sure I'll be cursing the diet by the end of the 1st day! I'll keep posting and hope we can all keep each oter motivated!

Thanks again for the messages, it's good to know I'm not doing it alone! x

if you have any hobbies take them up and hot baths , because one min on this diet you can be in control the next feeling your going to break , listen to your fav tunes to lift your mood and by day 4 you will be on a high with energy .
But post away

Some people say cut down the carbs in the couple of days leading up to it so the withdrawal isn't so bad but then who am I to talk - I had a 15" pizza and half a bottle of wine the night before I fist went on Cambridge!!!

I would recommend getting psyllium husks or similar as constipation is a REAL problem on VLCDs. Start taking these when you start the diet.

Also be prepared for all the other side effects - I feel sick when I start but not everyone does. It's to do with the mineral content. I find it helpful if everyone knows I'm on it so I stick to it but others don't like to do that. And use this site loads (writing a blog or diary helps) - it's invaluable and a great place for support when you will find everyone else around you telling you you're crazy!! Oh and the only other thing is make sure you start preparing for your life after VLCD when you get nearer target because otherwise sadly you will be like me and on here for the third time :( Good luck xx

lol the pizza bit made me laugh, some people tryto reduce their carbs a few days before but for me i also had a wacking great big meal and it did me no harm. After all it's the last meal i was going to have for a while i wanted to go all out lol.

There's not really much to add that has not already been said other than good luck xxx

Back