Any advice?

katiebaby

Gold Member
Hello I am Katie... I am 30 yrs old and I have a serious issue with food. I just cant stop sabotaging my dieting with eating rubbish..I need to address my mental attachment to food in order to be successful which is where from reading about The cambridge plan this plan would come into play. It looks like something i really need in my life.

My story is about 2 yrs ago I moved town and at that point i had lost 6.5 stone from Atkins and general low carbing. Since I have moved I have put 2.5 stones back on and its just getting worse :( I feel uncomfortable in myself nothing fits and i am depressed and when I am down I eat and its getting bad :(( I have PCOS and this is causing fertility issues.. The Doctors say i need to lose 5-6 stone before I can even have treatment, this has got me down and hence i am snacking you would think that knowing this is the only way I can get pregnant dieting would be easy, I thought so too but my brain is doing other things.

I really want to do cambridge and sort my weight and my head out at the same time :)

any tips etc? i have tried to contact a CDC but where i live it seems to be hard for me to get to the meetings.. as i dont drive and public transport is bad... do you know if some CDCs are mobile and do home visits etc??

xx

Hi Katie. I also have a long and heavily involved history with binge eating, and dieting always seemed to trigger worse behaviours.

For me (and no two experiences are the same) CD really helped, in that by abstaining completely from food, I'm able to stick to the diet. This is my 21st week and I haven't slipped or tripped up once. I've lost over five stone now.

I'm also doing it to be eligable for fertility treatment - it's a good motivation, especially for me cos I'm 38 next month: I have no time to mess around.

Good luck.

I also find removing food completely has made it easier to deal with. Don't get me wrong I still have cravings but theyre not as often and I'm more mentally able to deal with them now as I've noticed a massive awareness in whether I'm hungry with my emotions,my eyes or my tummy x mostly it's my emotions x

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -3.8, -2.4, -3

Thank you so much for your kind words.. I feel now i am ready just to deal with the root cause and fight this fat once and for all. xx

I have just spoken to a local CDC and I am going to see her on Thursday so I will be starting on Friday :) I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Hi,bdont give up, I know it's very hard. Try and get a CD consultant to come to you, some do at extra cost but there is one called All about W8 which can b done online/post, very similar. Cambridge is better though. Good luck, I goin back on CD Tue after bein real bad!!

Hi,bdont give up, I know it's very hard. Try and get a CD consultant to come to you, some do at extra cost but there is one called All about W8 which can b done online/post, very similar. Cambridge is better though. Good luck, I goin back on CD Tue after bein real bad!!

Thanks Pompool :) I have started Cambridge and got 2 weeks worth of food.. but i am thinking of changing to Slim and Save simply because when i went to see my CDC it was a lot further than I thought and is impossible for me to get to weekly.... I wont give up though :)

Back