Any advice?

lesleyanne

Hello
I was wondering wether anyone would be prepared to look at my food diary and advise where I am going wrong...My weight loss is SO slow and I am so frustrated!
I don't want to do a food diary like our group leader wants as that makes no sense to me....but if I were to write out everything I ate in a day would someone be prepared to look through it and advise me? I am trying so hard but it just does not seem to worfor me like it has for others! Would prefer to have this conversation online rather than at group...I know quite a few people there in a professional capacity so it is not always easy to talk freely!

If you feel that you can't really open up in group perhaps you could swap to another one. .I'd begrudge paying and feeling like I'm not getting the help I want or need because of other members.

Doing the diary helped me when I started and I REALLY missed it when I stopped going to group. .It's so easy and helps keep track of HE & syns. It also identifies at a glance where you might be skimping on some SF.

I found 2 things gave my losses the kick up the backside I needed - serving sizes and eating only when I was hungry. Neither of which I had really thought about before. I always ate when I got up, at 12 noon and 6 pm - just because they were mealtimes. Now, I eat breakfast, dinner & tea when I'm hungry and I find I really enjoy my food so much more. I also serve myself less and only go back for left overs if I don't feel full. I got so used to eating everything on my plate that I never asked myself if I really needed it , , , , , I clearly didn't because I don't miss the larger servings and the bonus is that I have enough left to take to work for lunch the next day. Win, win.

Of course hun. Load it up and let's have a look and see if we can help xx

Thanks! Just typed it all up and lost it as I am new to the site.

Anyway here goes:

Breakfast:
Tea with milk HexA
Spanish Omelette made with eggs, potatoes and spring onions served with 4 cherry tomatoes and a thin slice of ham.
I grapefruit

11:00am:
Coffee with milk HexA

Lunch on the move
Tesco Salad - Lettuce/roast chicken pieces/pasta/tomatoes 300calories - I tried to find one with no dressing or mayo and this was my only option. Can't find it on the syns online....
Mullerlight Vanilla yoghurt for pudding!

A small bite of my daughter's Baklava and a bite of my husband's baklava! (3 SYNS)

4pm: Starbucks Skinny Hot Chocolate (3 SYNS) Can't find it online either

When I got in at 6:30 I snacked on last night's slimming world lasagne about 3 tablespoons full!

Tonight we are having:
Roast Chicken roast potatoes roast onion roast butternut and cabbage with gravy (1 SYN)

I am currently having 150 ml of white wine!

Can you see anything grossly wrong here?????? I am happy to type up yesterdays food too if you think it will help!!!

Perhaps not any superfree with lunch today???? Should I have had a banana with that meal????

Grateful for any input!

Thanks munchkins for your advice...Not possible to swap groups....unfortunately....
Problm is I am hugely addicted to food ...this is my first ever diet...so baby steps...just trying to stick to the plan. I over eat at the moment as I am so scared of snacking between meals. I live in a staffroom of cake and treats so I find if I eat properly (and probably too much!) at meals I can say no to treats!

Hey, is it EE you are following?
Just a few things...you may be doing them but always good to check.

Are you measuring your Healthy Extra's?

Have you synned your wine?

As for superfree (this is my own personal preference) make sure that 1/3 of your plate is saved for sf food as opposed to having my sf after or on a separate plate. 1/3 superfree is for me the most important rule of the plan as it really helps with my portion control.

As for lunch, I know there's no dressing but sometimes there are sneaky syns in prepacked things (though it seems unlikely with a plain salad but perhaps the chicken or pasta were cooked in oil). I would definitely recommend trying to make your own packed lunch and taking it with you when you're on the move.

You might want to start a food diary in the food diary sub forum. There are loads of people who are happy to look in on you and help give pointers.

Good luck :)

lesleyanne said:
Thanks! Just typed it all up and lost it as I am new to the site.

Anyway here goes:

Breakfast:
Tea with milk HexA
Spanish Omelette made with eggs, potatoes and spring onions served with 4 cherry tomatoes and a thin slice of ham.
I grapefruit

11:00am:
Coffee with milk HexA

Lunch on the move
Tesco Salad - Lettuce/roast chicken pieces/pasta/tomatoes 300calories - I tried to find one with no dressing or mayo and this was my only option. Can't find it on the syns online....
Mullerlight Vanilla yoghurt for pudding!

A small bite of my daughter's Baklava and a bite of my husband's baklava! (3 SYNS)

4pm: Starbucks Skinny Hot Chocolate (3 SYNS) Can't find it online either

When I got in at 6:30 I snacked on last night's slimming world lasagne about 3 tablespoons full!

Tonight we are having:
Roast Chicken roast potatoes roast onion roast butternut and cabbage with gravy (1 SYN)

I am currently having 150 ml of white wine!
!

As a general theme, no enough superfree for me but actually I think your biggest problem is you are underestimating the syns. The hot chocolate will be more like 6 syns at least. Your glass of wine is 5. You gravy is 2 syns unless you had a tiny amount. That's 13 before you take into account the syns in the salad at lunch that could be as many as 15! Plus the 3 in this baklava
Plus - was there cheese on the lasagne? In which case you need a couple of syns for that.

I also can't see your healthy B in there at all.

OK...thanks for pointing that all out! Tomorrow I will try to be much stricter! You are right in thinking that I am just estimating....and underestimating syns and healthy extras.
Do I need to have Healthy B...even if I don't want it?
Surely that is a waste? What is Healthy B for? I used to have 2 slices of toast (small wholemeal as per the rules) but I thopught that I should cut bread out. I can have a tablespoon of olive oil instead???? Really?

I can always remember my WW leader telling us to be careful of the pre packed salads/fruits as they use something to sustain the freshness in the vaccum packs. I learned something about fruit last week, for weeks I was buying the pre packed pomegranate seeds from Asda for £1, they have 3 SYNS in them ..... now I avoid them and buy fresh fruit only

Definitely agree with Jezzi, writing it down makes you accountable for what happens with the scales. You can't get away from what you've eaten and how it's affected your loss/gain. I really would recommend a food diary, even for the first few months. Granted, I've been doing SW from March and still have a food diary lol!

I just find the layout of the Slimming World Food Diary nonsensical. I need to see that each meal is balanced and the Slimming World format does not allow that. I did not go to group yesterday as I have been on holiday and synned greatly....so will go next week and pick up some diaries and try again.
I can see that although I am changing my eating habits/the way I cook things etc and I have lost a stone in 3 months...if I want to lose more quickly I am going to have to be MUCH stricter and obviously EVERY SYN counts!

lesleyanne said:
I just find the layout of the Slimming World Food Diary nonsensical. I need to see that each meal is balanced and the Slimming World format does not allow that. I did not go to group yesterday as I have been on holiday and synned greatly....so will go next week and pick up some diaries and try again.
I can see that although I am changing my eating habits/the way I cook things etc and I have lost a stone in 3 months...if I want to lose more quickly I am going to have to be MUCH stricter and obviously EVERY SYN counts!

I actually agree with you on the format of the SW paper diary. It has never made any sense to me. The superfree box is too small for one thing. The free food box is too big. Plus it doesn't allow a consultant to see how much of a meal is superfree!

You could always make your own version up?

Thanks so much for all your input! I will look at some of them and perhaps do an online diary....I need to ask about HEX B....Do I really need to eat it? I get fibre in my veges....What reason do I ned to have it if I don't want to eat it? If I make a salad dressing with Olive oil and have a tablespoon of that I guess that counts as my HEXB???

I don't know the specific reason as to why you're supposed to have it, I can only assume it's to ensure you're getting enough fibre and a well balanced diet.
I didn't always use mine when I first started, now I would rather die (slight exaggeration) than miss mine. I'm sure you could use olive oil (I personally wasn't aware it was a HE but then again I'm a creature of habit and use the same ones over and over) and would say to go for it if it's the only way you can fit your HE in :)

Texty_F said:
I can always remember my WW leader telling us to be careful of the pre packed salads/fruits as they use something to sustain the freshness in the vaccum packs. I learned something about fruit last week, for weeks I was buying the pre packed pomegranate seeds from Asda for £1, they have 3 SYNS in them ..... now I avoid them and buy fresh fruit only

Why are the pomegranate seeds 3 syns? Surely they are just pomegranate seeds, or did they have sugar in?

Back