Any alternative to fibreclear... (poo thread)

OH DEAR GOD!... now I know what you've all been talking about..:sick0019:

And that's all I have to say about that!:eek:

Moomin... I had dulcolax and oh my god I was doubled up, don't get me wrong it worked, but I had to use a hot water bottle to try and ease the pain...

Your not alone there lol

I had the terrible pains but then still nothing for about another 6 hours!!!!
I will NEVER take those again but I have to say I was fine at the start but now in week 5 Im finding it impossible to go :(
What do people recommend?

Maybe the creators of these vlcd meals should consider adding more fibre to them? What I have read in this thread has put me off ever trying one :eek:

Im gonna try that cat - just wondered if anyone else had any other sucesses in case im still in trouble!

As I've mentioned previously, I've been using Exante bars on the occassions that I can't have a shake.....they have added fibre and I haven't had problems with constipation recently. I also had a colonic a few weeks back but I'm not sure what effect that has long-term......

Moomin.... Pysillium husk is the best buy take it regular xx

I have a few questions please clever people:

1) How do i take the psyllium?
2) Does it have a taste?
3) Does it have to go in water?
4) How much at a time?
5) Can i add it to my shake?

I think that's it for now, so thank you in advance x x x

Su....

I havnt had it, while I've been on this diet, due to the fact I have it in orange juice...

Let me explain... Pysillium husk, does not disolve... I like it in orange juice as it has the consistency like the juicy bits in orange juice. My OH has it in ice cold water in a small glass so it goes down quicker, then have a nice warm drink afterwards...

I would recommend 2.5 teaspoons but you can work yourself up to that...

Don't let it sit either, it will start to turn to jelly... Drink it as quick as you can... This is why I wouldn't mix it with a shake...

Also if you have it in water, I think it tastes a little like weetabix...

Su....

I havnt had it, while I've been on this diet, due to the fact I have it in orange juice...

Let me explain... Pysillium husk, does not disolve... I like it in orange juice as it has the consistency like the juicy bits in orange juice. My OH has it in ice cold water in a small glass so it goes down quicker, then have a nice warm drink afterwards...

I would recommend 2.5 teaspoons but you can work yourself up to that...

Don't let it sit either, it will start to turn to jelly... Drink it as quick as you can... This is why I wouldn't mix it with a shake...

Also if you have it in water, I think it tastes a little like weetabix...

Thank you hun.. It sounds very appealing (not!! lol)
I will let you know how i get on, so you can have a good laugh!!
Thanks again for all your help hun x x x

Well never when i started Lipotrim did I think I would be replyin to a "POO thread".
But I so totally get what you are all saying :ashamed0005:
Its not a good feelin at all.Why is there not enough fiber in it to at least help. I think I lost 10lbs with the pure stress!! lol its funny no yeah but at the time i though where is the diarrhoea when i need it.lol

Lydiaxx

What Amanda said...but definitely work your way up to that dose. I have it in my morning orange juice, have had it sprinkled on the top of cereal and have had it in yoghurt's (a teaspoon to a yoghurt)The viscosity of the yoghurt means its slower to start bulking up...I dont find it has a taste but have never tried it in water. If you go back down the thread you will find where I get mine from cheap cheap cheap

Last edited:
Thanks Cat.. It arrived this morning so am going to have a go!! I must say i am very impressed with their speedy delivery.

Does it sound ok if i have 1 teaspoon in water every morning? Or should i try more or at a different time of day?

I am scared now!! lol

Thanks Cat and Amanda x x

I have just been reading this poo post and have been giggling.....people at work are looking at me funny!!:p

I totally vouch that Psyllium Husks is the best thing...I used to suffer from constipation and my mil (who only believes in asian herbal stuff) gave me to have. To me it did not taste too bad with water...I had one teaspoon and within a couple of hours I felt releaved!!!

So far on LT I have been ok....but I think I will be needing it soon......
Su I hope it helps and Cat thanks for the advise.....great to know that I wasn't given anything by my mil that would have killed me!!! LOL!!! Happy pooing!! I know I am going to be going there soon too!! :sick0019:

Thanks Cat.. It arrived this morning so am going to have a go!! I must say i am very impressed with their speedy delivery.

Does it sound ok if i have 1 teaspoon in water every morning? Or should i try more or at a different time of day?

I am scared now!! lol

Thanks Cat and Amanda x x

I agree the seller is extremely good, my very first order of spices from them arrived the next day, excellent quality excellent service or I wouldn't have used them again.

I started off with a heaped teaspoon in juice each morning (water will be fine) as I really didn't know how quickly it worked on me. I did try altering times but quickly learned a lesson not to have it later than midday unless I fancied a 2am toilet call (funkystrut with now be crying with laughter I imagine!!)

I guess its a case of trying to work out what works best for you. I now have a tablespoon on alternate mornings and that works fine for me but I never was "constipated". Start with a teaspoon and work your way up to where it works best for you...There! done without TMI

Thanks cat crazy - I got some too and wooohoooo ive been!!!!
I couldnt be prouder of myself lol

Back