Any CDCs about ??

debz32

Gold Member
have a quick question....

Yep!

Thanks Mike - have txted Linda but she must be busy...have a man on 1 aspirin per day who wants to do 1000cals...is he OK to proceed without MRF ??

no heart probs but just takes this tab...self prescribed...

ta

Debz
xx

Yup, I'm here too!

Thanks Mike - have txted Linda but she must be busy...have a man on 1 aspirin per day who wants to do 1000cals...is he OK to proceed without MRF ??

no heart probs but just takes this tab...self prescribed...

ta

Debz
xx

Yup, I'm here too!

thanx Kate....see question......

Debz
xx

Self prescribed...what on earth does he take it for?

I would say yes, but then it would depend on his reasons for taking an aspirin a day.

I would say yes, but then it would depend on his reasons for taking an aspirin a day.

he read that it's good to take one every day....:confused::rolleyes:....

thanks Kate - that's what I thought...but just wanted to check...does seem a bit weird.....:confused:

oh well takes all sorts.....

Debz
x

PS - Good luck with the TT Mike :)...who needs Golden Balls when you've got abs of steel !!!

In that case he's fine to do 1000 calories, but do see if you can persuade him to give up his aspirin habit if he doesn't have any medical conditions that require it - he should actually talk to his doctor about this. It's not as good for him as he thinks.

Hi Debz

low dose aspirin i.e. 75mg is good for "thinning the blood" and can help prevent strokes etc. However normal aspirin is usually 300mg. Aspirin can cause stomach bleeds so if he is on sole source he might want to reconsider especially as it is self prescribed and is not strictly needed for any existing condition.

Alex

Hmm actually I should probably just clarify this point for anyone reading the thread - there are a few different reasons why a daily aspirin might be beneficial for some people, but it's not appropriate for everyone and it's certainly not something you should self-prescribe. :)

Edited to add: sorry Alex, posted at the same time as you, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered as you have it covered :)

Yes he is fine as it isn't prescriptive and his GP hasn't told him too, I would put him on 1200 anyway to be honest as 1000 is tough for a guy to do and then recommend he pops and sees his GP anyway for a general check up and to discuss Aspirin.

M.

In that case he's fine to do 1000 calories, but do see if you can persuade him to give up his aspirin habit if he doesn't have any medical conditions that require it - he should actually talk to his doctor about this. It's not as good for him as he thinks.

Hi Debz

low dose aspirin i.e. 75mg is good for "thinning the blood" and can help prevent strokes etc. However normal aspirin is usually 300mg. Aspirin can cause stomach bleeds so if he is on sole source he might want to reconsider especially as it is self prescribed and is not strictly needed for any existing condition.

Alex

Hmm actually I should probably just clarify this point for anyone reading the thread - there are a few different reasons why a daily aspirin might be beneficial for some people, but it's not appropriate for everyone and it's certainly not something you should self-prescribe. :)

Edited to add: sorry Alex, posted at the same time as you, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered as you have it covered :)

Yes he is fine as it isn't prescriptive and his GP hasn't told him too, I would put him on 1200 anyway to be honest as 1000 is tough for a guy to do and then recommend he pops and sees his GP anyway for a general check up and to discuss Aspirin.

M.

THANKS !! You guys are FAB :D:D

will do my best re 1200...and kicking the Aspirin habit !

Debz
x

definitely kick the aspirin habit! My dad was told years ago to take one when he plays golf to relieve any aches he may get - been doing it for years and now he's retired plays golf 4-5 times per week. Ended up with a stomach ulcer :(

for two of my pregnancies i was prescribed 1 aspirin a day. it thins the blood a wee bit a reduces the risk of heart disease and DVT and stuff especially for older people.

he read that it's good to take one every day....:confused::rolleyes:....

I've met quite a lot of patients through my nursing work (rather than midwifery!) who do this too, it's suprisingly common!!

I've met quite a lot of patients through my nursing work (rather than midwifery!) who do this too, it's suprisingly common!!

Thanks !

must admit I thought it was a bit strange....:rolleyes:

good to know that others are doing this too.....

glad you had a FAB hen day !! good luck for the wedding....

love

Debz
xx

Thanks !

must admit I thought it was a bit strange....:rolleyes:

good to know that others are doing this too.....

glad you had a FAB hen day !! good luck for the wedding....

love

Debz
xx

Thank you Debz, it was a wonderful wonderful day!!

Yeah, just 20 days to go now!!! And SSing all the way until the night before as my dress is still too small - but only by an inch so hopefully 20 days of SS will do the trick!

Back