Any good books out there?

dublinrose

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good book about getting my head sorted for weight loss?

I have no problem eating right and doing exercise but I find I am not in the right head space and I lose the momentum.

I really need to work out why I am self sabotaging all the time and get my head in the right place to keep going for the long haul.

Hi hun, the book that i would recommend is 'You Can Be Thin' by Marisa Peer. Its written in a hypnotic style (MP is a hypnotherapist) and its helped me so much to change my whole mindset when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off.

She focuses on how to maintain weight loss as well as losing weight. The book covers topics such as changing your language, visualisation techniques, types of eating (emotional, habitual, etc.), how to overcome cravings, the choices you make and much more.

Its best to keep reading the book and listening to the CD for at least 21 days. MP mentions in the book that it takes a minimum of 21 days for the brain to create new pathways of learning something new and then 21 days for it to diminish.

I felt the effects straight away, they were subtle but you just know its working. It also has a CD to reinforce what you have read in the book.

There is also another book called 'The Beck Diet Solution' which uses CBT to help changing your thoughts and then that changes your actions. I think there are a few threads about this book in the forums, you should be able to find them if you do a quick search.

I hope i have been of some help xxx

Last edited:
I would second the Beck Diet Solution.

Also enjoyed "Eating Less, say goodbye to overeating" by Gillian Riley. It focusses on non-scale motivation, thinking about your health and wellbeing rather than numbers on the scales which can upset your motivation if you focus on them too much.

HTH

Thanks guys...never heard of any of those so will deffo check them out. Really need the help. I am usually very good but I find all it takes is someone to open a packet of sweets or biscuits and all my resolve goes :( Hopefully the books will help.

Another author to look for is Linda Spangles. One of her books has been turned into an iPhone app called 100 days of Weight loss. Well worth checking out.

Back