Red Day Any great loss?

Neveragain

Hi, I am just coming off my 3rd day increase of white fish and tomorrow will be heading into 3 days of red days to see if that gives me a boost in my weigh loss and help changes this up ( been having the same things over again) .

I have never done red days before and I have been reading up on it but I have not found alot of comments about the weight loss regarding red days.

Has anyone or anyone on red days, had a good weight loss? How much more than from doing EE or green?
Thanks in advance

I know that traditionally on the old plans the red days were very successful for many people. Why SW cut the red and green days out is a mystery to many but if you have all the info then give it a go and see. To my eye it's not that different to an SP day anyway!!

I was thinking that too. when I was trying to compare the two. They are similar but the sp dont push the meat side of the protein as much. as the red days do. I'm mainly doing it to see if the bloating is due to the potatoes, rice and other carbs etc
Thanks for replying, first day on and it doesnt seem so bad, looking forward to my second bowl of 2 x weetabixs tho, just halved the milk for two bowls since you are allowed 2 healthy extra B's lol Can't be bad!

I do red days due to the fact I can stick to extra easy an not lose a thing but with red I easily lose 1/2lb a week I'm not a totally good girl on it that's why mine are small but my friend dose red and the odd green an loses
A good 2 to 4lb a week I like the old days let me know how weigh in goes

Thanks @Sexyshell135 I will do, I have to say I am liking it having the extra healthy B two bowls of weetabix at the moment, splitting the milk allowance which is even better because its making me measure it so I have enough for my second bowl lol.

But first time in a long time my tummy isnt bloated so I think my over use on potatoes is the problem. Its funny how this plan teaches you things. Realised I have come very co-dependant on potatoes alone, I have always felt not having any type of potato whether jacket, chips, roasties or pasta I am going to be starving and eat something afterwards so I would be eating more, you know.

but yesterday I made boiled eggs and just snacked on one with cucumbers and tomatoes inbetween breakfast and lunch and had my 2nd bowl of weetabix between lunch and tea and then boiled egg with cucumbers and tomatoes again for supper, and I was fine without potatoes!

so its really opening my mind up and helping me see food differently, inside of using it as a mood helper its just fueling my body. Felt happier to walk the dogs yesterday because I wasnt walking around with a water balloon in my stomach as I can tell it effects my breathing and I dont enjoy it as much. But having hardly any bloating since it was only my first day on red day, i felt great and could go longer, but needed a wee lol from all the water I had drank.

So into day two now and I'm looking forward to weigh in on wednesday to see how my body has coped with the increase in fish and red days. Just for bloating sake, I think I am going to stick with 3 days red and 1 day extra easy and then 3 days of red again and see how that helps with my body and weight loss :)

Instead of potatoe use butter nut squash an rice can be changed for cauliflower grated in the microwave for a few minutes an fry it up with onions mushrooms peppers etc ( I have not tried this yet) an I also find a great thing is courgetti spaghetti an tesco do a butternut squash on I snack on cold meats fruit an yoghurts I have fish tonight with roasted veg an some extra stir fryed veg so I don't get hungry, they do also say you can have two a's on red an green but I often stick to one. I wish slimming world dos keep the old plans as well as extra easy as the one plan dose not work for everyone I am lucky to have a consultant who has no problem with me doing the old plans. Ohhhhhh can not wait for your weigh in what is you average loss a week?

Nice thank you, I'll have a look into that thank you. Nice consultant! I haven't told mine I'm doing this yet as I feel she is very pro easy plan and sp days. So me been the "black sheep" especially to the new members which most will only know as easy plan and thats it, I have a feeling she might not want me to confuse them. I was losing on average 1-4lbs per week so its was all over, but the last 3 weeks its been constant 2.5lbs only last week was 2lbs, which is really good im pleased.
but its walking around bloated all the time, no one sees the difference and most of the time I dont see a difference as im that bloated out, its getting me down and getting frustrated.
whats the point in losing nearly 3 stone and not seeing a difference?! So today has been really good, no bloating at all I'm happy!

My friend dose the red days as she has a under active thyroid an tried extra easy an felt bery bloated, my consultant is nice I think that's why I've stayed so long this time an it's a nice group but I think slimming world should bring back the option of these other plans for people that find it hard to do extra easy

Hi, I do red days. I used to do EE before and lost weight but slowly. I think the problem with EE is they say fill up on Rice, Potatoes and Pasta and so that is exactly what I did. My portion control was questionable but I wasn't in any rush. Like a lot of people when I stopped, the weight crept back on. Now I don't have the luxury of time as my daughter is getting married in October so I thought I would try Red to limit my carbs, plus I also have an underactive thyroid. I am only 3 weeks into it, I don't always get to eat the second HEXB (but I am getting better at that) and although it takes a while to get used to it I know I have lost half a stone so it's a fair start. Wednesday is my WI day so I will know more then. I hope you get on well with it :)

My friend dose the red days as she has a under active thyroid an tried extra easy an felt bery bloated, my consultant is nice I think that's why I've stayed so long this time an it's a nice group but I think slimming world should bring back the option of these other plans for people that find it hard to do extra easy

Yeah thats the reason I have stuck with this group too, I laugh and have a good time and been very isolated with my work I need it to bring me back to civilization lol. Seeing peoples faces when then talk instead of through emails, message and text lol so group is bringing me out of my shell alittle but you are right, they should embrace red and green more as it was known it worked. All 3 plans works for different people as we cant all fit into one mould

Hi, I do red days. I used to do EE before and lost weight but slowly. I think the problem with EE is they say fill up on Rice, Potatoes and Pasta and so that is exactly what I did. My portion control was questionable but I wasn't in any rush. Like a lot of people when I stopped, the weight crept back on. Now I don't have the luxury of time as my daughter is getting married in October so I thought I would try Red to limit my carbs, plus I also have an underactive thyroid. I am only 3 weeks into it, I don't always get to eat the second HEXB (but I am getting better at that) and although it takes a while to get used to it I know I have lost half a stone so it's a fair start. Wednesday is my WI day so I will know more then. I hope you get on well with it :)

Hi Jeanne, congratulations on your weight loss so far, nothing more motivating then wedding photos ;) go for it! My weigh in is on wednesday also so im very excited what the scales will say as I haven't got a clue and only been on it for 2 days and last red day tomorrow, but have done an increase of white fish on the rest of the days so I have done 3 things to change my plan this week, eating completely different and new meals, increase of fish and 3 red days. I'm hoping its a good result because at the moment it feels like ive sacrificed certain favourite meals to have a shift in the scales as well as bloating.

" I think the problem with EE is they say fill up on Rice, Potatoes and Pasta and so that is exactly what I did."

This was exactly what Ive struggled with on SW. As a veggie i was always just "told" to do green and I always gained weight.

Ive just restarted and I am actually trying to do more red type days but not sure of the actual plan/food list for it so doing EE but leaving out pasta, rice and potatoes. Anyone have food lists/rules/guidance for proper red days? x

" I think the problem with EE is they say fill up on Rice, Potatoes and Pasta and so that is exactly what I did."

This was exactly what Ive struggled with on SW. As a veggie i was always just "told" to do green and I always gained weight.

Ive just restarted and I am actually trying to do more red type days but not sure of the actual plan/food list for it so doing EE but leaving out pasta, rice and potatoes. Anyone have food lists/rules/guidance for proper red days? x

Hi Beelishy! I didnt and still dont know the whole ins and outs of red days as its hard to find the "official" information, just from peoples posts, blogs and meal plans. But what I have taken from the information I've found is 5% mince, turkey, pork, chicken, bacon, fish and seafood (normal free meats), fruits and veg (apart from potatoes, parsnips, sweetcorn, peas) eggs, fat free yogurt, your healthy extra A or (two) and 2 x healthy extra b. you can have potatoes, rice and pasta but you have to syn it or you use potatoes for healthy extra b.
but meals i have done so far is chili con carne without kidney beans on a bed of veg or use gem lettuce to make wraps, Chicken and stir fry, Omelette with either ham, bacon with speed food, sw quiche with either bacon or ham. Ham and egg salad, chicken Cesar salad, cottage pie with carrot mash, tuna salad, made boiled eggs to snack on throughout the day. low syned sausages eggs and bacon with tinned tomatoes.

Other meals ideas can be tuna steak or gammon with heap of veg, soup or chicken wraps with bfree wraps pricey but only in asda, £2.80 for 6 wraps, in the free from range and can be used as your healthy extra B too (1 x wrap) Still looking for more recipes because if it works and had a good loss on wednesday, I will be looking for more recipes. Im not a fish or seafood person, but I am willing to try and venture out and explore :)

I have a food diary with mostly red days I have things like meat an veg or salad an fish stews without having potatoe, steak with fried mushrooms peppers an onions an a big salad, homemade burger with salad an as I said use butternut squash to make chips, bbq pulled pork with coleslaw an salad

Hiya, just got weighed this morning and lost 4lbs! no bloating and got a good loss and got my 3stone award! it has confirmed that I should do 4 days extra easy so Wednesday till Saturday and then Sunday to Tuesday red days . I am loving the second healthy b choice tho. Two bowls of weetabix, seems naughty but good! but now I know its working, I can start planning more foods on red days, so I can swap and change my meals and 2nd healthy b.
I didnt want to buy in loads of stuff to make red day meals and snacks if I didnt work. But now I can plan for this week red meals! Got slimmer of the week too!!

That's great just goes to show you the old plans work every week at least one or two people in the class moan about slow weight loss an I wish these plans were still available to help them

Hiya, just got weighed this morning and lost 4lbs! no bloating and got a good loss and got my 3stone award! it has confirmed that I should do 4 days extra easy so Wednesday till Saturday and then Sunday to Tuesday red days . I am loving the second healthy b choice tho. Two bowls of weetabix, seems naughty but good! but now I know its working, I can start planning more foods on red days, so I can swap and change my meals and 2nd healthy b.
I didnt want to buy in loads of stuff to make red day meals and snacks if I didnt work. But now I can plan for this week red meals! Got slimmer of the week too!!
Well done on 4lb off what a great result!

Congrats on your three stone award:0clapper::winner::thankyouthankyou:

Back