Any hairy ladies out there?

LOL @ all the minni talk (first time I've heard that term for 'it')

I've found that as I've got lighter, so has hair growth. Particularly face and neck area, yay!

Always been too shy to get waxing done at a salon, always done any waxing at home, myself. Saved me a bit of cash, s'pose...

Ooooh how brave are you - self waxing.....:eek::eek: I would end up lob-sided cos it hurts so bad I would just stop...!!! That's why I don't get my bikini line done anymore.... it hurts so bad I just want to say stop right now.... I'll immac the rest.... well I couldn't leave it lob-sided now could I....;) (sorry Annie.... I'm lowering the tone.... again...:rolleyes: I'll sush now...!!)

Ooooh how brave are you - self waxing.....:eek::eek: I would end up lob-sided cos it hurts so bad I would just stop...!!! That's why I don't get my bikini line done anymore.... it hurts so bad I just want to say stop right now.... I'll immac the rest.... well I couldn't leave it lob-sided now could I....;) (sorry Annie.... I'm lowering the tone.... again...:rolleyes: I'll sush now...!!)

...was was I admitting to bikini waxing...? LOL

Oh, ok then, I have done that too! it's not too bad if you know what to do, pre, during and post treatment.

Waxing anywhere else has always been quite easy and painless, in my experience.

Plus you get some idea of when to expect the 'rip' from the wax strip. I am not sure I could have anyone else do it for me after all these years.

...was was I admitting to bikini waxing...? LOL

Oh, ok then, I have done that too! it's not too bad if you know what to do, pre, during and post treatment.

Waxing anywhere else has always been quite easy and painless, in my experience.

Plus you get some idea of when to expect the 'rip' from the wax strip. I am not sure I could have anyone else do it for me after all these years.

I take my hat off to you whatever kind of waxing... I am such a baby... I'm flinching before she's even ripped the strips off.... I do her head in.... and my eyes water every single time... god it hurts so much - my eyebrows are fine but the lip and chin never get any easier.... but then it's a minute of pain or a beard... mmmmm tough one...lol:rolleyes:;)

I've never had my legs waxed- I wreckon they'd charge me quadruple co s me legs are so big.
I get my eyebrows waxed. Hurts like ' uggery but takes years off!!

hm, life would be easier if i learned to love my body hair, LOL

I have heard that painkillers an hour before waxing helps? Not tried it myself, though.

PS, kitteh, your poor friend, ouch!!!

I was self waxing my minnie, and caused some nasty bruising in my groins where I had ripped the wax strips off too quickly. Not an attractive look! So then I went the immac route. But I got bored waiting so sat down to read a book while the imaac did it's job. I washed it off and found I had got a mohecan! The fat on my thighs had spread the imaac all over my fluffy bits so nearly ALL the hair was taken off! LOL!!!

Oh Big Bird you've made me ROLFL!
Oh and I meant I get my eyebrows threaded-not waxed!!

Does getting them threaded hurt less?

Another funny re imaac; I had to have gynae surgery which involved stirrups. Not wishing to go in with all bared and looking like ape woman I decied to imaac on through rather than have 'razer rash'. Mistake. The nether regions are very tender and after only 2 mins I could feel burning underneath and around my tail end. I quickly washed it off to find I had red burn marks there! It looked like I had nappy rash! LOL! Surgery the next day - not a good look.

I find threading hurts 10x more than waxing. I tried threading 3x and i was in such pain. For me it also lasted for less than when i got waxed.

I do usually go for waxings but havent been bothered.... But I've had brazilians and hollywoods which completely add a new dimension to pain threshold...
I gave birth to my 2nd child with no pain relief at all and in my opinion waxing minni area is far far far more painful...

BB pmsl at your wonky minni, which was a mohicmin :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

There is no way I would contort myself into those positions needed to have hair ripped out by the roots! I would much rather give birth, and that felt like I was trying to poo a concrete watermelon!:sign0137:

Here's a nobody knows but my DH confession - one of the reasons I started CD was because of an Immac incident.

I was on my hols and used immac shower on my bikini line. I was in a game reserve and used the water in the shower to rinse it off and ended up with 3rd degree burns! I knew it was sore at the time and thought it would be OK but next morning was in agony - couldn't walk or put clothes on. They called a doctor (100 miles away) and he said yes it happens all the time there's a reaction with the water which comes from the well.

But when he had to look, he had to lift my stomach out of the way as I was 4stone overweight and as I'm 5ft 3 and it was all on my tum, that was a serious roll of fat. The chafing aginst the burns was agony and the fat kept taking the burns cream off.

I turned to DH and said that's it - I'm losing the weight.

I came back of my hols and asked my doc to refer me for gastric surgery, while I was waiting read about CD tried it and the rest is history.

Never used immac since!

:D Thanks for the laugh ladies, boy am i glad to be a man :p

Hey!! Men get shaved too! Beckham gets a back, crack and sack job done I do believe!:eek:

Well this thread has def put a smile on my face.

I seriously couldn't wax myself though - I'd have a 'wonky' as I'd only do so much and stop --- I'll stick to getting it done at the beauty place down the road ;)

This thread has made me laugh so much! You are all nuts for sure! Only tried self-waxing (legs) once did one, oh the pain, ended up shaving the other one.

Only got a couple of sprouty hairs on my chin which i pluck when i notice them getting longer. I thought it was my age and hormones (late forties) but will keep my eye on them as i lose weight to see if they grow more slowly.

Thanks again girls...

Great thread!!

I tried waxing my bikini area once and it was agony!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with facial hair. My Ma says I come from a long line of hairy women. Haha. It's quite embarrassing though. I'm afraid to get it waxed incase it hurts and would seriously consider that laser hair removal if I could afford it. I get really paranoid the pupils in my classes notice it. I remember how mean they were when I was at school about hairy teachers.

I saw this some time ago, and it seems pertinent!
A long joke....

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax.

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner, play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: 'Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet.' So I headed to the site of my demise: the bathroom.

It was one of those 'cold wax' kits. No melting a clump of wax, you just rub the strips together in your hand, they get warm and you peel them apart and press them to your leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off. No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm not a genius but I am mechanically inclined enough to figure this out. (Ya think!?!)

So I pull one of the thin strips out. It's two strips facing each other stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so I get out the hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees (cold wax, yeah, right).

I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin tight and pull.

It works! Okay, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this! Hair removal no longer eludes me! I am She-Rah, fighter of all wayward body hair and maker of smooth skin extraordinaire.

With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the kids, I sneak back into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting championship.

I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet. Using the same procedure, I apply the one strip across the right side of my bikini line, covering the right half of my 'hoo-hoo' and stretching down to the inside of my butt cheek (yes, it was a long strip) I inhale deeply and brace myself.....RRRRIIIIIPPPPP!!!!!

I'm blind!!! Blinded from pain!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the strip. CRAP!!!!

Another deep breath and RRIIPP!!! Everything is whirly and spotted. I think I may pass out...must stay conscious...Do I hear crashing drums???

Breath, breathe...okay, back to normal.

I want to see my trophy - a wax covered strip, the one that has caused me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel in the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip! There's no hair on it. Where is the hair??? WHERE IS THE WAX???

Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see the hair. The hair that should be on the strip. I touch. I am touching wax.

CRAP!!! I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and matted hair. Then I make the next BIG mistake...remember my foot is still propped up on the toilet? I know I need to do something. So I put my foot down.

DANG!!! I hear the slamming of a cell door. 'Hoo hoo'?? sealed shut! Butt?? sealed shut! I penguin-walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and think to myself, 'please don't let me get the urge to poop. My head may pop off!' What can I do to melt the wax? Hot water!!! Hot water melts wax!!

I decide to run the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, then immerse the wax-covered bits so that the water can melt it and I can gently wipe it off, right??? WRONG!!!!!

I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit. Now, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued together is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the tub.in scalding hot water. Which, by the way, does not melt cold wax.

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had cemented myself to the porcelain!!!

God bless the man who had convinced me a few months earlier to have a phone put in the bathroom!!!! I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has some secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter.

'So, my butt and hoo-hoo are glued together to the bottom of the tub!!' There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for removal but she does try to hide her laughter from me. She wants to know exactly where the wax is located, 'are we talking cheeks or hoo-hoo?'

I can hear her laughing out loud by now. I give her the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box. YEAH RIGHT!!! I should be the joke of someone else's night.

While we go through various solutions, I resort to scraping the wax off with a razor. Nothing feels better than to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super-hot water and then dry-shaving the sticky wax off!!!

By now the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Post-Traumatic Stress counselling for this event.

My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving grace...the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax. What do I really have to lose at this point? I rub some on and OH MY GOD!!! The scream probably woke the kids and scared the dickens out of my friend. It's sooo painful, but I really don't care. IT WORKS!!! It works!!!

I get a hearty congratulations from my friend and she hangs up.

I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my despair...THE HAIR IS STILL THERE...ALL OF IT!!!

So I recklessly shave it off. Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing hurts. I could have amputated my own leg at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair colour...

Back