Excessive hair growth?

Carly1990

Hi. Iam looking for abit of advice. Recently I've noticed a change in my hair growth/colour. By this I mean I've started getting black hairs on my chin which I am having to pluck every few days and the hair above my lip has started getting quite dark so I am also having to pluck that too and try cover it with makeup. Up until 5-6 weeks ago I never had this chin hair and the upper lip hair has always been fair and not noticeable. Also I have started getting quite a lot of black hairs just below my belly button aswell which I am having to try shave but come back relatively quick. Does anyone have any experience or advice as to why this has started happening to me? I am 26. My partner has suggested I visit the doctor to get my hormone levels checked(he works in a doctors surgery) any help would be really appreciated. Thanks :)

Hope your blood panel came back fine. You might like to take a look at this video regarding hormones and body hairs:

Hi Carly
Please read up on Polycystic ovarian syndrome, excessive thick hair is one of the symptoms. If you feel you may have it, go ahead and book a gp appointment.

Back