Any hairy ladies out there?

I haven't had a problem with wonkiness, just the occasional
'gawd, I didn't mean for all that to disapper...!':eek:

lesley cambridge.... That is THE funniest thing I have read for a long long time! Thanks!!

bump ;so you can read lesley cambridge's post!

Hello! I'm hairy but luckily, I'm fair haired so it's not so bad.

I have PCOS, which causes hairiness. I have a bugger on my chin that I tweeze like crazy and, er, some chest hairs. They're not really noticeable but I tweeze them too!

Hairs grrrr how annoying are they? I used to get my brazillion done at the salon but its soon adds up so now i just shave its much easier:)

cream burns my sensitive skin :(
I use a tonic called tend skin after shaving and then i dont itch :d

Lesley, that was a great post. Do you know any more?:D

I've got PCOS and was having Aculight to deal with my beard tash and burns, but it was crap and, at £65 a session, amounted to nothing more than an expensive shave. All joking aside, having facial hair is a serious business and was seriously impacting on my social life and self confidence. I think it's brill you are all discussing it here, cos the more we talk about it, the less people have to feel alone!

Have now had 3 sessions of LightSheer laser from here ShadiDanin - Hair, Scalp & Skin Clinic and the hair has more or less gone. Seriously. It was £120 a session, but it's just not grown back. Have one more session to go, then will only need maintenance, the odd zap here and there. I'm dead chuffed!

Threading - hurts like i don't know what, but the best thing for eyebrows. I think it's cos they get all the hairs, even the tiddly ones, but it lasts for way longer than waxing.

waxing - addicted to it - get a hollywood and a full leg every 6 weeks and won't be convinced otherwise. It actually doesn't hurt me anymore! I usually take ibuprofen and paracetamol 20 mins before my treatment and it's fine.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions on anything I've mentioned via PM.

Hey there I haven't had time to read all the threads so apologise if someone has already mentioned this but there is a contraceptive pill that is used to treat people like myself with PCOS that helps with hirsutism, its called Dianet (not sure of spelling!) I could never use it as blood pressure too high for combined pill but it is supposed to really help, maybe it would help you? Kx

I took this too - it did work, it lessened regrowth of hair once it had been removed by waxing. I can't take it anymore - I have focal migraines and could have had a stroke if i'd continued! Eek!

My daughter has just started on Dianette as above posts.

What did you think of Lesley Cambridges post? It was hilarious and I could feel every bit!

T4ME Claire!!!

Is this the thread you meant?

YES!!!

I just had to re read the thread and still laughed!

Don't know how i missed this thread before, have just read Lesly Cambridges post and I swear the nextdoor neighbours are wondering what I'm doing I laughed so loud!!!

I've only dared once have my minni waxed and only a little bit at that :eek: but I have to say, it was not so bad as having under my arms done, had tears rolling down my cheeks, never again :eek:

Well, ladies, I've just read it again too, and I've still got a huge grin and tears rolling down my cheeks.

I wish I could remember who originally sent it to me so that I could thank them regularly - it just never loses its power to make me laugh.

Let's keep it going, shall we?

I'm really dark haired, my arms are as someome described like baby downy hair, it's Yuk. The hairs on my legs grow at an astonishing rate, not too bad in winter I just wear tights - single girl can get away with it, but the summer I have to shave at least 3 times a week.

Tried getting my chin waxed, but I had a beard of spots to replace the hair it went all scabby, I now use facial creams, but they don't always work. I have really sensative skin so the only waxing I have is eyebrows, but still sometimes that flares up :sigh:

I did buy a home laser thing, cost me nearly £200 but stil haven't picked up the courage to use it, plus you have to grow the hair slightly :(

Back