Any middle-aged Lighter Lifers out there?!

Hiya Blonde Logic
Nice to hear from you!
10 stone...wow!
Answer me a question...How do you manage to go back on real food and not put weight on?
In many ways being on LL is easy cos its under strict control. I find it hard not going back on my old bad diet? How do you manage?
I will ask my counsellor tomorrow about the porridge, thanks!
Marie:cool:

Hiya Blonde Logic
Nice to hear from you!
10 stone...wow!
Answer me a question...How do you manage to go back on real food and not put weight on?
In many ways being on LL is easy cos its under strict control. I find it hard not going back on my old bad diet? How do you manage?
I will ask my counsellor tomorrow about the porridge, thanks!
Marie:cool:

Hi Marie:)

I followed RTM to a "T" and then changed my whole eating habits....a side effect of the diet! ;)

But, I found I did not want the things I used to have. After RTM, I just wanted healthier foods. I didn't want crisps - I wanted greek yogurt, etc. But, thats not to say I didn;t eat crisps.....but if I ate them "today" then I made sure I did not eat the "tomorrow". That rule applied to anything 'naughty.'

I also incorporated more exercise and physical activity into myday to day life. I realised, I HAD to. There is no way to maintain weight without it, so I gave in, and started walking etc. A lot. And often. ANd I grew to love it. Much to my surprise!!

Its all about changing our habits, and using the tools that we get in LL, and it does work - if we put the work into it. :)

Good luck middle aged ladies

Hi Ladies, I'm 55. I was obese for more than 25 years before doing LL.
Welcome back. You can do it again. I'm convinced RTM is Soooooooooo important
in maintenance success.
I've maintained for 7 months now. I've made up my own rule that if I want something "naughty" like Chocolate Fudge Cake- instead of denying myself -
I have 2 spoonfuls and then stop.
That way I still have the taste, it's often not as good as I thought it would be.
Works for me.

Hi all,
Have had a couple of quiet days to get me through and into ketosis!
BL great to have you on board, as you know you and SB are an inspiration to so many, your achievments and your attitude to maintenance are so positive!

How have you been last few days Marie? Do you have your weigh in tonight? Good Luck, will look forward to hear how you got on. My weigh in is tomorrow morning so will report in with result!!

How did you fare on your first day back on plan BL, can't tell you how pleased I am that your joining us on our journey[hope you take that in way intended].
Off to work now so will catch up later, have a good day girls.
xx

Hi Janey!

Its going GREAT! I am loving it - its really exciting to be abstaining again, because I know what joys are ahead of me!

Thanks for the comments about being inspirations - I know SB probably feels the same - if we can help even just one person, then thats the icing on the stuff we can't have! :D

I'm on day two - feeling good, and enjoying tha packs and the simplicity that comes with abstaining - no dishes, no cooking, no shopping....HEAVEN!!

THanks Janey!!! :) :)

xx

I absolutely agree with BL. She's doing the right thing by just getting back onto the packs to get that last bit gone and be able to come out shopping with me again!

Hi everybody,:)

Am pleased with my weight loss. I lost 9lbs, which is a good start!
I asked my counsellor about porridge BL and she said its ok to have as many as you want per day- so thats good news!
Nice to hear from you SB bet you have some good tips!
Look forward to hearing from you all soon and good luck Janey for tomorrow!
xxxx
Marie

Hi all,
Well done Marie on your 9lbs fantastic!! Well I am so pleased, 8.5lbs off, thought I had possibly blown a good weightloss with my little hiccup on day 3,but I know I am now on track so it's full speed ahead for me now!!!
Hope yor doing well today BL and thanks for good luck wishes everyone.xx

Nice one Janey!!! What a great loss!!!

I am starting to feel ready for ketosis! :D FIghting hunger, but as usual, nothins goin in my mouth! A wee low on energy today. I expect tomorrow I will feel the lowest lag that you feel just before K kicks in. ROLL ON KETOSIS!!!! :D

Now, wheres my bed? :D

Hope you are asleep now

Get through the hunger pain barrier, hopefully you'll be fully into ketosis tomorrow and it'll be plain sailing then.
Good losses ladies - you are on your way.

Hi Everyone,
Well done Janey, you've done gr8!
Bet youre glad you got back on track now arent u?
Here we go into another week...
xxxx

Hi all, what a result BL well done, in wk 1 your already 1/3rd of the way to your target!!

Marie, hope you have had a good week, good luck for your weighin tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to mine on Wednesday.
XX
Wed 6th
PS Just back from weighin and another 4.5 off so 13lbs in 2 weeks, I am well pleased with this!

Marie, how are you? how did you get on this week?
xx

Last edited:
Hi, if middle aged is 47 then that's me, good luck with the LL.
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

Back