Any october starters??

kimmi - I ate whilst doing lighter life last time. You can eat a small amount of protein and green veg whilst on the diet and stay in ketosis, but even though I didn't come out of ketosis, I felt as if I did physically. The next day I was hungry and very drained. The following day I gave up.

So personally, I'd make an excuse (upset tummy, I told my mum once I was a doctor supervised 24 hr fast to test for irritable bowel syndrome - the things we do!!!), but its got to be your decision. Good luck, whatever you do.

I suspect a lot of us October starters may be facing similar food decisions come Christmas day.

Hi everyone I haven't started yet but I just wanted to introduce myself as I start on tuesday! You guys are doing sooooo well!

I'm Emma mum to Owen 5, Luke 3 and Maddison 10.5 months and I still haven't lost the enormous amount of baby weight I put on when I had my first so anyway thats me :).

I'm now 15st 2ish lbs and at 5'3 thats obviously not great!

Emma xXx

:welcome: Emma! We sound to be in similar situations - although I'm only 5'2 and started at 16st 9lbs and I've always been overweight but having my 2 daughters in the last 22 months didn't help!
Good luck for your LL journey and keep posting as this forum is a fantastic support network. :flowers::character00238::wavey:

Wow! I'm buzzing today! I had my first proper LL mtg last night. I'm attending refreshers because I have issues! I only did it last time for 12 days before I dropped out, but there were no groups starting and I really wanted to get going so my LL counsellor said I should join refreshers. So I did. And last night was the first one - and what a breakthrough!

Basically, I mentioned how i'm taking this one day at a time because if I think long term I freak and give up. About how I need choice - to choose every day to do this.

Then others started talking about how many packs they consume and how some were struggling to eat all their packs. I said, I had found this time so much easier because I'm consuming all 4 packs, whereas last time I deliberately consumed 3.5 to save half a pack a day. LLC asked me why - was it for additional weight loss, and funnily enough, no it wasn't. It was so I could have my choice of packs at the end of the week. I hated the thought of being forced to have flavours I didn't feel like at the end of the week...I didn't think that was that weird, but she said, you have real issues with choice, don't you? And I burst into tears!!! Surprised myself!

Anyway, now I'm buzzing, and have been since yest evening. I've still got to think round this, but I know a lot of it stems from my husband leaving last Dec (we were together 14 years) and feeling very constrained and lacking in choice as I have a 2 and 4 year old at home. So it appears I'm seeking out choice in different ways, which is why I'm more successful this time, because I'm choosing to do it every day, and I'm not doing the whole 100 day thing which takes the pressure and "have to do it" feeling away...

YAY! I hope the counselling proves as beneficial to you as it does to me! x

Week 4 done

Hi All

had my fourth weigh in last night and lost another 4 lbs so i am happy with that. I added my name to the table i hope you don't mind. I am going to a work ball tonight and this will be the first 'function' i have had to attend whilst doing LL. I considered having a small meal but in the end i contacted the hotel and asked them to make up 2 of my soups and serve with the main meal. Feel like coming off even for one night is the start of a slippery slope! Fingers crossed i manage okay!

Name....Week...........Loss..........Total Loss
Emzski......4.............5lbs.............18.5lbs
Lana.........3..............4lbs............14lbs
Sb2b.........3..............5lbs............21bs
malteaser...3..............5lbs...........19lbs
Nina08.......1..............4.5lbs.........4.5lbs
Pumpkin....1...............10lbs..........10lbs
Minime......2...............3.5lbs.........14.5lbs
Twiglet......1...............10lbs..........10lbs
Steph........2................5lbs...........12lbs
Minxymummy.1............15lbs..........15lbs
Clarins.......1..........10lbs........10lbs
Picnic........1...........9.5lbs.......9.5lbs
EmmaHSE 4........... 4lbs.........26lbs

Last edited:
i can't get out of lunch. my mum and me are driving up to my grans.. my mum can't drive - so i have to go. i'll stick to salad and veg. it's only one small meal after all!. i go down the gym at least once a day anyway, so i'll easily burn it off. well done emma!!

I nearly ate a packet of instant pasta today. I opened my cupboard and took it out, got as far as putting the kettle to boil and then stopped myself. I kept thinking that no one would know about it and if I threw up after then it would be like I never ate it. I know this sounds disgusting but I used to do it years ago but I've since stopped. I just kept thinking I would do it just this once and I'll be fine. But I knew I wouldn't be fine because it would be sliding down the slippery slope.

I'm proud that I went back upstairs and didn't do it. I read instead. Then halfway through the book I thought it would be really nice if I had some of that pasta. This time I didn't get as far as going to my cupboard but I was still thinking it. I made a savory drink instead. I hope I can talk myself around it again next time.
This is my biggest battle, one with myself or my 'internal chatterbox'.
I know I need to see food in a different light, this is why I'm doing LL.

I need to do this. I'm going to start running again next week - hopefully that will keep me more then occupied.

what scares me is that i feel weak and 'winded' most of the time, and i do not think i could go running on 530 calories. i probably would die. i am still feeling weak and hungry on some days of ll, is this normal, i am not happy at the mo. :sigh:

Hi - i personally think the 1st couple of weeks are the hardest, after all you have making such a BIG change, your body needs time to adjust and it won't happen overnight. This is my 3rd week and I can honestly say that I am such in a routine, I don't even think about it anymore and try to keep myself busy. Like just now, I have finished the 'pump it up' dance DVD to get rid of an hour or so and to help start toning up. Then I took the dog out to have a good old stretch out. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I could eat and eat and eat, but for once not feeling hungry kind of stops me (which is v unusual for me - trust me!). Also try to remember that LL is not 4ever and that we will be able to eat nice things again, plus we will be looking even better! x

Hi all, just wanted to say congratulations to all the weight losses this week. Keep it up, we are all going to be a lot slimmer by xmas!

Hi Clairns,
i know how you feel sometimes, but hang on in there, i'm on my 6th day and keep felling nauseous (think that how you spell it!) those soups the smell just makes me heave ! but i find this site really inspiring and helpful, just reading other members difficultys & how they've overcome them keeps me going as i'm determind & will lose that weight ! Tommorow is my 1st weigh in so will keep you posted.
take care

Hi,
just got back from meeting with my counsellor, i didn't go on tuesday so went today instead. im gutted as put on a pound but im taking it as a wake up call. i use food to deal with problems rather than face up to issues and i now know that this needs to change. so im 1 billion percent back on track, no more wobbles.
thankyou malteser for all your help, you are fab!!!!
next weigh in tuesday, 5 days away, hopefully il have had a loss by then!! :)
xx

Hey Twiglet! sorry bout ur gain but look at it as only 1 that you will loose by tuesday im sure! have a gd few days and see u on tuesday!

hi everyone,
google manic mandies lighter life.
its the best inspiration, some of the before and after pictures on there are amazing! have a look :) xx

My first week weigh-in and I'm 6.5 lbs lighter - hooray!!!! I'll be honest and admit I had hoped for a bit more but I am really, really pleased with this and it obviously gives me the incentive to keep going.

I have to drink more water though - I'm sure I can manage that.

Oh and I do find the cranberry bars yummy. Someone suggested putting them in the fridge to make them harder and more chewy then, which I did and it was be best breakfast I've had this last week!

Hope everyone else is doing well today and feeling motivated?

Twiglet - those photos are excellent aren't they? I love looking at before and after photos. Also have a look on www.lighterlifecommunity.co.uk in the forum and they have a permanent thread for people to post their before and afters. So inspirational.

Hi skinnydebs - congratulations on your weight loss thats excellent 6.5Ib, its my first weigh in is tonight, i hope its as good as yours.
I've not found my first week to bad, no headaches just occassionly nauseous ! I also agree the cranberry bars are nice, have you tried the peanut bars? i'm not that keen - reminds me of balsa wood (not that i eat it often!
will post later with weight loss

Thanks Bronte and lots of luck for tonight - I'm sure you'll be really successful and on here later telling us your loss - please do!

We were given little tasters last night of all the bars to choose from so I did get a couple of peanut ones going on the nibble I had. I was so hungry though when I got there last night I liked them all!

Sorry to hear about the nausea, hope that disappears soon.

Hi all,

Well done on some amazing losses this week, and welcome to all the new people! This has been an interesting week, with a work do one evening where there were very tempting canapes, but so far so good, managed to resist!

My first stone off in three weeks, am so pleased!

Started using psyllium husks in my soups this week, what a difference! Can actually eat them with a spoon. Also bout some marigold swiss bouillon last night, it's delicious!

Does anyone else find that despite drinking more than 4 litres a day, my ketostix test keeps showing I am dehydrated?

LLC was away today, but the locum suggested reducing water to strictly only 4 litres, incl teas, coffees and packs. Sounds a bit backwards to me?

Oh well, will give it a go, but if I'm parched, I'm going to have some water!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Steph
x

i like the idea of bars in fridge, so have put mine in there for when i have it tonight! - Am a bit miffed though, tried on a pair of size 14 jeans from Dorothy Perkins yesterday and nearly did up, so was v chuffed, however went into Asda today and tried on a size 14 which wouldn't even go over my thighs and then when I tried a size 16 on, it was still about an inch from doing the button up. I came away feeling really fed up, but then tried to remember that store sizes vary from shop to shop. Why can't all sizes be the same? Is that too much to ask?!

Malteaser - remember the size 14 in DP - an excellent success! I always used to like the sizes in Wallis, and I've never liked the sizes in M&S!

Agree, wish there was a legal measurement for each size so we knew where we were.

just been for 1st blood test at Drs (the 28 day one) and Dr was impressed by weight loss and weighed me there and on their scales I have lost 2 pounds since Tues night weigh-in, so was quite pleased!

Back