Any one with PCOS

fruitybabe i totally agree with u that this forum helps alot. I was wondering if any of you could write their food dairy and i'll try and copy it and see if the scales feel my pain and sympathise with me

I just had my weigh in tonight carol - another 3lbs gone, yay - so will be starting a new food diary tomorrow. If I remember I will upload mine (memory is rubbish recently) it helps sometimes to see what others are eating to give you a bit of inspiration :)
I'm not sure exactly how much I want to lose or how much I need to lose to give my fertility a boost but am in it for the long haul anyway so only time will tell.
By the way eve thanks for your post it is lovely to see that you succeeded and you have done amazingly well. Did you notice any other differences in symptoms with your weight loss?

fruitybabe im happy that u doing well, if u keep a food dairy do u not mind writing ur food dairy i'll copy it and see what happens

Of course I don't mind carol... will see what I can do :) Got my tea in the oven at the moment so will have a sit down and write out my day. Does it go in this thread or a special one for food diaries?

you are better off writing it in the food diaries section where you will always be able to find it :)

how many of you then have been put on metformin because of the PCOS?

I was diagnosed with PCOS the beginning of this year. Which really I am surprised I didnt recognise the signs earlier as I have had a lot of the classic symptoms since I was young. However it only really seemed to cause me issues in the last couple of years and I expect the weight gain and other problems when I was pregnant with my son didnt help.

Slimming world is a great diet for PCOS sufferers, you just need to try to avoid "white" carbs which have no health benefits what so ever. Stick to whole wheat where possible and try to limit potatoes. New potatoes in skins are better. I also recommend googling low GI foods and incorporating those into your free food choices.

I have noticed my weight loss comes off a hell of a lot slower since my diagnosis, but I just stick to it as a way of life now and as long as the weight is coming off and not on then that is all that matters to me.

I do notice I get terribe bloating when I do occasionally have the higher GI foods, so I avoid them most of them time.

I am also on metformin - 1500mg a day

you are better off writing it in the food diaries section where you will always be able to find it :)

how many of you then have been put on metformin because of the PCOS?

I have but my Dr asked me to stop after more than a year of taken it coz it didn't do much for me

Of course I don't mind carol... will see what I can do :) Got my tea in the oven at the moment so will have a sit down and write out my day. Does it go in this thread or a special one for food diaries?

thanks alot i'll keep checking that section

I was diagnosed with PCOS the beginning of this year. Which really I am surprised I didnt recognise the signs earlier as I have had a lot of the classic symptoms since I was young. However it only really seemed to cause me issues in the last couple of years and I expect the weight gain and other problems when I was pregnant with my son didnt help.

Slimming world is a great diet for PCOS sufferers, you just need to try to avoid "white" carbs which have no health benefits what so ever. Stick to whole wheat where possible and try to limit potatoes. New potatoes in skins are better. I also recommend googling low GI foods and incorporating those into your free food choices.

I have noticed my weight loss comes off a hell of a lot slower since my diagnosis, but I just stick to it as a way of life now and as long as the weight is coming off and not on then that is all that matters to me.

I do notice I get terribe bloating when I do occasionally have the higher GI foods, so I avoid them most of them time.

I am also on metformin - 1500mg a day

Happy for you coz u managed to loss the weight i feel bloated most of the time when i was on metformin and i feel much better stopping it

Hi carol I have just started my food diary on the diary section, only yesterday on for now will update todays soon :)

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
im going to start your diary from tomorroowwww
wish me luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you have success with it :) my weigh in is on a thursday so hope to lose at least 1 & 1/2 lbs this week for my 2 stone shiny :)

Back