Any others Veggies here?

Witchypoo

Like the thread said. Are there any veggies or vegans on here?

I've been veggie for about 18 years so far, and at least when I'm being healthy, batch cook from scratch most of the time.

I'd love to go Vegan, but as a life long cheese lover.................

hey hun im a vege have been for around 10 years now :) good luck i see your a new starter like me!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one here.;)

How's your first week going Emzy? I'm struggling to eat all my daily points.:doh: And I'm so used to counting every calorie that went into my mouth, it seems very strange that veggies & fruit don't count. I've just have a huge green salad for tea and it had 0 points!:eek:

i know exactly what you mean because im limited to what i can eat like meat and fish im tending to just eat salads which as you said is no points. Im on 37pp and today i only had 10 and most of that was mayo lol but i suppose its good in one way because your way under you pp count and your still getting everything you need and on the plus side if your using only a small amount of points you can treat your self to low calories treats :D x x

I'm a veggie, but seriously considering meat (chicken) for the first time in ages... Not just for weight loss but energy...

If going back to meat is right for you, then go for it.

But wouldn't it be worth having a look at your diet first? There's no reason for you to be low in energy on a veggie or vegan diet.
Are you eating a healthy balance of complex carbs, protein & fats? Or are you relying on ready meals? I know I do sometimes, but some are a lot better than others.

There's a great free American site, nutritional data, that logs all the normal data + all vitamins & minerals. I find it a big help. It is a bit of a faff typing everything in, but it can be a real eye opener.

Witchypoo said:
If going back to meat is right for you, then go for it.

But wouldn't it be worth having a look at your diet first? There's no reason for you to be low in energy on a veggie or vegan diet.
Are you eating a healthy balance of complex carbs, protein & fats? Or are you relying on ready meals? I know I do sometimes, but some are a lot better than others.

There's a great free American site, nutritional data, that logs all the normal data + all vitamins & minerals. I find it a big help. It is a bit of a faff typing everything in, but it can be a real eye opener.

Thanks - will take a look. When I'm at home or take a packed lunch it is more than fine. My problems is work lunches and dinners that seem only to offer cheese and butter heavy vegetarian options.

I hear you. Sometimes I hate eating out, especially in pubs, 'cause we just dont 'get' healthy veggie options. But it is getting better slowly.
I remember taking my late Mum out to Tynemouth for Sunday lunch & we ended up in an Indians 'cause that was the only veggie option in town!

Back