Any others Veggies here?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Witchypoo, 8 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Like the thread said. Are there any veggies or vegans on here?

I've been veggie for about 18 years so far, and at least when I'm being healthy, batch cook from scratch most of the time.

I'd love to go Vegan, but as a life long cheese lover.................

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jael

Jael Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey I'm a veggie but on slimming world! I'm the opposite. I don't eat much dairy (I HATE cheese!) but I love eggs. I've done veganism for a few months here or there but usually end up eating omlette! Mind you, I'm 95% vegan

4. emzy1985

emzy1985 Full Member

hey hun im a vege have been for around 10 years now :) good luck i see your a new starter like me!!!

[​IMG]

5. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Glad to see I'm not the only one here.;)

How's your first week going Emzy? I'm struggling to eat all my daily points.:doh: And I'm so used to counting every calorie that went into my mouth, it seems very strange that veggies & fruit don't count. I've just have a huge green salad for tea and it had 0 points!:eek:

6. emzy1985

emzy1985 Full Member

i know exactly what you mean because im limited to what i can eat like meat and fish im tending to just eat salads which as you said is no points. Im on 37pp and today i only had 10 and most of that was mayo lol but i suppose its good in one way because your way under you pp count and your still getting everything you need and on the plus side if your using only a small amount of points you can treat your self to low calories treats :D x x

7. JRHartley

JRHartley Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.65%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I'm a veggie, but seriously considering meat (chicken) for the first time in ages... Not just for weight loss but energy...

8. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers

If going back to meat is right for you, then go for it.

But wouldn't it be worth having a look at your diet first? There's no reason for you to be low in energy on a veggie or vegan diet.
    Are you eating a healthy balance of complex carbs, protein & fats? Or are you relying on ready meals? I know I do sometimes, but some are a lot better than others.

There's a great free American site, nutritional data, that logs all the normal data + all vitamins & minerals. I find it a big help. It is a bit of a faff typing everything in, but it can be a real eye opener.

9. JRHartley

JRHartley Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.65%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Thanks - will take a look. When I'm at home or take a packed lunch it is more than fine. My problems is work lunches and dinners that seem only to offer cheese and butter heavy vegetarian options.

10. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I hear you. Sometimes I hate eating out, especially in pubs, 'cause we just dont 'get' healthy veggie options. But it is getting better slowly.
    I remember taking my late Mum out to Tynemouth for Sunday lunch & we ended up in an Indians 'cause that was the only veggie option in town!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.