Any recommendations on diet books?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bunnyg, 23 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get a couple of books to read while on my holiday (don't plan to do much other than sit by the pool and relax!!). I am getting an autobiography (russell brand), but would also like a good weight loss orientated book. Not like one of those "how to lose weight" things, but more like a diary sort of thing.

One book I read was confessions of a reformed dieter - which was brill, so would like something similar xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
  4. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

oooh thanks for that one - gonna go to waterstones now to look at books, so will check this one out, then we're gonna buy them online! We nearly bought some books in WH Smith yesterday, but stopped ourselves and said we'd check them online. They were £7.99 in WH Smith and £2.99 on Play.com with free delivery! Bargain!!! x

5. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    i can whole heartedly reccommend that book. i have read it 5 times.. whenever i feel like giving up i read it
    and im hooked on her blog as well

definately get it bunny!!

also.. i would reccommend 'Jemima J' by jane green

also very good weight orientated book.

6. Big Bird

Big Bird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds interesting - Can you tell me how to fing the blog ?? for 'Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid?'

7. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I've just read Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones. Very eye opening, not sure I'd advise reading it BEFORE you go on a plane tho' lol. I've just started Beach Babylon, which is much more of a holiday book, it's very entertaining, how the other half live etc. Not at all diet related I know, sorry.

KD is right, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl is a fantastic book. I couldn't put it down.

8. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    This link should take you to the Dietgirl blog, hopefully, if I've done it right xx

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl

9. Big Bird

Big Bird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks you :)

10. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    I'm going to have a look at the blog as desperate for a new book :)
    x

11. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Thanks everyone - couldn't find it online, so bought it from Waterstones today. I am dying to read it already, but am going to put it in my holiday bag now otherwise I bet I will finish it before I go! lol!! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.