Red Days Any red day lovers out there?

Danii

Banned
Hello im just browsing the forum :) im currently on a VLCD/ exante but time to move on and enjoy food a healthy way.

Id like to do red days:D what are your views about the plan?

Any advice please

Danii x

they are great - i always find (and Im not the only one) that i have better losses when i stick to or do more red days!
Less bloat and feel fuller for longer. good luck!

they are great - i always find (and Im not the only one) that i have better losses when i stick to or do more red days!
Less bloat and feel fuller for longer. good luck!
ooh this is music to my ears ... less bloated :) lol do you have a food diary i could have a nose at please ;)

Danii

Me too. I am having diet cola chicken tonight with loads of mushrooms. Then a big bowl of strawberries n yoghurt! Enjoy yr red days, S W is the way to go by the way!

I do mainly red days-definitely less bloated,don't crave because I don't have the unstable sugar levels that carbs can cause-always have better losses when I'm doing red xx

Me too. I am having diet cola chicken tonight with loads of mushrooms. Then a big bowl of strawberries n yoghurt! Enjoy yr red days, S W is the way to go by the way!
Diet cola chicken wow whats that then?? i adore mushrooms aswell lol Thank you :)

I do mainly red days-definitely less bloated,don't crave because I don't have the unstable sugar levels that carbs can cause-always have better losses when I'm doing red xx

Thank you Emmamb do u have a diary i can nose at your menu's? I hope i have good losses too :) x

I prefer red days. I love pasta but it doesn't love me and red days mean i can still have it but in smaller portions that my body doesn't mind.

I will only eat rice,pototoes,pasta if i go out for a meal.. i wouldnt cook them at all as i get a hard tummy lol so am i right in thinking that that you have to syn carb foods ? :)

No sorry but there's loads of red recipes and meal ideas in the recipe section :)
I usually have 2 weetabix (heb) topped with fruit and natural yoghurt for breakfast
Meat/fish with salad for lunch with grated cheese (hea) for lunch
Then meat n veg,bolognaise,fanta chicken etc etc for tea with potato/pasta as heb if I want.
Use my syns on Alpen light (3) or a small treat size choc bar etc x

Danii said:
I will only eat rice,pototoes,pasta if i go out for a meal.. i wouldnt cook them at all as i get a hard tummy lol so am i right in thinking that that you have to syn carb foods ? :)

U can use pasta/potato as a heb if the correct weight x

I am really wanting to do Red days as I have been diagnosed with PCOS and advise that a low carb diet would be best for me. But meat is SO expensive and I just cant get my around not having rice, pasta or potato with a meal. Thanks for posting your food diary though as reading it has helped me get an idea of what to eat etc. Going to try a couple of red days this week! X

I am really wanting to do Red days as I have been diagnosed with PCOS and advise that a low carb diet would be best for me. But meat is SO expensive and I just cant get my around not having rice, pasta or potato with a meal. Thanks for posting your food diary though as reading it has helped me get an idea of what to eat etc. Going to try a couple of red days this week! X
but u can have rice pototos but you have to syn them im sure??

let me know how u get on x

I struggle a bit with red days. I really want I do them mainly but sometimes hit a brick wall with what to have on the side. You can have a measured amount of potato (it's a decent amount, so don't worry!)

I really keep meaning to do the 'cauliflower rice' but never do. Thats half my problem getting round to doing /trying new things like that :)

Ps, if you check out Ellebears diary, up till about 3 months ago she did mainly red days and looking at her menus really helped me to get my head round it and show me it can be done :)

Danii said:
but u can have rice pototos but you have to syn them im sure??

let me know how u get on x

Oh yeah I know I can have them if I use them as a healthy extra or syn them it's just that I like having milk, bread and cheese as my healthy extras and keeping my syns for treats rather than rice etc. I like EE and Green as I don't have to worry about weighing anything other than healthy extras. Weighing rice and stuff feels more like a diet which (so far) slimming world hasn't. however I am having quite slow weight loss and im sure it's because of the carbs and my PCOS so I'm just gonna have to man up and cut down/out my carbs. At least I can still have bread. I do love salad and vege luckily so I can fill up on that at lunch and dinner. Gonna try a red day tomorrow and do a meal plan now for the week. Will report back lol.

Sorry for long post! Xx

Ps, if you check out Ellebears diary, up till about 3 months ago she did mainly red days and looking at her menus really helped me to get my head round it and show me it can be done :)

oh thank you i will have a look now... im confused about museli now lol x

hendopig said:
I struggle a bit with red days. I really want I do them mainly but sometimes hit a brick wall with what to have on the side. You can have a measured amount of potato (it's a decent amount, so don't worry!)

I really keep meaning to do the 'cauliflower rice' but never do. Thats half my problem getting round to doing /trying new things like that :)

Thanks I will have a look at her diary! What on earth is cauliflower rice lol?? X

what is PCOS mean? Good luck with tomorrow x

Back