Red Days Any red day lovers out there?

Danii said:
what is PCOS mean? Good luck with tomorrow x

It's Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. It causes a lot of "womens problems" and in particular difficulty with weight, causing me to put weight on easily but struggle to loose it. It causes a similar effect on insulin as diabetes does. We have been trying for a baby for over two years now and I was diagnosed with PCOS last month (its a major cause of infertility) and so I'm desperately trying to loose weight to help with that and was recommended low carb diet as being the best kind. :)

It's Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. It causes a lot of "womens problems" and in particular difficulty with weight, causing me to put weight on easily but struggle to loose it. It causes a similar effect on insulin as diabetes does. We have been trying for a baby for over two years now and I was diagnosed with PCOS last month (its a major cause of infertility) and so I'm desperately trying to loose weight to help with that and was recommended low carb diet as being the best kind. :)
oh right i understand now :) thanx for explaining so are u starting sw tomorrow like me? x

Ps, if you check out Ellebears diary, up till about 3 months ago she did mainly red days and looking at her menus really helped me to get my head round it and show me it can be done :)

Ive had a good read of her diary took lots of notes lol kind of feel more confident now thanx x

Danii said:
oh right i understand now :) thanx for explaining so are u starting sw tomorrow like me? x

No ive been doing it for 5 weeks now and have lost half a stone so far. Which is good as its going down but it just seems soo slow! I started off doing Extra Easy and then have been doing a mixture of EE and Green. But I'm bloated all the time and want to see if doing red will speed up my losses and sort out the bloat lol. Good luck for tomorrow! Have you got a lot to loose or just a little? I have another 3st 2lbs to loose :-(

No ive been doing it for 5 weeks now and have lost half a stone so far. Which is good as its going down but it just seems soo slow! I started off doing Extra Easy and then have been doing a mixture of EE and Green. But I'm bloated all the time and want to see if doing red will speed up my losses and sort out the bloat lol. Good luck for tomorrow! Have you got a lot to loose or just a little? I have another 3st 2lbs to loose :-(
oooh right 7 lbs in 4 weeks is good :D well done.

I have 1.5 stones to lose now :) ready for my holiday in August and big birthday in October. Do u have a diary? i might start one up x

Cauliflower rice is really odd and something I thought would never work but it did!

You basically get a head of cauliflower and blitz it a little in a food processor until it resembles rice (ive only got a mini one but it works in that). I over blended mine a bit and it was more cous cous-y but if you like cauliflower and can feel satisfied substituting it for proper rice, you save yourself syns :) i'll have a look for the link ;-)

Danii said:
oooh right 7 lbs in 4 weeks is good :D well done.

I have 1.5 stones to lose now :) ready for my holiday in August and big birthday in October. Do u have a diary? i might start one up x

Aww that's a good goal! I've promised myself a holiday somewhere hot for when I get to target so I can wear nice clothes and bikini! No I haven't got a diary on here, I just write it all down at home but I'm thinking I'm going to start one. Especially as I know I'm going to struggle with red at first z

hendopig said:
Cauliflower rice is really odd and something I thought would never work but it did!

You basically get a head of cauliflower and blitz it a little in a food processor until it resembles rice (ive only got a mini one but it works in that). I over blended mine a bit and it was more cous cous-y but if you like cauliflower and can feel satisfied substituting it for proper rice, you save yourself syns :) i'll have a look for the link ;-)

Wow that's brilliant! I only have a stuck blender though so not sure if it would work but gonna give it a try! Thank you :)

Aww that's a good goal! I've promised myself a holiday somewhere hot for when I get to target so I can wear nice clothes and bikini! No I haven't got a diary on here, I just write it all down at home but I'm thinking I'm going to start one. Especially as I know I'm going to struggle with red at first z

Ive started a diary now:p come and say hello...

Yeah I'm not sure, not something I fancy. I like making SW curries with the tomato base but I do always use curry paste for a few syns rather than mixture of spices. I've got tons of spices but never seem to have the right ones (plus when I use curry powder I find the cinnamon over powering).

Wow I went on a bit of a tangent there and managed to hijack the post! Sorry about that!

hendopig said:
Yeah I'm not sure, not something I fancy. I like making SW curries with the tomato base but I do always use curry paste for a few syns rather than mixture of spices. I've got tons of spices but never seem to have the right ones (plus when I use curry powder I find the cinnamon over powering).

Wow I went on a bit of a tangent there and managed to hijack the post! Sorry about that!

Me too, I use tomato base and add spices and yogurt etc. I like to experiment but I'm always a little wary as I cook for me and my boyfriend and although he is very good and always eats what I cook sometimes it hasn't turned out good! X

I know what you mean. I have had some proper kitchen disasters experimenting lol. My poor other half is pretty good, he hardly ever moans but it's justified when he does :) I have served up some fairly hideous stuff when been experimenting!

Ha ha yup he sounds as good as mine on the Slimming World food experiments front!
Aww thank you that's my Mylo! Beautiful black lab! He's my baby lolx

And ae superfree foods fruit & veg?? have as much as u want daily?

Yes super free foods are fruit and non starchy veg (some exceptions). There's a really good post explaining the plan here : http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

You should try and fill up on super free foods (eat until full / satisfied - not stuffed). The link above is really good, a short, clear and factual explanation of all 3 plans :)

Ps if you are doing red days, remember peas and sweetcorn aren't free (mistake I made).

Last edited:
I'm currently on EE considering doing red days, I suffer with excruciatingly painful trapped wind a lot :( and have wondered for a long time if it's down to pasta. Time to get me head round it properly :)

Ali? said:
I'm currently on EE considering doing red days, I suffer with excruciatingly painful trapped wind a lot :( and have wondered for a long time if it's down to pasta. Time to get me head round it properly :)

I am exactly the same! I am doing a green day today and had Quorn spag Bol for tea and now have crippling stomach ache :-( going to try red for a few days and see if it helps

Back