Any rissoto ideas for green please?

Tesco do packte risotto mushroom or cheese & white wine. They are so easy and quick and you can just add other veg like roast butternut if you like.

I like making butternut squash risotto. Dead easy and v tasty.

Risotto is easy-peasy. :)

Spray a deep frying pan with Frylight (or use a little oil if you don't like the spray stuff). Fry some chopped onion until softened, add your risotto rice and stir-fry for a minute or so. Then add your stock (I use a Knorr vegetable stock cube made up with a pint of boiling water), a little at a time, and stir frequently. As the stock is absorbed keep adding a little more at a time, and stirring. Add in whatever else you're using, ie porcini mushrooms, and just let it cook until all the stock is absorbed and the risotto is creamy but still with a bit of bite.

Another nice one is mushroom and pea risotto - if using fresh mushrooms, chop them and fry at the same time as the onion, then add frozen peas in about halfway through the cooking time.

Mine usually takes about 20 minutes to cook.

If you do a search you'll find lots of good ideas. Also check out the BBC Good Food website for recipes that are easy to adapt to SW. I regularly make butternut squash, mushroom, mushroom and leek, pea, tomato, and baked red pepper risottos.

I make a chilli rissotto. Very tasty with a bit of zing. Start with onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn, red kidney beans (or whatever you want), add your rice, a tin of tomatoes, 1/2 pint veg stock. 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp of paprika. These amounts can be increased depending on your taste. Leave to simmer until all liquid has been absorbed. Totally free on green and extra easy.

^ That sounds delicious! I wouldn't have thought of putting kidney beans in a risotto. I've got all the ingredients in so I think that's tonight's dinner sorted.

I make a chilli rissotto. Very tasty with a bit of zing. Start with onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn, red kidney beans (or whatever you want), add your rice, a tin of tomatoes, 1/2 pint veg stock. 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp of paprika. These amounts can be increased depending on your taste. Leave to simmer until all liquid has been absorbed. Totally free on green and extra easy.

Just have to say I made this for dinner last night, and OMG!! It was fantastic! Completely delicious and so filling. :cool:

For best results you need to use a starchy short grain rice like arborio or carnaroli. They will give the creamy texture you want from a risotto. Pudding rice would be better than long grain if you have that. As a last result you could use long grain but you won't get the same effect.

I usually add peas, broad beans, green beans. But when I frylight the rice and onions I do you add a little splosh of white wine!! I also find a little lemon juice is nice in it! Because I'm on EE I always add chicken or lean bacon. Lovely winter warmer!!

I do one from an old sw mag. You add spring onion, leeks and half way through add chopped asparagus. Do 250g risotto rice and 16floz stock. Toward the end, add fresh tarragon (not too much) and parsley and a he amount of mozzarella or goats cheese and let it melt through. I usually serve this with a he portion of chicken on green and toss it in grated rind of lemon and orange and chilli flakes before popping in oven. The two really complement each other. The creaminess of the risotto and the spicy zing of chicken. mmmmx

Back