Any scrapbookers here?

I scrapbook make cards & ATCs. It's pretty addictive too:) Here are some of my pages.

Oh i love scrapping! Im a total Novice have done a few pages but since my son was born i find it so difficult because now he is 3 i cant do anything without him wanting some of it! ..........

my stash is almost non existant because he found my glues and my beads etc so its all been wrecked :( ..

How do you manage with kids? ... and also is there any type of storage you have found a godsend for keeping things together when youve got small ones about? ...

I hate planning a LO only to have to pack everything away to lay the table etc

Oh wow what a brilliant thread with bags of info.
I had an hysterectomy 5 weeks ago I knew I wouldn’t be able to do much for the first 6 weeks so had to have a more relaxing hobby. I went to Hobby craft and decided to take up card making (I’m one of 10 so have a huge family). I have recently started making scrap booking cards too - it’s such a fabulous hobby.
I can’t drive for another week so I have to rely on my husband to chauffeur me around to all our local craft shops (when he finishes work and at the weekends). I so can’t wait until I can drive myself further afield!!
Samantha is right it is addictive…………..do you think there will be a ‘scrap bookers anonymous’ club soon!!

Hi to you all by the way!!

Aislinn x

Hi Aislinn - glad you've discovered the wonders of papercrafting. It's become so addictive for me that over two years ago I started my own on-line business selling supplies for scrapbooking and card making.

For the past 18 months I have held a monthly craft club where like minded people come along for a day of crafting, chatting and stroking the new goodies we've all purchased in the past month. It's good fun, and nice to meet others with similar interests.

Oh i love scrapping! Im a total Novice have done a few pages but since my son was born i find it so difficult because now he is 3 i cant do anything without him wanting some of it! ..........

my stash is almost non existant because he found my glues and my beads etc so its all been wrecked :( ..

How do you manage with kids? ... and also is there any type of storage you have found a godsend for keeping things together when youve got small ones about? ...

I hate planning a LO only to have to pack everything away to lay the table etc

My kids are grown up now, so it isn't too much of a problem these days. However, I used to craft in the evenings once they had gone to bed.

I would suggest Artbin Super Satchels (the deep ones). They can hold 12x12 papers. You can get them with section/dividers too. I don't sell them, but I do use them. Another option would be the Really Usefull Boxes - you can get them in lots of places including Hobbycraft.

Hi Samantha, you are so lucky being able to turn it into a business. I haven’t bought anything over the internet yet as I do like to touch before I buy!!
There are some workshops at a local shop which I will be able to attend soon.

Pixiepiratess – I store my things in a couple of those plastic towers of drawers (used for kid’s toys and in bathrooms). They were from Argos costing about £20 and on wheels – I already need some more though!! Our garage has been converted to a ‘den’ so I do have space to work. But if someone else is using the desk I have a big piece of wood that I can balance on top of the two towers to create my own desk, This also allows me to have things left out as long as I need to –it would probably be too tempting for a curious child. Having said that perhaps you could use a tower to store things and maybe turn it around to face the wall so it is not easily opened. I also store heavy things in the bottom drawers so it doesn’t topple over.
If you wanted to spend a bit more some kind of bedside table unit/ small filing cabinet with a lock may work.

Thanks for the inspiration everyone.

Aislinn x

I love scrapbooking. I do a lot of mine on the computer rather than printing the pics and doing it that way. I am going to collate a weight loss one too and I must admit that I find scrapbooking a great distraction.

Hi Samantha, you are so lucky being able to turn it into a business. I haven’t bought anything over the internet yet as I do like to touch before I buy!!
There are some workshops at a local shop which I will be able to attend soon.
Aislinn x

Aislinn - Well I love it, but it is a lot of work as I work in the day time too. All in all it doesn't leave a lot of time for crafting:(

I know what you mean about having a stroke of the paper. I think a lot of crafters do it without realising.

What type of workshops does your local shop offer?

Willowbee - I've not had a go at digi-scrapping. I guess I will one day. I've seen some stunning digital layouts on UKscrappers

Hi Samantha the workshops are about how to use new things and equipment. Some also allow you to produce things over the weekend and include lunch.

I get lots of my ideas from magazines. I went to a shop that I sourced from a mag on Saturday - deep joy…………

Aislinn x

Aislinn - deep joy indeed. There is nothing quite like seeing the stash in the flesh:)

Interesting reading this. I've thought about doing a weight loss scrapbook to inspiring me after Christmas when I should be maintaining then. I love scrapping.

My scrapcafe kit has arrived and it is totally gorgeous! .. am waitin until the weekend to give it a go! I really want to go have a look round a proper craft shop so i can touch things ! lol ..

does anyone happen to know of any good shops near Lymington hants?

Click on this link - it shows a map of Britain, then you click on the area of interest to highlight shops in the area. (Some are B&M and some are on-line)

glad to see my scrapbooking thread is still going on,over a year later!

I still scrap, got my own dedicated scrap room now.I am also loving stamping at the moment, and am thinking about becoming a Stampin Up demonstrator in the new year.

glad to see my scrapbooking thread is still going on,over a year later!

I still scrap, got my own dedicated scrap room now.I am also loving stamping at the moment, and am thinking about becoming a Stampin Up demonstrator in the new year.

Some of those SU stamps are fantastic. I've just had a quick look at your blog, the cards you preview look great (I recognise a couple of the stamps as SU), I'm sure you'd do well if you go the SU route.

I went to my first craft event on Saturday in Harrogate – it was fantastic and huge…….I was like a child in a sweet shop!!

As we arrived there was a lady spending £120.00 on the first stall my friend and I nudged each other in surprise…………a quarter of the way round I had already spent £43.00!!!

I’ve got all my Christmas card stuff now, some great card stock and embellishments for my next lot of scrapbooking.
I can hardly wait for the next craft event in the North West.

Aislinn x

I deliberately didn't go to Harrogate as I would easily spend £200! I need to have a big sort out of my stash, and then actually make some more stuff before I buy anything more! I sub to a scrap kit every month, Scrapagogo, which is lovely. Need to crack on with using them up!

Aislinn - sounds like you've had a good time at the show. I know exactly how it is - so much temptation is so hard to resist - a bit like chocolate!:)

I sorted out a lot of my personal stash a couple of months back. Although a lot of it has been re-homed, there is still a lot more that needs to be used. You know the type of stuff you can't bear to use or to be rid of:sigh:

Oh I had an absolute burster spending nearly £60.00. We then went to Betty’s tea rooms and pigged out on her fat rascal………..delish!!!
I’m back on the diet on Monday as I will then be 3 months post op.

Aislinn x

Back