Any special occasion your slimming for?

Mrs*S

Well this time I am doing it for myself but I am a very very big Duran Duran fan and really want to meet the band as if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have met my husband. In particular Nick Rhodes (swoon)
So I want to get down to a decent size by the time they tour just on case!!!!

Duran Duran! OMG, there's a blast from the past - I loved them!! Simon Le Bon - *phwoar*

In answer to your question - no, just for myself and for the rest of my life :)

I want to have children and be a yummy mummy - not overweight and out of puff running round after them! Oh and if my BF ever proposes, would like a lovely wedding and to look nice in my photos on my special day.

Overall, health is the main push tho! x

I'm doing it for my health.

My mother has diabeties (late onset), so has her sister, brother & her mother had it. So I can see a pattern here!

My mother has other weight related illnesses & I just don't want to spend my retirement at hospital appts, I want to be in the sunshine walking & having fun.

BTW my retirement is soooooooooo long away :p

Just to be how i was before i had my daughter, then ill get pregnant and have to do it all again lol (wont put on 4.5stone next time!!)

My wedding day - 18th June 2010.

Just doing it for me!
When I feel good I am so much nicer as a person, and being slim makes me feel really good!

I'd like to say I was slimming for a special event but mine is purely health related. My mum died of a clot on her lung in March and although she was receiving cancer treatment (which can cause clots), her weight was also an issue so she had 2 major factors. We also discovered that she was diabetic at the time of her death and it frightened me. Even my dad has managed to lose over 2 stone since discovering he has high cholestoral and wants to learn from his old mistakes. They were both over weight and I have also battled with my weight for years.

This is mostly definately for my girls, the smaller size jeans are just a bonus.
I spent 6 years constantly on a diet, lost 3stone in the beginning and struggled to lose the remaining stone and a half. I am finally doing it.

I want to be healthy for my daughter and more importantly for myself, but I would love to be at target for my holiday which is at the end of May next year :)

Hi,

I want to lose my baby weight (& some!) which has been creeping up on me for a while (baby is 11 months), we have had a really tough year with her being born 7 weeks premature and I haven't been ready to look after me until now.

Me and OH are hoping to learn to scuba dive next year, and the thought of the wet suit... well, let's just say it's given me that extra oomph! x

I want to have children and be a yummy mummy - not overweight and out of puff running round after them! Oh and if my BF ever proposes, would like a lovely wedding and to look nice in my photos on my special day.

Same here! Though, I have 1 son, and want to be slim for number 2!! And I'm so with you on the giant IF my oh EVER proposes... (6yrs is too long you hear me MR!!!) lol xx

I'm doing it so i can squeeze into my bridesmaid dress next May at my cousins wedding.

I gave up smoking 3 yrs ago and piled on almost 3 stone. I didn't relalise i was substituting the ciggies for food so now im addicted to food lol.

I tried the Weight Watchers but felt i was starving all the time and felt weak so im goving Slimming world a go. I went to my first meeting yesterday and started the diet/healthy eating plan today, so far so good.

Good luck!!

I'd like to say I was slimming for a special event but mine is purely health related. My mum died of a clot on her lung in March and although she was receiving cancer treatment (which can cause clots), her weight was also an issue so she had 2 major factors. We also discovered that she was diabetic at the time of her death and it frightened me. Even my dad has managed to lose over 2 stone since discovering he has high cholestoral and wants to learn from his old mistakes. They were both over weight and I have also battled with my weight for years.

This is a similar story to mine except for the fact my mum fortunately lived through her breast cancer treatment, but the treatment for that gave her uterine cancer :( she has just had follow up tests and her colestral and Bp are far too high.

Mum, Dad, my brother and I are all overweight and need to do something about it.

Oh and a beautiful pair of size 12 jeans wouldn't go amiss :D

I'm so glad this is not just me!!!

I realise im proberly a fair bit younger than you, and please all note,no children for me for a very long time yet so no need to panic..

BUT, all i want in life is to be a mummy, and i want to be a healthy mummy, who can run after and look after her children without having serious health issues..

plus, i really didnt wanna be one of those woman who never looked preggers cause they were so big :eek:

Plus, if joe ever proposes and i ever get him down that aisle lol, i didnt wanna be one of these woman that look back at thier wedding day and wished theyd done somthing about thier weight sooner.. i want my wedding picture on my wall, and i want to like how i look.

and of course so i can live and long and happy, healthy life. xx

I'm doing it so i can squeeze into my bridesmaid dress next May at my cousins wedding.

I'm going to be a bridesmaid in March! But I've only been give my bridesmaid title very recently so can't say that's really my reason for doing SW.

Main reasons were for me! Wanted to get back to being the confident FUN person I used to be (before I gained weight), which I feel I've nearly achieved!

my wedding in july 2010 :D im hoping the seamstress has to do lots of stitching to hoike my dress in my my fittings in may. Im hoping we'll start a family soon after, and seeing all the many problems being overweight causes in pregnancy, labour and after i really want that healthy bmi that helps towards healthy mummies and babies :D

Back