Any students out there?

Exactly - and I'm not judging, I'm just putting my point across. Like I said it's your choice. But it seems silly to risk it.

I was reading through this thread and was pretty shocked at some of the judgmental comments. I have never seen this before on Minimins. It's gone beyond people saying that people who drink whilst in ketosis are stupid to people basically judging those who like to have a drink on a night out. The choice to drink alcohol or not is exactly that - a choice. We all know that we shouldn't drink in ketosis and I am in NO way advocating it, but if people choose to then it's up to them - it doesn't make them stupid. It's up to them. Drinking alcohol is just something that you either like or you don't, just like anything else! I like to have a glass of wine, my best friend hates alcohol! I also like things like going running and reading and looking after animals. It's just a case of what you like and what you don't like. It doesn't make you any less of a person to say you like alcohol. Also, I think it is probably more difficult for people who havent been to uni to really understand what the social life is like there! It's a one-off situation - best time of my life personally! Sorry to rant, I just wasn't impressed with the judgments being passed here x

When she says about being pressured to drink she doesn't really mean peer pressure, it's just the whole banter thing that comes hand in hand with being at uni!

I was reading through this thread and was pretty shocked at some of the judgmental comments. I have never seen this before on Minimins. It's gone beyond people saying that people who drink whilst in ketosis are stupid to people basically judging those who like to have a drink on a night out. The choice to drink alcohol or not is exactly that - a choice. We all know that we shouldn't drink in ketosis and I am in NO way advocating it, but if people choose to then it's up to them - it doesn't make them stupid. It's up to them. Drinking alcohol is just something that you either like or you don't, just like anything else! I like to have a glass of wine, my best friend hates alcohol! I also like things like going running and reading and looking after animals. It's just a case of what you like and what you don't like. It doesn't make you any less of a person to say you like alcohol. Also, I think it is probably more difficult for people who havent been to uni to really understand what the social life is like there! It's a one-off situation - best time of my life personally! Sorry to rant, I just wasn't impressed with the judgments being passed here x

I never meant to be judmental and apologise if thats how it came across. I never meant to offend the OP.

I wouldnt promote someone eating carbs while doing sns in the same way as i wouldnt promote drinking alcohol.

I dont think hurt was meant in these posts. I wanted the OP to understand the risks and i guess my concern may have come across as judgmental.

Im a really protective person and wouldnt want someone to expirience the horrible side effects that alcohol during ketosis can cause.

I had to watch a friend of mine be taken in to hospital after drinking a bottle of wine during a ketogenic diet with alcohol posioning because her body couldnt process it.

Apolgies for any offence.

love sarah xxx

Back