Any tips for a restart?

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Hi everyone
I was so in the zone for months, felt like goal was just around the corner and then went on holiday, and thats it! Have been trying to get back into it for the last week and have ended up falling off the wagon every day and eating tonnes of junk :(
For some reason getting started again is so much harder than doing it the first time - does anyone who has successfully restarted after a break have any advice to make it a tiny bit easier? I'm desperate here!
Or if anyone just wants to give me a shake and tell me to stop moaning and get on with it thats fine too!
Thanks
LED x

its very hard to re-start a diet, I've been using a goal (holiday) to keep motivated-i;ve had a some great days and some not so great-but just keep plodding on-little by little its going down and not up,,woohoo

I'll give you a shake an exante one ok .... right just get your head down today if you feel you are going to do something then go straight out of the house start walking and come back when that negative feeling has gone and i'll also take this tip too , cos your not alone :)))

Thanks both!
Tessie - I think my problem was that I was working towards my holiday, and when it came round I lose focus. Now thinking about the next goal, so hopefully that will get me going again.
Ms JMC - thanks for the advice! Will definitely follow that today, am working from home so any time I get tempted to have a look in the cupboards I'll get out in the sun instead and walk it off! And thanks for the shake too! ;)
Anyway, 1.30pm and I've had half a shake, about 3 pints of water and 3 nettle teas.... its going well! Feeling positive about today :)

You need to find some motivation Hun
Sir down and really assess where you want to be with your weight maybe buy a pretty dress for Christmas a size or two too small and hang it up for motivation :)
Just need to find something to head towards hun x

Yeah Dusty you're right - I've been putting off getting a dress I want for Christmas because I don't know what size I'll be, but actually I know exactly what size I want to be so I should just bite the bullet and get it... and then make damn sure I fit into it in time!

LastEverDiet said:
Yeah Dusty you're right - I've been putting off getting a dress I want for Christmas because I don't know what size I'll be, but actually I know exactly what size I want to be so I should just bite the bullet and get it... and then make damn sure I fit into it in time!

Go for it LED buy the dress in the size you want to be it'll be a great incentive ;)

postive thoughts only ....
working from home , is hard , but a walk if it gets tempting ... come back when your heads cleared .
You will do it !

Back