• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Extra Easy Days Any tips for a skipped breakfast?

S: 17st4lb C: 16st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 37.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.31%)
This is a problem I find far too often. If I'm on a particularly early shift I literally can't wake up with time for breakfast. Sometimes I can grab some fruit and munch on that but today for example I couldn't.. Have you any tips for keeping up my metabolism?
Today, the plan was to drink green tea all morning til I could have food (4 hours later) but the boiler at work broke so I couldn't >.< as I have three hours for my break, I'm currently eating a broccoli soup with the intention of having a full meal in about two hours. Do you think that sounds like a good idea to keep my metabolism up?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Shirleen

Gold Member
S: 21st12.5lb C: 21st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 45.3 Loss: 0st8.5lb(2.77%)
What do you do? What facilities do you have? How do you travel to work, how long does it take?
Eat as soon as you are able.

It's like ten minutes on a bus and I work in a restaurant. I do try to eat soon as possible but sometimes I just can't so I wanted to know whats the next best option? Ie drinks to boost metabolism or food to eat after such a fast that won't be too fatty

S: 16st9lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 4st8lb(27.47%)
Have alpen light bars, and fruit or a yoghurt, nice and quick you could even eat the bars on the bus or walking and then you have something inside you xx

spinme307

S: 16st3.5lb C: 15st5.5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 34.8 Loss: 0st12lb(5.27%)
I have a similar problem as I do a lot of driving during my working day and don't have time for breakfast before taking the kids to school so I have a big tub of fruit salad that I can munch on as I go. Its not the best solution I know but it helps get me through til I have time to stop & eat properly.

Rochelle1

Gold Member
S: 19st10.5lb C: 10st13.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 8st11lb(44.48%)
I'd say take the cereal bars and a piece of fruit also. That's the good thing about the alpen lights and the hifi light bars u can eat them on the go . Deffo wouldn't skip breakfast I'd be starving by half 10

Shirleen

Gold Member
Everyone has said what I wanted to. I don't eat breakfast before I go to work but I make the one pot hash ( frittata), and divide it into quarters and take that to work and heat it up. If you are looking at drinks make up a soup a nice big batch, keep three portions in the fridge and freeze the rest. That way you have something for every morning, pop it into your microwave and then either into a flask, or into a travel mug and sip it on the bus! No-one needs know what's in it!

jaylou

Gold Member
It's hard but just ten mins earlier with the alarm will give you chance to pop some toast in or eat some cereal.
Make sure you have fruit to grab, make a fritatta (I make a potato and onion one), boiled eggs, tomatoes, anything - just make time for your breakfast!

rachaeld82

S: 16st4lb C: 10st6.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.9 Loss: 5st11.5lb(35.75%)
I make porridge up the night before and take it cold to work. I then add fruit to it - quick, easy and tasty.

Shirleen

Gold Member
My new one is popping 1/4 bag of frozen berries in a pot, top with total Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of sweetener, put it in the fridge overnight and mix up in the morning mmm

Shirleen said:
My new one is popping 1/4 bag of frozen berries in a pot, top with total Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of sweetener, put it in the fridge overnight and mix up in the morning mmm
I hate frozen berries >.< but to be fair I've only tried cheap horrible ones :D

How do you make fritata?

Rochelle1

Gold Member
S: 19st10.5lb C: 10st13.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 8st11lb(44.48%)
I was at the docs before work this morning so only has time to have a banana but then had a hifi bar at work with my coffee at 10 o'clock coffee time and I must say, it did fill me til lunch!! Didn't think it would. So it doesn't have to be complicated breakfasts x

S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
What about magic porridge, have you tried that?

It's handy because you make it the night before, so it's ready to grab on your way out to work. Simply take a Healthy B choice of 35g Porridge Oats and mix together with a Muller Light (Vanilla is my favourite, but you can experement with flavours!). Store in a mini lunch box, and pop in the fridge over night.

The next morning you should wake up to a lovely, thick, creamy porridge. I like it with sliced strawberries and a chopped banana stirred through it, to die for! :drool: Really filling and so, so handy.

Could I ask if you then heat the magic porridge or have it cold?

S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
I eat it cold chick, as I don't like the thought of warm yoghurt. I'm really fussy though, I've hear people have eaten it hot and it was just as nice. I guess it's just a matter of taste :)

I think cold might be best too..thanks for that, think I might try that for tomorrow!

The other day I had a banana on the bus to work and it was four hours before I could have lunch, felt surprisingly not too hungry and energetic!